Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - uhm what about bigger maps
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

uhm what about bigger maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
x187
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:26 am    Post subject: uhm what about bigger maps Reply with quote

look if we have bigger maps we wont have to worry bout not enough galaxite or how about a new building that (something like) digs the galaxite so we wont have to worry bout running out like the black market in generals (gla) or somthing that makes galaxite (like the plant from comand and coquer
UGMC
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like both... bigger maps and galaxite mining camp. However, to get the mining camp, you'd have to research it through the R&D center. Very Happy
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of like the idea of galaxite-producing buildings. Games always kind of die when the map runs out of galaxite. Lets have these buildings produce a small amount of galaxite like maybe 5 or 10 per second, but have them really expensive, like 2000 or 3000 to buy. Then they can actually be strategic.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
UGMC
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, have it make like 30 a second and make the bullpups pick it up and then drop it off at the processor.
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verdagon wrote:
I kind of like the idea of galaxite-producing buildings. Games always kind of die when the map runs out of galaxite. Lets have these buildings produce a small amount of galaxite like maybe 5 or 10 per second, but have them really expensive, like 2000 or 3000 to buy. Then they can actually be strategic.

Isn't galaxite supposed to be the most valuable mineral in the galaxy? Isn't the whole conflict between Omni and Acme (don't forget us Free Radicals! Wink ) fought over galaxite? What would be the point of all that if you could just have a building that manufactures the stuff? If they had that, then Acme and Omni would just settle down and use their manufactured galaxite to make interplanetary Volvos, or something, and the Free Radicals would just work out of their homes making nuclear toasters and handheld computers!

Shocked There'd be no war...

.....not a bad idea, really....

I like it.

Laughing
GarySaved
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a good point, about the whole idea that Galaxite is so rare.

How about having a mode switch somehow on the pups?
Add them to the research list, and after being upgraded, they cen get the Galaxite dust that is in very small amounts in the dirt of this planet?
That sounds like a very expensive operation.

Maybe have a trigger set so when the pups get the last of the Galaxite, our bride-to-be can alert us a new experimental method of pulling Galaxite from the dirt was just found ...

Just an idea

Gary
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galaxite dust? Nice one, actually! Smile

A bullup could mine galaxite dust at something like one tenth the rate of the actual galaxite crystals. At least they would be doing something!

Waitaminute.....

You can do that now, with triggers!

Try this: create an area over your galaxite field called "dust." For added realism (if you don't have too many areas, which I usually do) you could even create several areas. In this example, let's do three, called "dust1" "dust2" and "dust3." Then create an area that covers the entire map. Call it "Bullups."

Then write the following triggers:

Conditions:
Bullup can't find Galaxite
Actions:
Set switch "dust extraction" to "on"
Message Small Top from Jana to Andy: "Andy, I'm switching the Bullups to Dust extraction mode. They'll be extracting galaxite dust from the soil. Because it's extracted in such small ammounts, the Bullups can process the galaxite on board without having to return to the processor, but it can take ten times as long this way!"

Conditions:
Switch "dust extraction" is on
pvar "dust mine" is at most 1000
Actions:
Move all bullups owned by side1 in area "Bullups" to "dust1"
Wait ten seconds
Modify credits side1: add 100
Move all bullups owned by side1 in area "dust1" to "dust2"
Wait ten seconds
Move all bullups owned by side1 in area "dust2" to "dust3"
Wait ten seconds
modify pvar "dust mine" add 1
Preserve trigger

...It's not a perfect solution, but it works! Very Happy
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually that looks pretty perfect to me...

We should put this in some of our melee maps.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
x187
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: k Reply with quote

k if galaxite is so rare why not make it so that they will find there is some (not very much half or 1|4 the cost of galaxite)in the ground and have a unit or building to dig it up sumthing like mialxite or sum kind of by produckt of galaxite or just have some teleporter created wch is able to send gold from earth (like useing one shipment of gold as 400 galaxite and one shipment a 50 sec)
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: k Reply with quote

x187 wrote:
k if galaxite is so rare why not make it so that they will find there is some (not very much half or 1|4 the cost of galaxite)in the ground and have a unit or building to dig it up sumthing like mialxite or sum kind of by produckt of galaxite or just have some teleporter created wch is able to send gold from earth (like useing one shipment of gold as 400 galaxite and one shipment a 50 sec)

(pointing to my previous post in this topic) That's exactly what I'm describing here. These triggers define a scenario where there is galaxite dust in the ground, which the bullups excavate and process. Smile
x187
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool i thought u meant dust in the air (ps this aint dust its gold but ur idea is good 2 Razz) GREATORS BEWARE PUT IT IN THE GAME OR DOWNOADS WILL DECREASE
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had an idea... How about in a few locations in a special vicinity, we have a magical galaxite-producing rock. But if you mine it too fast, it disappears. Kind of like that goose that lays golden eggs, if you try to get more eggs faster, it dies.

And besides, these things are extremely rare, so all forces are always trying to get a hold of it, making the area a battlefield, which makes it bad for mining...

Just a thought.

UGMC
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you can build a mine that digs up galaxite that the bullpups take from there to the processor. The mine would never run out, but would be slower than conventional galaxite-goo sucking (ever noticed how the galaxite looks like blobs of jelly?)

OR, you could make, like four mines per map and have the players "capture it," where the player with the most units guarding it owns it. That would be a good theme for a multiplayer map!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: