Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Enemy Bullpups - Clarification
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Enemy Bullpups - Clarification

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barneyjason14
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Enemy Bullpups - Clarification Reply with quote

I have created enemy bullpup unit groups and are able to get them to mine. However, when they get to an enemy galaxite processor the first bullpup enters and then nothing happens. Looks the same as when your own units run out of storage.

I have provided the enemy with abundant storage, but have also given them a huge number of credits up front. It would be strange if that would cause an issue, but wanted to disclose.

The two related threads on this subject do not answer this questions specifically. Is it just a bug, or can enemy bullpups actually mine and then have the galaxite processed? If so, then what am I missing?

Thanks in advance.
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've recently run into some strange problems with Bullpup unit groups. Mine would freeze up the level after the first Bullpup emerged from the VTS. Going back into M, I found that I'd commanded the unit group to mine, and checked the Repeat Forever box. Once I unchecked the box, they were built and mined normally, so that's one thing you might want to check.

Also, how many starting credits are you giving the enemy? Seems like a silly question, but I've done that, too: created all these warehouses and thought the enemy had plently of storage, but accidentally typed one too many zeroes in the starting credits for that side, and they were all full!
barneyjason14
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That must be it. I gave the enemy about 50000 credits. I was not sure if there needed to be sufficient warehouses initially in order for the enemy to mine. Will the enemy normally build warehouses if they mine and run out of storage?

Thanks again for the help.
A Shadow
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Computers do not build any structures or units unless you create a trigger telling them to do so. But, if you do want to make it so that they build more warehouses when they run out of storage, you would do it like this...

First, you would need to make a 4x4 area, the area where you want the warehouse to be built. Name that something like warehouse1 (in case you plan on building more).

Next, figure out the maximum number of credits that the computer can hold. Do this by counting the number of warehouses the computer has, multiplying that number by 5,000 (because each warehouse holds 5,000 credits) and then count up the number of processors (yes, they hold credits too) and multiply that number by 3,000. Add the two numbers together and that will get you the max amount of credits the computer can hold.

Now create a trigger like this:

Conditions: (Credits) <enter computer's side here, such as side2 for red colored units> has <enter the max number of credits the computer can hold, or maybe 1 or 2 less, to be sure the trigger is fired correctly> credits.

Actions: (Create Unit At Area) Build Galaxite Processor at 'warehouse1 (assuming you named the area that)' for <enter computer's side here> with 100 percent health.

And when the enemy's warehouses are all full, it will build a new one. You can make more of those also, but keep in mind when you initially build that first new one, that adds one more warehouse, so the max credits the computer can hold would be increased by 5,000.

Hope you got all that!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: