Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - adding or subtracting units to/from a selection + more...
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

adding or subtracting units to/from a selection + more...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garyduke
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject: adding or subtracting units to/from a selection + more... Reply with quote

Some random suggestions:

1. Make units being attacked flash on the map.

2. Enable adding or subtracting units to/from a selection by holding a button down (sort of like a shift select). Perhaps if pen is down, the left/right buttons turn into shift/ctrl buttons which add or subtract from the selection.

3. Make map dissappear temporarily (how else to see the bottom 1/4 screen of the lower right of playfield??

4. Make it easier to tell the difference between similar looking troops and vehicles.
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree on the minimap thing. Something besides the button would be to automatically shift it. Like if you're in the low right corner of the map, the minimap will shift to be on the left side of the screen. If you're looking at the lower left side, then it'll shift back... I believe a game called Argentum does that. It's very useful!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
eprodigy
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: adding or subtracting units to/from a selection + more.. Reply with quote

garyduke wrote:
Some random suggestions:

1. Make units being attacked flash on the map.

2. Enable adding or subtracting units to/from a selection by holding a button down (sort of like a shift select). Perhaps if pen is down, the left/right buttons turn into shift/ctrl buttons which add or subtract from the selection.

3. Make map dissappear temporarily (how else to see the bottom 1/4 screen of the lower right of playfield??

4. Make it easier to tell the difference between similar looking troops and vehicles.

I agree with all of these, 2,3, and 4 I've noticed myself.

Sometimes a bullpup is caught in my selection box and theres no way to deselect him, I have to move him out of the way and reselect... Map is annoying sometimes covering vital areas. You gotta really study the way the vehicles look to tell the difference between a couple of those units.
x187
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats bull**** i played wi for 3 weeks now and i leartned evry vehicle on the first day any way why use some tricky combo when u can just use one of the 4(some times more) other keys like the agenda key or inbox key
UGMC
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Age of Empires: Pocket PC uses the button just left of the wheel-thing as a shift key... very, very, very useful! That, and assigning groups numbers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: