Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Icarus Burning
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Icarus Burning
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Icarus Burning Reply with quote

Description:

Follow the early career of a young Free Radical base commander who becomes a pivotal figure as the Mining Wars reignite. This fully-featured campaign encompases eight levels, six missions, and a heart pounding two-part finale that will change the face of Icarus forever!

Features:

Idea In addition to the standard easy, normal, and hard settings, every level features an unlockable "Extreme Mode" for the true Warfare professionals. Just find the hidden switch - in a different location on every level - within the first thirty seconds of each mission to activate it!

Idea Integral ranking system. Can you reach the rank of Secure Mining Base Commander?

Idea Performance based scoring system - With each challenge you meet and overcome, your score increases. At the end of each mission you're given a score - play through to the final mission for a total score, then post your highest score in this topic! Want to know who the best players are? Here's your chance!

Idea Finding yourself in familiar circumstances? Maybe that's because this campaign features special versions of two of my previous missions: Guerillas in the Mist and Sword of the Sun. Play them again for the first time!

Idea This completely original plot features a surprise ending that will be unlike anything you've ever seen!

Author:

Phillip McCollam (aka PhillipEarl)

History:

6-3-05 1.0 initial release
6-3-05 1.1 bug fix (figures)
6-8-05 1.2 bug fix, added scores to end of each mission
1-7-07 1.3 fixed negative score bug, tweaked first mission difficulty
1-9-07 1.4 bug fix
2-1-07 1.5 BIG bug fix! Also more difficulty tweaking on first mission.
11-18-08 1.6 Removed First Mission entirely - now begins on "Planetfall"
12-18-08 1.7 grumblegrumble...Stupid negative Score bug!...grumblegrumble

Icarus Burning.pdb
 Description:
Follow the early career of a young Free Radical base commander who becomes a pivotal figure as the Mining Wars Reignite. This fully-featured campaign includes eight levels, six missions, and a heart punding two-part finale that will change Icarus forever!

Download
 Filename:  Icarus Burning.pdb
 Filesize:  68.74 KB
 Downloaded:  11506 Time(s)

Last edited by PhillipEarl on Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:36 am; edited 10 times in total
guitarist809
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IS is harder or easier than the time you gave it to me via email?
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, it's gone through alot of changes since then. Some missions were way too hard, some were too unclear, some had major bugs. You'll definitely want to download this one. It's a vast improvement over what you had before.
guitarist809
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhillipEarl wrote:
Actually, it's gone through alot of changes since then. Some missions were way too hard, some were too unclear, some had major bugs. You'll definitely want to download this one. It's a vast improvement over what you had before.

Ok, thanks!
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(sigh.) for those twelve of you who've downloaded this level, I've already found and fixed a bug. If you find level two a bit easy, download again. Evil or Very Mad
guitarist809
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, again.
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, one final update: I squashed a bug in Mission 6 that created random unit groups on extreme mode - nasty. Extreme mode on that level should actually be winnable now.

I also added scores to the end of every mission, so you don't have to play all the way through to get a score, now!
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, just to get the ball rolling, here is my initial score after beating this mission pack:

Final Score: 108,495

Come on, I know somebody out there can beat this! I even played some missions on easy!

If anyone can score higher, Verdagon can! (Consider this a personal challenge, my friend! Wink )
White_Knight
Very Active User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Hey philip Reply with quote

Phillip earl are u one of the guys who made the WI(game creators) or a very attentious level creator? cuz this maps are unbeatble even the first gave challenge and ive only found EXTREME MODE in the second mission i toke 4 days to pass the all levels but i dont wana say my score Sad too low to be said
http://wyvern.site.vu

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I appreciate the compliment, I'm not one of the creators of the game, just an over-ambitious map writer! Wink

You're having trouble with "Prelude," right? Okay, here's a few tips:

Idea Send troops to the galaxite field to the south of the first Omni base you find (which is to the east across the river) - attack the bullpup, processor and the HRC. Then you can gather troops there for a two-pronged attack on the gate and towers. Some people even like to build a mini-base down there to take advantage of the heavy concentration of galaxite!

Idea Find and take over all the galaxite warehouses hidden in the mountains. Some of them even distract Omni units by being just out of range (the units will just sit there, trying to reach them, sometimes for the whole game - crazy Omni)

Idea You don't have to activate the replicator to win this level, but it certainly helps!!

Idea Attack the main base from two directions at once - you take heavy casualties, but it splits up the base's defenders.

Idea Make sure you have alot of troops on hand to guard the replicator before you activate it, because Omni will send quite a large attack force to try to take it over! In fact, it's probably a good idea not to activate the replicator until the smaller base to the east is wiped out!

...I hope those tips help. If you have any trouble with any of the other levels, just post here and I'll see if I can help!

Thanks for playing!
guitarist809
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that should help me as well.
White_Knight
Very Active User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: ASd Reply with quote

Thanks, it helped me but i did pass that mission as i said but i use brute force, i manadged to destroy all omni forces before activating the replicator. Very Happy

Arrow Arrow Found 2 more switches

http://wyvern.site.vu

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Keep me posted on your progress! Very Happy
BluePalms
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:01 am    Post subject: Awesome mission pack Reply with quote

Professional looking missions. Spiffcode should hire you to make levels.

My favorite was Guerillas. While destroying the mining base, the patrol with the hydra came back. I had to go back outside, then hide and wait until the patrol left. Then I had enough time to finish off the base. Good that you omitted the FR raiders in this version.
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Very Happy Very Happy By the way, what was your score?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: