WI Forum Novice
Joined: 27 Feb 2016
|Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:05 pm Post subject: ZweicorpTEST
|Zweicorp has ordered you to investigate the source of a mysterious signal. But beware; Tricorp also holds a strong interest in the signal, and they have no intention of letting you find out.
- v0.1.0 : The first attempt
- v0.1.1 : The update that should have done more
- v0.1.2 : The quick fix to release a playable map
- v0.1.3 : The turret fix
- v0.1.4 : The shrubbery
A preview is not provided to prevent spoilers of my poor excuse for a story.
- This is a pre-1.0 release of this map, therefore it remains neither (extensively) tested nor balanced.
- I don't want to make a big deal about how 'this is my first map and that you shouldn't criticize me' or some other BS like that. I am a big boy, and as such I do not require nor tolerate useless pandering.
- I would appreciate not only feedback on the map's gameplay, but also feedback on my work as viewed in the editor.
- Fixed canyon message bug.
- Fixed Elite Guard.
- SHRUBBERY! (As suggested by the Nights Who Say... wait, no. Actually, it was N104.)
- Fixed turrets not working.
- Fixed unintentional sight line from start location to enemy power facility.
|Zweicorp has ordered you to investigate a mysterious signal.
|| 6.53 KB
|| 146 Time(s)
Last edited by ThirdHelium on Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:30 pm; edited 9 times in total
Joined: 24 May 2012
|Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:07 pm Post subject:
It's great to see you're interested in mission authoring! I played through your map and also checked it out in the mission editor. Here's my feedback based on v0.1.0
- The story seems cool and decently thought through The cutscenes with the story information seem to come up at the appropriate times as well.
- Towers require sufficient power as well as a Surveillance Center. Both red and yellow do not have the latter. Hence, their towers don't work. So you need to give both colors a SC.
- I never ran into any of red's troops. In the mission editor, I see that you have unit groups for red and triggers to create those groups. For some reason it looks like the condition that triggers the creation of those unit groups never happens. My guess is it has something to do with your switch setup.
- The map is titled "UntitledLevel". To change this, go to the settings menu, select level, and then on the right side of the screen there will be a textfield where you can set the map's title.
- The roads, rivers, and cliff formations look nice! However, adding a few trees/bushes would add to the aesthetics.
Over all its pretty good for a first map. You seem to have a good grasp on areas, triggers, and switches Please let me know if you have any question.
Warfare Incorporated Development