Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Internet Help!
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Internet Help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A Shadow
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Internet Help! Reply with quote

I've had my PDA for a while but have never tried to use the internet on it. That is basically because I didn't know it was possible to do without a wireless card. But from my understandings I can do it from the cradle (or cable, in my case). So I tried doing just that. My PC connects to the internet using a wireless (802.11 b) connection and my ISP is Earthlink. I tried to connect, and it seems to work. It gets to the Signing In part and then waits for a minute and says "PPP time out" (or something like that). I'm assuming that means that it can't sign in correctly. I've tried my username and password and e-mail and password. I even tried manually entering the IP address, but none of those work.

I was hoping someone could give me some suggestions, I

REALLY

want to play multiplayer.

Thanks all!

EDIT: Maybe I am connected to the internet? I tried using WI multiplayer and it immediately brings me to the "Join or Host a Game" screen (which it wasn't doing before) it says "serching for local games....." but never seems to find any. Is this maybe just because there aren't games? Or is the internet just not working? Would someone be willing to test this with me?

Thanks again Smile

Last edited by A Shadow on Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no dedicated server for Warfare Incorporated, and the game itself cannot search for other games. You have to meet your opponent at a predetermined time and manually enter the ip address. (needless to say, an instant messenger is essential, here!)

There used to be quite an active online gaming community here; here are some links that may help you:

http://www.handmark.com/warfare/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5658#5658

http://www.handmark.com/warfare/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5194#5194

http://www.handmark.com/warfare/forum/viewtopic.php?t=971

http://wi.verdagon.com/04Multi.php

I'd tell you more myself, but I only have a Tungsten E and a Macintosh. That's like a double whammy against multiplayer, whether it's through bluetooth, wifi or cable. Rolling Eyes So I don't know anything about it.

Good luck!
A Shadow
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, all the links helped a bunch.

I understand what you are saying... but I am still not sure that I have actually successfully connected my PDA (I have a Tungsten E too Smile ) to the internet anyways. If anyone wants to IM me on AIM and help me test it out, I would appreciate it. (I am working on getting YIM, but it won't let me create a Yahoo! ID) My screenname is A Sh4dow.

Thanks again PhillipEarl. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: