Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Final Strike
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Final Strike
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
izod91
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:21 am    Post subject: Final Strike Reply with quote

It's done! I have the mission pack Final Strike attached. It is a seven mission combo (with the BONUS mission Infantry War v1.1)

It was assumed that fox was killed on Icarus years ago. After much research, ACME security realized that it was his father that was killed. By the time ACME realized this, OMNI had already taken over much of Icaurs. It is you mission(s) to destroy OMNI and kill Fox once and for all. Besides Infantry War, this is my first mission pack. Good luck and enjoy! Laughing

I am working on a text file that can be used as a "spoiler" I will notify you when it is ready.

Final Strike.pdb
 Description:
OMNI has regained Icarus under a complex situation. You are to regain Icarus and destroy the REAL Fox once and for all. Enjoy!

Download
 Filename:  Final Strike.pdb
 Filesize:  64.43 KB
 Downloaded:  17994 Time(s)

UGMC
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good campaign! I can actually get past the first four levels! I think the difficulty is maybe just a bit too high or just right.
UGMC
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the level where all you can build are eagles, security guards, and raiders, how are you supposed to win? I find that I suffer too much when the enemy has hydras, which can take out quite a few eagles and security guards. I don't think it's fair that the player is limited with small guns while the enemy has a huge guns. Especially when they go on the attack.

My advice is to make attack groups smaller, and give the defense groups fewer hydras.
izod91
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I planned the mission that way. I think it was mission 6, but I'm not sure. Take the dominion to the northeast corner of the map and transform it there. Then, send around 20 eagles and security gaurds and gaurd the eastern part of you small base. The cyclops and hydra attacking will soon stop. Build up a big army and, staying to the east side of the map, slowly bring your army south. Go around the bottom of the base with a few corporate Raiders and take over the S.C. When that is done, send a small force to the north of the OMNI base and draw the attention there. While that is taking place, send another Corporate Raider to where the SC was, and go directly north and capture the HQ. I have beat the level many times before, so I know it is possible. I have a spoiler done and almost ready and I will submit it soon.

Thanks for the feedback!

UGMC
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you give Verdagon a walkthrough for his site?
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes yes yes...

Post your walkthrough here... :

http://www.verdagon.com/wiforum/viewforum.php?f=8

And if you don't want to, I'll get my walkthrough writer on the job.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
UGMC
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you write a walkthrough for New World while you're at it? It's not hard at all. Right now Spiffcode is looking at my freezing levels, and hopefully can find out what's wrong since no one else can.
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'll ask Jub if he wants to. Are you sure you dont want to? I mean, you created it and all...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
UGMC
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would I get the walkthroughs to you? Email? Forums?

Oh, yeah. People, don't forget that this forum is still for Final Strike. Sorry for stealing the attention.
izod91
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's quite all right. I have been at school for forever and I haven't had time to check out this site. I will post the directions at warfareinc.tk soon. Thanks!

p.s. where you able to beat the level?
crzybill
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:48 am    Post subject: Final Strike Reply with quote

OK, I made it to the mission where you have to get Fox off the pad he's standing on or get the OMNI forces off of the pads. I've managed to do all of that, destroy every building I can find, destroy every other OMNI force EXCEPT the ones that keep spawning! I'm almost out of galactite and forces, and those pesky troops keep spawning back into existance!!!
How the heck do you end this mission????

Nice job by the way - good toughness all the way around!
izod91
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, what version do you have, the v1.0, or 1.1? The old version did that, and I thought I fixed it, but maybe i didn’t. If you gave me that info, maybe i could help you more.
crzybill
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Version Number Reply with quote

Well, I tried to figure out what version I had, but I can't find any specific numbers...

I downloaded the file from this forum before, so I went ahead and deleted it from the PDA, deleted it from the hard drive, re-downloaded, and re-installed to the handheld. I've gotten to the mission that sends you out to the Infantry special mission, and when I completed that, it gave me the error about unable to load saved file...

So, I'm not sure what version I've got, tried to reset everything, but there's a glitch somewhere, I bypassed the glitch by just moving on to the next mission...

I really like your design in this series! I hope I'm helping and not hindering...

Oh, I play on a Tungsten T-3...
crzybill
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Curious Reply with quote

Hey izod91;

I was just curious if you've had a chance to check out the version of the levels you've created and that is downloadable here - is it the final version?
izod91
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is two possibilities for not being able to load the "saved file":

1. I think you may have to download and install Infantry War v1.2 for it to go to that mission. If not, it could be #2. . .

2. Well, as a mission editor, you know that when you complete a level and you want the player to move on to the next mission, you have to make an action command that says, "set next mission." I may have mistyped something there. I will download the mission and try it.

Thanks so much!

If anyone else is having that problem, please say so, so I know it is the mission instead of the PDA.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: