Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Broadswords, who uses them alot?
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Broadswords, who uses them alot?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ackmondual
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Broadswords, who uses them alot? Reply with quote

I've noticed the only times i use them are when I'm being rushed early in a mission and either don't have the R&D upgrade to make higher tiered vehicles or too early in the game that those other units haven't been introduced yet. Looks like that they're great vs bldings, the same as Eagles vs vehicles, and TERRIBLE compared again to Eagles vs personnel.
Any1 actually use them for blding attks? I've always used Cyclops.
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have a bit of a soft spot for broadswords. They make great base busters. They have pretty heavy armor... at least, they last longer than hydras and rocket troopers. They seem to do more damage to infantry than hydras, and more damage to armor than liberators (albeit in either case, not much more). They're second only to the Cyclops when it comes to taking out buildings.

Send broadswords in at the spearhead of your attack. They'll absorb the initial fire, and will give your other units the time to mow down the bulk of the enemies' forces while taking a few out, themselves. Send them first through the gates of a base. Some, if not most, will survive the inital onslaught of all but the most heavily defended gates, wheeling their turrets around to do massive damage to the towers while the rest of your units catch up.

When I'm facing a force of mostly rocket troopers, and can't afford liberators, I'll fall back on broadswords and security guards. Broadswords draw the fire while the guards quickly take out the troopers.

It's true, I don't use broadswords in every game, but I do think they're quite possibly the most underrated unit in WI.
UGMC
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use broadswords all the time. They're the best for base assaults. Decent armor and firepower. Cheap too. Just get a lot and expect casualities. But once the army's in, enemies better beware.
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like broadswords when I know where the enemy base is, and its really close. They are the best for that... especially if they have no defense.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dws90
Very Active User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to mix a couple broadswords in with my Liberator and Hydra army. Mixes things up bit...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: