Joined: 24 May 2012
|Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:46 am Post subject: [app] iMessage on older iDevices
You can find the above quote on the Whited00r forums here.
|On the Whited00r forums, LilDollaTechZone wrote: |
This application requires a jailbroken device to install.
This may or may not send to iMessage users using iOS, I will test this
Screenshots are in the bottom of the page.
Here is a fully working iMessage application fully working with in-app texting & recieving texts back.
-Optimized for all devices
-Easy to use
-Bare Minimum Memory Consumer
-List of People your Texting
-Last Texted Date
-Abbility to look into contacts list
How to install:
1. Download this application here: http://www.mediafire.com/?qs9oqhx7ylpvtsr
2. Extract the file anywhere on your PC or Mac.
3. Get iFunbox, a SSH Program or the tool that works for you and connect your device to your PC or Mac.
4. Goto the directory /var/stash/Applications.(random gen. #) and copy the MobileSMS.app to this directory.
5. Then change the permissions of the applications to 775 for this application to work.
6. Open up Cydia and search for "GV SMS Extension" and install the plugin onto your device and respring your device.
7. Now open a tab in your internet browser and create a Google Voice account(really easy).
8. Then go into the settings application and scroll down until you find 'SMS GV Extension'.
9. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and then select 'Check License' "On" and then scroll back up and enter your account info you used to make your Google Voice
10. Now test your number by entering the application and texting somebody or either yourself.
My Support Email:
This isn't true iMessage on older devices, its basically a texting app with iMessage graphics. It works fine for me on my older device.
Warfare Incorporated Development