Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Fake Accounts
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Fake Accounts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Multiplayer Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Fake Accounts Reply with quote

Is there an official rule about people making account names close to other players accounts to imposter them? I cannot find an official rule. Admins, you guys should really get all the rules (game rules, chatroom rules, pumping rules, forum rules etc) together and put them into one post.
Ive talked to people who have ‘fake accounted’ other users. Some say they don’t see a rule against it. Some have told me it doesn’t matter as long as they don’t claim to be the person who they ‘fake accounted’.
Can anyone tell me what classifies as a fake account? I’m sure we’d all agree if someone made an account called N1O4 or Nl04 that they fake accounted me. But how far does it have to be so its not a fake account? What about 401N, M103 etc?
Just curious what people think.

N@TE
Chief Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: Fake Accounts Reply with quote

This might be one of those "hidden" rules, mostly because it should be obvious that you shouldn't copy player accounts in the first place.
N104!!! wrote:
Some have told me it doesn’t matter as long as they don’t claim to be the person who they ‘fake accounted’.

This is more along the lines of the rule. I'd say if the account is causing confusion, it should go. This is most commonly done through impersonating the account copied. However, players don't have "copyright" to one part of their account, as to encourage freedom with usernames.

N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: Fake Accounts Reply with quote

N@TE wrote:
This might be one of those "hidden" rules, mostly because it should be obvious that you shouldn't copy player accounts in the first place.
Not obvious to some...

N@TE wrote:
N104 wrote:
Some have told me it doesn’t matter as long as they don’t claim to be the person who they ‘fake accounted’.

This is more along the lines of the rule. I'd say if the account is causing confusion, it should go. This is most commonly done through impersonating the account copied. However, players don't have "copyright" to one part of their account, as to encourage freedom with usernames.
Okay, thanks.
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Fake Accounts Reply with quote

N@TE wrote:
This might be one of those "hidden" rules, However, players don't have "copyright" to one part of their account, as to encourage freedom with usernames.

How is it a rule if it's hidden? Why should someone be punished if they don't know the rules? If theirs no copy right then it's fair game you do encourage freedom to have fun in this game right?

Edited part

I just remembered why I hated this I remebered when I was leader of viet pride and I ran it after what's that guys name and when I tried to shut it down the admin wouldn't let me shut it down. So when I forget about that again I'll be back

Edited
I'm leavening Sunday

being leader of viet pride.
Being the second highest poster on this forum.
Write many strategy.
Helping people and making people laugh.

Last edited by wonderer on Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Fake Accounts Reply with quote

wonderer wrote:
How is it a rule if it's hidden?
Haha I know right.

wonderer wrote:
Why should someone be punished if they don't know the rules? If theirs no copy right then it's fair game you do encourage freedom to have fun in this game right?
Out of respect for each other, I personally believe that fake accounts shouldn't be used if the person who is being fake accounted doesn't want it as so. Especially as it can cause confusion as to who is is who.

But from an objective point of view, I have to say that although its annoying and confusing, if theres nothing that says you shouldn't make fake accounts, players shouldn't be punished for it -- but if it becomes a problem a fake account should probably be disabled.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Multiplayer Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: