Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - PageDown Hack 0.4 + Clie NR70V + WarfareInc
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

PageDown Hack 0.4 + Clie NR70V + WarfareInc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcdrewski
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 2:36 am    Post subject: PageDown Hack 0.4 + Clie NR70V + WarfareInc Reply with quote

Hi,

Just thought I'd let you know about a minor, well, I even hesitate to call it a bug... it's an annoyance...

Basically, pagedownhack (http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=software.showsoftware&prodid=41803) 'catches' taps on the CLIE NR70's status bar (the very bottom of the screen below the virtual graffiti area) and pretends that they are hardkey presses.

What this means is that when you try to tap on the bottom half of the mini-map, nothing happens.

It's a minor problem, and I'm loathe to request it, but perhaps an option to use, or not use the virtual graffiti area would be the simplest 'fix'?

Cheers - and congratulations on the game - it's fantastic and come next paycheck I'll be handing over my hard earned money...

-d
Lucas
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:17 am    Post subject: Erm... Reply with quote

I think (personally) that this is easy to fix - disable pagedown while playing!

Or you could always use your pen on the minimap to drag your view around, which is what I do.

Lucas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
clzander
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mcdrewski!

I too am running PDH on an NR70. I was starting to lose it, occasionally not being able to move the map--wondering if it was a bug, performance issue, etc. I'm undecided about the added step (admittedly simple) of disabling it, but at least know I can now move the map if I'm careful to grab it *above* the PDH button line. My sanity is restored!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: