Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - multiplayer request..
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

multiplayer request..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NEILEO
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: multiplayer request.. Reply with quote

with network multiplayer it would be really cool if you were able to chat before, during or after every game. some of you may play over ir or bluetooth or wifi and be with in ten feet of each other but today i just played my first multiplayer game over the internet and was not able to say it was a fun game or pick a different map and lets play again. i have also read that you can sit in front of your computer use aim or yim but if you are playing a game you would like to do it right there in the game because that seccond you look away to read a messagevu lose!

i hope you consider adding this feature in warfare soon
-NEILEO

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the chat idea... it's been discussed before. But another point... If we were at our computers, we might as well play a different game like warcraft3. The point of a PDA is mobility. We need some form of communication...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
moveit124
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive put this in and everyone says no... But they say that taunts and stuff like that are good... what they need is like a lobby or something... for talking while waiting
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah... preset messages in game would be good too. Then we couldn't taunt Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
UGMC
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Galaxite, please."
"Build an army."
"Stop building an army."
"Attack now."
"Give me your extra resources."

Those kind of preset messages that the computer responds to? Those would be cool. If you haven't already guessed, some of those commands are from Age of Kings, but I'm sure WI could come up with something like them.
NEILEO
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is what we need if we keep talking about how we want chat or taunts at least it will happen but if the topic does not stay alive then the hope of chat will die with it!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point! *bump*

CHAT CHAT CHAT CHAT CHAT ...

cleverkathy
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEILEO.... we are hosting multiplayer games every evening and by request sometimes. Check out our posts under the General Discussion with regards to multiplayer.

We are always on YIM and AIM before, during and after the games. We can put together a conference with all interested players and we can all discuss it together and give each other encouragement and suggestions. I have learned lots of great new strategy and become a much better player (thanks Verdagon and DontSleep) because of these discussions. I don't think the Palm format could ever be as good as this without seriously compromising the speed of the game.

Hope to see you in a game again soon. If you see us on the messenger, we are open to chat, and maybe even a game.

CleverKathy and Alfex
206.124.135.163 today
but sometimes it changes so IM us

NEILEO
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cleverkathy wrote:
We are always on YIM and AIM before, during and after the games. We can put together a conference with all interested players and we can all discuss it together and give each other encouragement and suggestions.

This is a good idea, for all of us network players to chat but one thing is that we are all not near the computer as we play. Some of us may have to share it with other family friends so on....

cleverkathy wrote:
I have learned lots of great new strategy and become a much better player (thanks Verdagon and DontSleep) because of these discussions.

This is also a big part it is good to have chats about better game strategys and tip, tricks ect...

cleverkathy wrote:
I don't think the Palm format could ever be as good as this without seriously compromising the speed of the game.

This is another big thing is speed. I would not want to have more lag in the game that is where the hard part come in but i feel that moveit124 put it well with his post....

moveit124 wrote:
what they need is like a lobby or something... for talking while waiting

This is an excelent idea because it would not compromise speed if it was just before and after the game. This is how we add the mobility part into the game!

These are just so of my ideas and I would like to know what you all think of them!

Hope to play you all!

Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

This is a good idea, for all of us network players to chat but one thing is that we are all not near the computer as we play. Some of us may have to share it with other family friends so on....

Another point: if we were next to a computer, why play on a PDA game?

Quote:
moveit124 wrote:
what they need is like a lobby or something... for talking while waiting

This is an excelent idea because it would not compromise speed if it was just before and after the game. This is how we add the mobility part into the game!

Another solution: Maybe the players can have a button that sends out a signal. And when the host sees it, maybe the host can pause the game on command, and it can open up a little chat thing when paused.

eprodigy
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about voice chat? Mabye it would lag it but my iPaq has a mic button would be awesome if you hold that to talk...

Also there should be a way to easily find other net games.. A server that lists currently running ones. Sort of like a battle.net kind of service.
NEILEO
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great idea with the easier finding server part but it would probibly stop dead if you tryed voice chat.

voice chat it would sorta start in the whole idea of a palm phone.

moveit124
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys wut we need it PDM's and they have to be programmable so we can add them... or taunts but taunts wudnt be good for speed... the best way to go is pdms...

Other site is!...

www.lineagelegends.com

but you guys dont care Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: