Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Alternative Ways to Login on iOS 7
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Alternative Ways to Login on iOS 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Multiplayer Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Alternative Ways to Login on iOS 7 Reply with quote

There are many players that cannot login due to iOS 7 and are patiently waiting for Scottlu to update Warfare Inc and make it possible to login. Well if you have a PC or a Mac, you can login with your iOS 7 device!

First let me explain how it works. There’s a file in Warfare Inc’s library folder called prefs.bin (WI’s library folder is a folder in your device’s file system which holds things like your map packs and saved games). The prefs.bin file is an encrypted file which allows Warfare Inc to ‘remember’ your settings. Remember that on pre iOS 7 iOSs, Warfare Inc would automatically log you in when you connected to the multiplayer sever if you didn’t sign out when you got off the server last time you were on it? The reason why it could automatically log you in is because Warfare Inc saved your username and password in the prefs.bin file. Every time you log on to the multiplayer server, Warfare Inc checks the prefs.bin file for a username and password. If it finds a username and password, it logs you in to that account if it doesn’t, you are taken to the login screen.

Now think a moment, if you had a prefs.bin file with your username and password encrypted into it, you could put that in Warfare Inc’s library folder on your iOS 7 device(s) and be able to play with your account! Unfortunately, the only way to get a prefs.bin file with your username and password encrypted into it is to login on the Warfare Inc server with your account (which will make Warfare Inc generat the prefs.bin file with your login information) then copy/move the generated prefs.bin file to Warfare Inc’s library folder on your iOS 7 device(s). So far I have two ways that you can do that. I will refer to them as Option 1 and Option 2. If you have a non iOS 7 device as well as an iOS 7 device, you may use Option 1 or Option 2. If you only have an iOS 7 device, you can only use Option 1. Both Options require a PC/Mac. You do NOT need a jailbroken device for either of the two Options.

Option 1
Requirements:
-PC or Mac
-An iOS file system explorer like iFunbox, DiskAid or iExplorer
-Willing to give you username and password to a mod/admin
-An iOS 7 device

How Option 1 Works
You will need to download an iOS file system explorer. Personally, my favorite is iFunBox because it’s free unlike DiskAid or iExplorer. Now you are going to need a prefs.bin file that has your username and password encrypted in it. If you have a non iOS 7 device you can use, skip to Option 2. If you don’t, you can PM me your username and password, and I will generate a prefs.bin file for you. If you want me to email you the prefs.bin file as an attachment, include an email in the PM. If no email is included, I will generate the prefs.bin file, upload it to a file hosting website ,and PM you the download link (if you have another way you’d like me to get you the file, we can discuss it via PM). Now remove Warfare Inc from your device’s multitasking, plug your iOS device into your computer, and open your iOS file system explorer program. Select your device and navigate to the User Applications tab (or folder). Find Warfare Incorporated (it might be called WI or Warfare Inc, depending on what program you use) and open. Next, open the library folder and delete the prefs.bin file that’s in it. Now, copy the prefs.bin file I created for you into the library folder. I suggest you keep a copy of the prefs.bin file somewhere just in case you accidently sign out some time. Now open up Warfare Inc and get on multiplayer and you should be logged in!

Option 2
Requirements:
-PC or Mac
-An iOS file system explorer like iFunbox, DiskAid or iExplorer
-A device running iOS 6.x.x or lower
-An iOS 7 device

How Option 2 Works
You will need to download an iOS file system explorer. Personally, my favorite is iFunBox because it’s free unlike DiskAid or iExplorer. Now you are going to need a prefs.bin file that has your username and password encrypted in it. Log in your account on Warfare Inc multiplayer with your iOS 6.x.x or lower device (you can now exit Warfare Inc on that device but don’t sign out when you leave). Remove Warfare Inc from your iOS7 device’s multitasking. Plug both devices into your computer, and open your iOS file system explorer program. Select your iOS 6.x. or lower device and navigate to the User Applications tab (or folder). Find Warfare Incorporated (it might be called WI or Warfare Inc, depending on what program you use) and open it. Open, the library folder and copy the prefs.bin file that’s in it to your desktop. Now, go back to the device list and select your iOS 7 device. Navigate to the User Applications tab (or folder) of your iOS 7 device. Locate Warfare Inc like you did on your iOS 6.x.x or lower device and go to Warfare Inc’s library folder. Delete the prefs.bin file that’s in it and then copy the prefs.bin file on your desktop into your iOS 7 device’s Warfare Inc’s library folder. Now open up Warfare Inc and get on multiplayer and you should be logged in!

I know this is confusing, so if you have any questions about this or need help, post here or PM me. If you need me to generate a prefs.bn file for you, PM me your login information. I want to make it clear that I will only use your username and password to login to your account (on a device running iOS 6 or lower) to generate a prefs.bin file for you. I will not keep a record of your password nor will I use it for anything other than to generate a prefs.bin file for you.

Last edited by N104 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow nice tutorial, I hope it helps!
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that the iOS 7 jailbreak is out, I suppose I'll have to write up a way to do this on iOS 7 with jailbreak (with a jailbroken device, theres a way to login without a pc or mac). I doubt there's many players who will jailbreak their devices, so I may not get to it for a little bit.
Heber Jeffrey
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Multiplayer login issue Reply with quote

Great tutorial but I'm having an issue. There is no app in App Store such as iFunBox anymore. So I can't complete this tutorial. Also I wondered if there is not a quicker way just to login without plugging my iOS device into my computer.
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iFunBox isn't an AppStore app. It's a program for a computer (Windows and Mac).

You only have to do the method once to 'program' WI to automatically log you in when you get on the multiplayer server. After that, you shouldn't need to do the method again (unless you sign out).

N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a site I made that does most of this process for you: http://warfareinc.net76.net/ios7login/generator/
See the site's documentation for more details.

In some cases the generator causes WI not to have sound. If you experience this or any other issues, please contact me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Multiplayer Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: