Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - CZMP: Blood of Heroes
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

CZMP: Blood of Heroes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crakerz
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: CZMP: Blood of Heroes Reply with quote

Description:
2-MP Steal your Opponent's Dog Skull by moving your Qwik (Fox) over their Stake (Pad). Keep the Qwik alive until it can bring the Skull back to your Stake. Qwik dies, Skull returns. Only Qwiks Respawn. One Hundred Stones, Three Times (Three rounds, ten minutes each). First Skull Staked wins!

Other Info:
This level is a tribute to a great B-movie starring Rutger Hauer, called Blood of Heroes. Taking place in a postwar future, bands of "juggers" wander from dogtown to dogtown, and compete at the dubious game of jugging, where the object is to place a dogskull on the opponent's stake. There are few rules, but lots of blood.

In the WI version, it somewhat resembles "Capture the Flag". Juggers have five "players" per team (not including the reserves):

-The Qwik (played by Fox) is the only player allowed to touch the skull. In this version, the skull is stolen from the opposing team's stake, or triangular pad. Then, the Qwik must survive the trip back to its own stake to stake it. Do that just once, and you win!

-The Griffer (played by Eagle) is the Qwik's friend, and protects him.

-The Slash (played by Liberator) is deadly to Qwiks, and hunts them down.

-The Drive (played by Broadsword) protects the Stake, or Skull Home.

-The Backcharge (played by Hydra) is the most powerful player, but the hardest to obtain. To get it, you must find the secret grove.

The Qwik is the only player to respawn automatically. The Griffer, Drive, and Slash are only replaced (also automatically) at the end of the round. The Backcharge will respawn whenever the "secret" in the grove of trees at top of the opposing team's side is entered by any of your players. Only one of each player will be allowed on the field at any one time. At the end of each Hundred Stones, the surviving players all return to their respective sides, and the wounded are replaced.

The game is played in three rounds of ten game minutes each. This is marked by "STONES", one every six game seconds, shown at the top right of the screen. The top left shows whether the Red or Blue skull is Home, Stolen, or Staked, and the bottom left shows important game alerts. The game ends when either a skull is staked, or one hundred stones is done three times.

At the start of the second hundred stones, the towers in the middle area are activated. At the start of last hundred stones, towers are spawned in both the "secret" groves. (There aren't that many trees, so these aren't hard to find. Each side has a different grove, though).

This one is something that I have been working on for some time, trying to make a solo version. My youngest daughter came up with the idea, and helped a bit with the concepts and testing. Someday, I hope to have a decent solo version. Very Happy

PS: Watch the movie! It's now out on DVD. Twisted Evil

Bug reports and comments are always much appreciated.

Link to Mission Pack Download Page

Author:
Zion A. Dutro
aka CrakerZ

History:
20040617 10:22PM:
-Posted CMPZ03.pdb

CZMP03.pdb
 Description:
2-MP Steal your Opponent's Dog Skull by moving your Qwik over their Stake. Keep Qwik alive until it can bring the Skull back to your Stake. Qwik dies, Skull returns. Only Qwiks Respawn. One Hundred Stones, Three Times. First Skull Staked wins!

Download
 Filename:  CZMP03.pdb
 Filesize:  5.65 KB
 Downloaded:  11989 Time(s)

PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew! Halfway through your post, I had nearly talked myself into upgrading my handheld so I could play multiplayer and check this mission out, then I saw that you were working on a solo version and stopped myself from spending the money.

That was a close one. My wife would have murdered me. Laughing

(Eagerly awaiting the solo version!)
crakerz
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phillipearl, this is the second (solo) level I tried to create during beta. Too many problems and bugs in 1.1 and M made it nearly impossible, so I shelved it (when I requested Scott increase the trigger level to 128, it was because of the logic required for this level in solo). MP made most of the requirements easier, so I figured I would at least have it incarnated in one form.

One main issue was creating the intricate logic for the Red Team AI, which needs to change tactics each round, and another was the tracking logic required. I've solved both of those issues, and a number of others. I could actually finish it now, but it will be a daunting typing chore, so I've put it off. If enough people express an interest in a solo version, I might be persuaded to finish it.

So, I'll put you down for a "Yes" ? (Maybe I should make this a poll.....)

UGMC
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So-lo! So-lo! So-lo! I'm expressing my interest!
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEFINITELY put me down for a "Yes"... a poll might not be a bad idea, either...
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooo..... just wondering if you'd ever managed to iron out the bugs in the single player version of this?

....no pressure, or anything.....

.........................just wondering....

Wink
SoLan
Very Active User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case PhillipEarls enthusiasm didn't convince you to finish the solo version of this: I say "Yes"! Very Happy
crakerz
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: SOLO Reply with quote

Well, I've been busy the past few months Very Happy (Who hasn't) But I hope to be able to finish the single version some time soon. It is mostly a question of lots of typing (boring!) as the "bugs" have been solved.

I had kinda moved on to another multi-mission campaign with some new programming twists, but since I haven't used the editor for awhile, I should probably use BoH to refamiliarize myself. Embarassed

Stay tuned....... Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: