Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - New King Series COMPLETE
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

New King Series COMPLETE
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How is this campaign?
Good
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
Bad
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Too easy
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Too hard
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

UGMC
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:25 am    Post subject: New King Series COMPLETE Reply with quote

The last Free Radical king died when trying to leave Icarus. ACME forces slaughtered him and the rest of the Free Radicals on Icarus. Now, you are ready to take the challenges and earn the position of king.

History:
8-12-04: Created
8-13-04: Added level 2
8-18-04: Edited level 2
8-19-04: Added level 3
8-20-04: Added level 4 and 5, remade level 2 so it didn't crash

Let me know about the bugs!

New King v1.6.pdb
 Description:
The last FR king died when ACME destroyed the fleeing soldiers from Icarus. Prove your worth to the FR through several dangerous missions.

Download
 Filename:  New King v1.6.pdb
 Filesize:  22.82 KB
 Downloaded:  22732 Time(s)

Last edited by UGMC on Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:39 am; edited 6 times in total
Bodisia
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definately dig the concept, but i found the mission a little easy. Basically you just have to wear down the computers finances and then the computer is paralyzed, you just keep shooting and you will win. One thing that may make it harder is to spawn enemies once the money is gone.
BSlickOH
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am 100% opposed to spawning after the money runs out. If my money runs out, I'm screwed, it should be that way for my enemy, too.

I found this mission to be a little easy, too. Andy can't destroy anything when repair is turned on, so the only way to win this is to drain the money out.

One thought I had was to have the computer build more Bulpups. I'm not sure how this would make the strategy any different, though. You could just camp out where the Bulpups are mining, and keep destroying them. Eventually the enemy will run out of money either way. Now if there were two different mining zones on opposite sides of the base, that would make things difficult.
UGMC
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid I can only do more bullpups or else demolish a lot of the base. Anyway, I tried to model this mission after some of the ones in the Spiffcode campaign where you start out with an Andy. It is always my strategy to destroy the enemy base by wearing out the credits, then win. I don't think adding spawning units would make it fair. I'll have the computer start out with more bullpups, though, and maybe I'll make another liberator. I was going to turn repair off for easy mode, but my post in the mission authoring section is yet unanswered as to how. In harder modes, I'll add more units to the enemy.
BSlickOH
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's something wrong with your end game trigger in the 2nd mission. It goes from the intro text messages straight to the ending text messages, and you never get to play.
UGMC
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah you do. It'll say you won, but you won't actually have. Wait, maybe I have a newer version that I haven't released yet. Nevermind. I'll look into that.
UGMC
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I think it's safe to say this campaign is complete. Let me know what kind of enhancements I can make to the levels.
UGMC
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon! I'm starved of replies here! What do people think of the last four levels?
dws90
Very Active User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, new Free Radical mission... guess I should play it... *yawn*... maybe when I wake up...
hmm
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked it, although I couldn't beat the Sniper mission. Is there a strategy that works for that one?
crzybill
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: ZZZZZzzzzzz..... Reply with quote

Level 2 - takes FOREVER to get the computer wore down and that is boring... Could either be shorter, or less stuff to have to walk around and destroy. I finally walked around and shot everything down to just before the computer would work on it, then stood in one spot and just kept shooting at one building until the money ran out. My PDA powered down several times while I was waiting for "Andy" to drain the money down...
UGMC
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that level is particularly difficult. If you want my strategy, though...

Send Andy up the left or right side of the ravine. Go directly up by the ravine, getting it all in sight. Run up until you see the first infantry come by. Position Andy by the side of the ravine and he will shoot almost everyone who passes by. Those who live die later at the base's defense.

For vehicles, you may have to "chase" them down, running down near them, firing, and run down near them again. The goal isn't to destroy every single one--just weakening the waves enough for the base to defend against is enough.

If a liberator starts shooting at you, run out of range. Andy will heal, and will keep firing. The most important thing is to not let Andy get hurt too much and die.
crzybill
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Level 2 Reply with quote

I didn't need strategy, but another idea to try is always fun! What I was referring to was that it takes forever for level 2 to end since Andy has to destroy everything again. It's kind of predictable since levels 1 and 2 are so similar. How about some corporate raiders to take things over instead of destroying everything in sight? I know that happens in one of the next missions, but maybe only have 2 or 3 available in level 2...

Your other levels are good entertainment and I enjoyed them!
UGMC
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always make things too easy... I can't beat them myslef if they're too hard!
dlamet
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Good levels, but too easy Reply with quote

First off, kudos. The ideas are very creative, the story is interesting, and the level ideas are good.

1. Good intro level, but having to destroy a medium sized base with 1 commando is incredibly tedious.
2. More difficult is good, but larger base is even more tedious
3. Theif is spelled "Thief". The best level. More stuff to do. I was able to capture the entire base (plenty of raiders). I don't know if that was in line with your idea, but you could set a limit, goon squad that comes to get you after a fixed time or number of buildings captured.
4. Kinda challenging. Could last a little longer, maybe get a little more intense. You could sneak a few guys around the back door to spice it up.
5. Great idea. The armies were too easy to kill, though. Maybe add some waves. By the time I killed ACME, OMNI was already destroyed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: