Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - What features too include in the next Release/Versions?
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

What features too include in the next Release/Versions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which feature would you MOST like to see?
VS. Mode
12%
 12%  [ 12 ]
Medical unit
8%
 8%  [ 8 ]
Demolish-able Environments
8%
 8%  [ 8 ]
2nd level generator (power from it=2 generators)
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Skirmish Mode
34%
 34%  [ 33 ]
Map Builder (for the handheld)
6%
 6%  [ 6 ]
Map Builder (for the desktop)
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Map Builder (for the handheld and desktop)
25%
 25%  [ 24 ]
None this Game is Perfect
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 96

SCFan42
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I should throw in my suggestions:
Volume control (I can barely hear it)
higher quality sounds (alot of newer PDAs have headphones and I when I plug them in all I hear are little beeps since it's quieter than the PDA speaker)
waypoints and building rally points.
AI modes (offensive to chase enemies forever, defensive to chase enemies for a short distance then return to their starting point)
More AI modes (while moving, telling them to stop and fire when enemies are in range or to keep moving even when fired at.)
Advanced expansion slot support (putting launcher files on RAM, having the big 1.8 MB file on the flash card to save RAM)
Twin_Pixel
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the VS mode is highly wanted, although users confuse it with skirmish. (In e.g. C&C Red Alert, skirmish and VS mode are the same.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ux50nut
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly, the game is exceptional as is considering it is a PDA game. The more features you add, the more lines of code you need and the bigger the program...

Instead of trying to incorporate all kinds of bells and whistles, I would look to expand the game in the form of mission packs. Everyone would be happy to buy them and you don't need to write a bunch of code.

Create a "random map generator" to create a random map with bad guys and your spot. Give it a difficulty level to choose how tough the bad guys are and you have esentially unlimited missions.

Create a vs. mode via bluetooth. yes, this is a bunch of coding, but instead of the computer commanding the other unit, another handheld device does. Again, keep the game itself as is so there isnt a bunch of codework other than the bluetooth part.

Use the engine you have... tweak it ever so slightly, and sell mission packs. Use the revenue stream to fund the development of a 2.0 and you can then add all sorts of neat-o stuff in it.

Last, but not least, a few tweaks:

Highlight a group of men/tanks and give them orders. Orders would be to stop in place, defend an area (click) attack an area (click). Still use the shortcut, but add this feature. When you attack your men line up single file and tend to get hammered while they are trying to get into place -- oten destroyed before they manage to get a shot off. In attack mode, they would approach in a flank with the right hardware/men up front and maximize firepower as quickly as possible. Defense works the same way. You have to manually place characters on screen to keep them spread out or they will bunch up and get clobbered when enemy approach. They need to spread out on order and flank/defend where they can lay down the most firepower possible...

all the other stuff mentioned here is great, but lets get more missions and multiplayer before you head off into 2.0 land and we have nothing new to play for a year....
CoolGuy-T|C
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the way to look at is to get this game as close to the original command and conquer as possible. Keep it your own game but make it as feature rich as that game. With the new devices coming out it is possible. Here are some of my choice picks:

1.) Grouping - this is a basic feature for any rts. group them by numbers that can be designated by a on screeen button or by grafitti.

2.) Mulitplayer support - This game screams for mulitplayer battles but i beg you if you do this don't make it bluetooth only. Take the example of Rifle SLugs and embrass the wifi market as well. If i could log onto a server a start a game i would probably fail college.

3.) Mission Editor - Definately PC/Mac support but if a palm edition could be made that would be cool too. Now this is just s pipe dream but if a basic level of script could be put in there that would be awesome. Tower Defense maps made famous by warcraft and starcraft would be a lot of fun to play. Again just a pipe dream.

4.) New Units - Lets see some more units of different types. Maybe 1 or 2 new infantry units, no more tanks, maybe a new tower, definately a new class like air or something unique that fights into the storyline would be cool too, but create more stradegy oppurtunities. this of course will also bollestor the mplayer aspect (if emplemented of course)

5.) I didn't even think about this until i read it but music would be cool. Just your basic rts backing music that adds that little something.

So those are my 5 that i would like to see. Either way you go this is by far one of the most in depth games i have ever played on palm. I am incredibly impressed.
claxbane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we hear all of the users suggestions and will do everything we can to make this game as great as possible.

Thanks for all the suggestions. keep them coming.

biomenace
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it needs a skermish mode to hike up the replay value, however, I is the best game I have for the Palm oh and music and rally points Razz
rosskoepke
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really like to see a map editor. Between PC based and handheld based I would prefer PC-based hands down. Editing a map on the handheld, while not impossible, would be pretty damned hard. I'd also like to see the map editor be released for Mac OS X - the macintosh base is often forgotten when level editors come out for many games. If/when Darrin and Scott come out with a level editor, I'll host a competition or two to see who can make the best map, and perhaps we'll have a full campaign competition as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Heko
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to have 'heroes', say infantry or vehicles that gain levels and become stronger, and you don't lose them when you go to the next mission, they carry over.

I also want 'cinematic' mode. Not really videos, but you can pan and scroll the map and show little movies in the map maker.

Make it a lot like warcraft custom maps.
Andre
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Support for Treo 600 navigation pad

2) Add more campaigns for current version - campaign packs that we can buy would be great.
Fofo
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I'd like to see to make me a happy rts'er is a skirmish mode and preferably multiplayer.

And having your units attack buildings automatically (having a lower priority than hostile units offcourse), it's really annoying to click each building seperately now.

Then an attack button would come in real handy (instead of just moving to the spot, your units move while attacking anything they come across).

That's about all I can think of that would really improve the game for me, the rest of the game is great.
goblin_merchant
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ability to select multiple buildings and tell them to build at the same time would be cool
Team members: Knelson and I.
pdaguy
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that they should make adjustable resolution and much larger maps with the mini map minimiseable. so you can use more of your screen for commands and stuff.
Gary
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that we already have a map builder, I think a Skirmish Mode would kick rear Very Happy
goblin_merchant
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SKIRMISH MODE PLEASSEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
Team members: Knelson and I.
Fawd
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, yes yes, Now, I dont own the game yet, and I dont know all the features, but I would like to say that my friend has the demo, it is SOOOOO fun!!!!!!!

I agree with everyone in saying SKRIMISH MODE!!!!

Also, I see that everyone is dieing, and I hear that there are no new items, in the patches... Maybe you could just add something small, a tree, or even as big as a new unit, just to spice up the game and keep everyone occoupied for a while til the next patch comes along.....

I have a question: When will the expansion come out? Is there any planned release date?

Oh, and maybe a map editor for your palm, so that you can make maps while on a plane or something.......

Hope this makes sence.....

FAWD

3100 Mhz
1 gig DDR RAM
Nivida GeForce 4 FX
Windows XP Professional
80 gig Hard Drive
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: