Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - FAQ
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

FAQ

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Warfare Incorporated FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dkrasnove
Very Active User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: FAQ Reply with quote

FAQ Index
General Information – This post
Game and Forum Questions
General Gameplay Questions
Single Player Gameplay Questions
Multiplayer Gameplay Questions
Multiplayer Server, Lobby, and Chatroom Questions
Gameplay Settings Questions
Leaderboard Questions
Add-on Mission Questions
Forum Questions
Game Login Error Questions
Forum Login Error Questions

General Information

Question:
What is Warfare Incorporated?
Answer:
Warfare Incorporated is an award-wining and critically-acclaimed mobile real-time strategy (RTS) game developed by Spiffcode Incorporated. Warfare Incorporated was originally released in 2003 for the Palm and PocketPC. Since then, Warfare Incorporated was made for iOS and is no longer available for Palm and PocketPC. Many players refer to Warfare Incorporated as Warfare Inc, WFI, or simply WI.

Question:
What is a real-time strategy game?
Answer:
RTS is a sub-genre of strategy video games which does not progress incrementally in turns. In an RTS, as in other wargames, the participants position and maneuver units and structures under their control to secure areas of the map and/or destroy their opponents' assets.

Question:
How does Warfare Incorporated compare to other mobile RTS games?
Answer:
Many Warfare Incorporated players and critics have praised its intuitive control scheme as the best on a mobile device. Additionally, no other mobile RTS game allows players to create their own missions to play in either single player or online multiplayer. Because of this, Warfare Incorporated currently has 4 out of 5 stars in the iOS App Store.

Question:
How do I get Warfare Incorporated and how much is it?
Answer:
Warfare Incorporated is available on the iOS App Store for FREE.

Question:
What devices support Warfare Incorporated?
Answer:
All Apple iOS devices running iOS 3.0 or higher support Warfare Incorporated. Warfare Incorporated is not available for any other devices at this time.

Question:
How do I install Warfare Incorporated onto my iPhone/iPod touch?
Answer:
1. Open the AppStore in iTunes and navigate to the Warfare Incorporated page.
2. Click Buy App, enter your iTunes account credentials, and Warfare Incorporated will download. It will automatically be added to your iTunes library.
3. Connect your iPhone/iPod touch to your Mac or PC and sync.

Question:
Where do I find out about Warfare Incorporated updates and future plans?
Answer:
The News Forum and the General Discussion Forum is where most announcements are made.

Question:
Who can I contact for help with Warefare Incorporated?
Answer:
You can email contact@spiffcode.com or send a private message to Scottlu, one of the two main programmers of Warfare Incorporated, by clicking here. You can also try private messaging (PMing) one of the adminstrators. Make sure the moderator or administrator does not have an "Emeritus" rank before PMing them by clicking on their profile.

This extensive FAQ is brought to you by a collaboration of players N104, dkrasnove, and N@te.
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Game and Forum Questions Reply with quote

Game and Forum Questions

Question:
Does this game and forums have moderators and administrators?
Answer:
Yes, click here to view list of the members on the Warfare Incorporated Administration Team. At this current time, Scottlu, N@TE, Trineroks, and Sub-Zero are the only forum administrators while the other members on the list are moderators of the chatroom and administrators of the game. Members with ‘Emeritus’ in their title are inactive but still have their moderator/administrator powers.

Question:
How do I register?
Answer:
You can register by clicking here. You will get instructions emailed to you on how to activate your account so please use a valid email to register or you account will be ‘inactive’. This means the game server and forums will not allow you to log in.

Question:
How do I activate my account?
Answer:
Email instructions will be sent to the email address that you registered you account with.

Question:
I didn’t receive an email with instructions on how to activate my account, what do I do?
Answer:
It may take several minutes for the email to arrive. Wait 15 minutes and check again. If you have not received an email from contact@spiffode.com within 15 minutes, check your spam box because some email providers will mark contact@spiffode.com as spam. If you don’t get an email after 15 minutes and you cannot find it in your spam box, please contact a forum administrator.

Question:
Can I use my game account to log into the forums or can I use my forum account to log into the game?
Answer:
Yes you can. Your forum and game account are synced together so you can use your same username and password to log into the forums. Modifying your forum account, such as changing its password and avatar, will also modify account on the game and leaderboard.

Question:
How do I set or change my forum and game leaderboard image?
Answer
You can do this by logging into the forum and going to your Profile and scrolling down to the Avatar Control Panel. To use an avatar from your machine, click the button to the right of the phrase "Upload Avatar from your machine:". Depending on your browser, the button text may vary, but you should see a button with something along the lines of "Browse" or "Choose file". Click that button and a window will pop up giving you the option to locate and select an image to use as your avatar. You may also upload an avatar using a URL. If you know the URL address of the image you want to use, type it or copy and paste it into the textbox next to the words "Upload Avatar from a URL". To use an avatar in the forum gallery, click "Show gallery", select a catagory, select an image by clicking the button underneath it, and click "Select avatar" at the bottom of the page. No which method you choose to select your avatar, please be sure to click "Submit" to save the changes. Please note your avatar must a maximum of 80x80 pixels and cannot be larger than 32KB.

Last edited by N104 on Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: General Gameplay Questions Reply with quote

General Gameplay Questions

Please note that there is also a help button on Warfare Incorporated’s main menu. That text holds some very helpful information.

Question:
How do I access the game menu while playing?
Answer:
The menu button is in the lower left. From this menu in single player, you can have the game show the mission objectives, change the game options, save your game, load a saved game, restart the current mission, and abort the current mission. From this menu in multiplayer, you can have the game show the mission objectives, resign, and chat. Note that in single player, the game is paused while you are in the game menu or viewing the mission objectives, but in multiplayer, the game continues while you are in the game menu or viewing mission objectives.

Question:
How do I move the screen or change my view?
Answer:
Tap and drag your finger across the screen. The screen will move as you drag. You can also change your view by dragging the white rectangle in the mini-map.

Question:
What is the mini-map?
Answer:
The mini-map is basically a very small form of the map. Small colored dots represent mobile units and larger dots represent buildings. The white rectangle in the mini-map is what your main view is currently viewing.

Question:
What is the credits indicator?
Answer:
The credits indicator shows you how many galaxite credits you currently have. Most people refer to it as money rather than galaxite credits. If you run out of credits you must have a G-4 Bullpup mine some and return to the Mining Station. If you run out of credits buildings being built and units being ordered will stop in mid process and will not continue until you have more credits. Tapping on the credits indicator will show the mission objectives.

Question:
What is the power indicator?
Answer:
When it is green your base has enough power. When it is yellow your base has enough power to continue running. When it is red your base does not have enough power and many processes will take longer (such as ordering units in your VTS/HRC) while other things will stop working altogether (such as Rocket Towers and Gatling Towers). These processes will return to normal when the base has sufficient power again which can be done by building another Power Generator. Power is rated in numbers; one Power Generator gives a power supply of 40.

Question:
Why can’t I build buildings very far apart?
Answer:
The power flow from the Power Generator(s) in your base can only flow so far underground from one building to another. Because most of the buildings require sufficient power to run properly, you cannot build buildings further than power can flow.
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Single Player Gameplay Questions Reply with quote

Single Player Gameplay Questions

Question:
How do I save my current game?
Answer:
While playing your game, tap the ‘Menu’ button and then tap the ‘Save Game’ button which is in the menu. The game allows you to save twelve missions. Select a ‘slot’ that you would like to save your mission in the press the ‘Save’ button. Empty slots are titled as ‘--Empty--‘. If you select a slot that already has a mission saved and you save your current mission in that slow, it will write over, or delete, the mission that was in that slot. When you exit the Warfare Incorporated app while a game is in progress, your mission will be autosaved and you will continue where you left off when you return to the app.

Question:
How do I load a saved game?
Answer:
You can load a saved game two ways. One way is to load it via the main menu while the other way is to load it while you have another game in progress.
Loading via Main Menu: Tap the ‘Load Saved Game’ button. You will be taken to a screen with the list of your saved games. Select the game you will to load and press the ‘Load’ button. Your mission will load up just how it was when you last saved it.
Loading via Game in Progress: Tap the ‘Menu’ button and then tap the ‘Load Saved Game’ button which will be in the menu. You will be taken to a screen with the list of your saved games. Select the game you will to load and press the ‘Load’ button. Your mission will load up just how it was when you last saved it. Note that if you load a mission while you are currently in a mission, you will lose all progress in your current mission unless you first save it.

Question:
How do I restart my current mission?
Answer:
Tap the ‘Menu’ button and then tap the ‘Restart Mission’ button. Be aware that your mission will be restarted without warning or confirmation.

Question:
How do I abort my current mission?
Answer:
Tap the ‘Menu’ button and then tap the ‘Abort Mission’ button. Be aware that your mission will be aborted without warning or confirmation. You will be returned to the main menu.
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Multiplayer Gameplay Questions Reply with quote

Multiplayer Gameplay Questions

Question:
How do I chat with the players the are in the game I am playing?
Answer:
Tap the ‘Menu’ button to bring up the game menu and then tap the ‘Chat’ button. You chat the same way you do in Room Chat. The ‘Players’ button will tell you what players are currently in the game and what color each player is playing as. Press the ‘Done’ button when you are done chatting to return to the game. Remember, while you are chatting the game continues.

Question:
What are the Mission Objectives?
Answer:
The mission objectives are text that the mission author has put in the map explaining to you what you must do to complete the mission. It is always a wise idea to read the mission objectives.

Question:
How do I resign?
Answer:
Tap the ‘Menu’ button and then tap the ‘Resign’ button which is in the menu. When asked if you want to resign, press ‘Yes’.

Question:
What is observer mode?
Answer:
When you resign from a game or you are defeated, the game will ask you if you wan to continue as an observer. That is called observer mode. When you are in observer mode, you can see the whole map but you cannot tap units to see their health or control units etc. The only thing you can do in observer mode is watch what is happening and chat.
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Multiplayer Server, Lobby, and Chatroom Questions Reply with quote

Multiplayer Server, Lobby, and Chatroom Questions

Question:
What is the Multiplayer Lobby?
Answer:
The multiplayer Lobby is a list of rooms. Players cannot chat with or view who is in the lobby. From the Multiplayer Lobby you can join a room, create a room, and sign out.

Question:
What is a lurker?
Answer:
In the multilayer lobby, the number next to the word ‘Lurkers’, which is in the upper right, shows the amount of players currently in the lobby. You cannot chat with lurkers or see who they are. To be able to see the lurker count you must be in the lobby and if you are in the lobby, you count as a lurker. Thus, if the lurker count is 1, you are the 1 lurker.

Question:
What is a room?
Answer:
A room is where games are played and players can chat. Rooms are listed in the lobby.

Question:
How do I join a room?
Answer:
Select the room you want to join and tap ‘Join Room’ to join it. You will be prompted for a password if it is a private room.

Question:
How do I create a room?
Answer:
Only registered players can create rooms. Tap the ‘Create Room’ button in the lobby and enter your desired name. Please do not give your room an offensive title. To add a password to your room tap the ‘Private’ button and type your desired password. When everything is filled out correctly tap the ‘OK’ button.

Question:
How can I chat with the players in the room I am in?
Answer:
Tap the ‘Chat’ button. After opening chat, the blue ‘Players’ button in the upper right will list the players currently in the room. The blue ‘Done’ button in the upper left will close the chat. Type the text you want to send to the chatroom and press the ‘Send’ button. Remember, anyone in the room can see what you chat. While chatting, please be mindful of the chatroom rules.

Question:
What are the chatroom rules?
Answer:
No swearing, name calling, sexism, racism, offensive language, or offensive symbolism allowed. No spamming allowed.

Question:
What are the chat commands?
Answer:
/mute, /unmute, /kick, /flag, /help, /anon, /swap

Question:
What does the /mute and /unmute command do?
Answer:
Typing /mute and sending it will make it so you cannot chat as well as making it so you cannot see what other players chat. Typing /unmute will allow you to chat again and see other player’s chats after you have muted youself by typing the /mute command.

Question:
What does the /kick command do?
Answer:
When typing /kick the server will reply with ‘Ouch that hurts’ which is only visible the issuer of the command. This command really has no purpose. It’s just something the creators of the game added as a joke.

Question:
What does the /help command do?
Answer:
It displays all the commands you can currently issue.

Question:
What does the /anon command do?
Answer:
If you host a game as a registered player, you can issue this command. Using this command prevents all anonymous players from joining your game and kicks any anonymous players out of the game that are currently in it. This command can only be issued while ‘Waiting For Players’ but cannot be issued in a game that is in progress.

Question:
What does the /swap command do?
Answer:
This command allows the player hosting a game, registered or anonymous, to swap the colors of two players. B = blue, R = red, Y = yellow, and C = cyan. Type the first letter of the two colors you want to swap. For example, to swap blue and red, type ‘/swap b r’ without quotes. This command can only be issued while ‘Waiting For Players’ but cannot be issued in a game that is in progress.

Question:
How do I join a game?
Answer:
Tap on the game you wish to join and tap the ‘Join Game’ button that will appear in the lower left. You cannot join a game in progress.

Question:
What does ‘(play)’ at the beginning of a game title mean?
Answer:
Games in progress will have ‘(play)’ at the beginning of their title.

Question:
How do I host a game?
Answer:
Tap the ‘Create Game’ button. Select the map you would like to host. There are 21 challenge missions made by Spiffcode Incorporated that come preinstalled. You can also host downloaded maps created by various Warfare Incorporated called Add-On. You can switch between your add on maps and the challenge maps by taping ‘Challenge’ and ‘Add-On’. After you have selected the map you want to play tap ‘Create Game’. After all the players required to join have joined and have ‘Readied Up’, you may press the ‘Begin Game’ button.

Question:
What is the ready button and why does everyone tell me to press it?
Answer:
The player hosting a game cannot start the game until all players are ready. The other players and the player hosting want you to ‘ready up’ so the game can begin. Press ‘Ready’ as soon as you’re ready to play. After you have pressed ‘Ready’, you cannot ‘Unready’.

Question:
Can I chat with people in the room when I am on the ‘Create Multiplayer Game’ screen?
Answer:
Yes. You chat with them the same way as when you are on the ‘Game Room’ screen.

Question:
Can I chat with people in the room while I am in a game?
Answer:
No. You can only chat with the people in your game (whether or not it is in progress).

Last edited by N104 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Gameplay Settings Questions Reply with quote

Gameplay Settings Questions

Question:
What is Game Speed?
Answer:
The default game speed is 1.0x. The faster you make the speed the quicker the game goes. Changing the speed the modifies the game’s simulation time. On single player the max game speed is 8.0x and on multiplayer the max game speed is 2.0x. Most maps are made for 2.0x speed so changing the speed can affect the maps. On multiplayer most players do not want to play a game that is less than 2.0x speed so when hosting a game on multiplayer you will get more players if you host it on 2.0x speed.

Question:
How do I change my Game Speed for single player?
Answer:
Go to the Warfare Incorporated main menu. Tap ‘Options’. Slide the slider under the words ‘Game Speed’ to modify the Game Speed. Tap ‘OK’ to save your changes.

Question:
How do I change my game speed for multiplayer?
Answer:
The speed a multiplayer game is played is chosen by the player hosting the game. If you are hosting a game you can chose your desired game speed on the ‘Create Multiplayer Game’ screen. You can do this by sliding the slider under the words ‘Game Speed’ to your desired speed.

Question:
What is Scroll Speed?
Answer:
Scroll Speed is the speed your view changes as you swipe your finger. 1.0x Scroll Speed is the normal setting. If you use 1.0x Scroll Speed, the view changes with your finger; for every inch you move your finger the view moves an inch. The higher the Scroll Speed the further your current view moves for swiping your finger one inch in one direction.

Question:
How do I change my Scroll Speed?
Answer:
Since your Scroll Speed only affects you, you can choose the same Scroll Speed for single player and multiplayer. To change your Scroll Speed, go to the Warfare Incorporated main menu. Tap ‘Options’. Slide the slider under the words ‘Scroll Speed’ to modify the Scroll Speed. Tap ‘OK’ to save your changes. The change will take effect for both singleplayer and multiplayer.

Question:
What are the difficulty settings?
Answer:
For the story missions, there’s an easy mode, medium mode, and hard mode. To set it to the mode you want, go into settings and tap the box next to the word that is the level of difficulty you want.
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Leaderboard Questions Reply with quote

Leaderboard Questions

Question:
What is the Leaderboard?
Answer:
The leaderboard honors skilled player. Players gain points for winning games and lose points for losing games. You start with 1500 points when you register, Your rank on the leaderboard is determined by your points or sometimes called your rating. The leaderboard also keeps track of stats and games so you can view your game list.

Question:
How do I get to the leaderboard?
Answer:You can get to the leaderboard by going to the main menu in Warfare Incorporated and taping ‘Leaderboard’ or you view the leaderboard by clicking here.

Question:
Will I get points for winning a game that was against an anon?
Answer:
No. Anons do not have points which can be gained and lost. Winning a game against an anon will not gain you points but losing a game against an anon will not lose you points.

Last edited by N104 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Add-on Mission Questions Reply with quote

Add-on Mission Questions

Question:
What are Add-on missions?
Answer:
Add-on missions are downloadable maps that are made by Warfare Incorporated Mission Authors. There are several hundred add-on mission packs you can chose from for both single player and multiplayer.

Question:
How do I download Add-on missions?
Answer:
Tap the button on the Warfare Incorporated main menu labeled ‘Add-on Mission Packs’. From there you will be taken to another menu where you can choose if you want to download single player maps or multiplayer maps. After selecting whether you want single player or multiplayer maps, you will be taken to a list of map packs. Be patient, depending on your internet connection speed loading the list of add-on missions may take time. When you find the mission pack you would like to download, select it by tapping its name and press the ‘Download’ button in the lower left on the screen. Once the mission pack has finished downloading you may play it.

Question:
Can I make Add-on missions for myself and others?
Answer:
Yes you can. It’s called Map Making or Mission Authoring. You will need a computer running a Windows operating system with .NET Framework 1.1 installed. You will need to download the Mission Editor on your computer to construct maps. You can find all the information you need to make a map on the Mission Authoring forum and please feel free to post questions there as well.

Last edited by N104 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Forum Questions Reply with quote

Forum Questions

Question:
How do I post a photo to the forums or put one in a PM?
Answer:
You need to upload the image to an image hosting website and wrap the URL to the image with [IMG] tags. Once you have the URL to the image, you will wrap it with [IMG] tags. For example,
Code:
[img]http://www.warfareincorporated.com/images/wf_logo.gif[/img]
will result in the WI logo at the top of the forum. Please note the URL must end in an image format (.png, .jpg, .gif, etc).

Question:
What are categories and forums?
Answer:
Categories have forums in them. Forums have topics in them. Topics have posts in them. For example: General Discussions is a category. The Warfare Incorporated FAQ is a forum inside the category General Discussions. This post, is part of the topic you are reading. The topic you are reading is in the Warfare Incorporated FAQ forum which is in the General Discussions category.

Question:
What is the General Discussions category?
Answer:
The General Discussions category is the place to find and start discussions about Warfare Incorporated in general.

Question:
What is the Mission Relations category?
Answer:
The Mission Relations category is the place for mission discussions. The Mission Sharing forum is in the Mission Relations category and it is the best forum to post your own map packs and it’s also a good place to reply to missions that have been posted and leave feedback on them.

Question:
What is the Map Groups category?
Answer:
The Map Group category is mostly for mission authors. It’s a place where map makers can have their own group and discuss mapping techniques as well as give each other mapping help.

Question:
What is the Clubs category?
Answer:
The Clubs category is a place for groups of people to break off in their own groups and discuss things. Some clubs may be just for discussing a topic not related to Warfare Incorporated while other clubs may require membership. The Clubs category is very broad because a variety of clubs is welcome. If you are interested in starting a club, please see the Official Club Signup page.

Question:
What is the Clans category?
Answer:
The Clans category is for clans to have their own forum page. On a clan’s page its members can have discussions related to the clan and the clan can have a member list post so anyone can see its members. Clans having their own clan forum age allows easy signup to players who want to join a clan. Clans are groups of competitive players who are competing against each other. Like the leaderboard for players, there is a Clan Leaderboard which clans try to fight for the #1 spot. If you are interested in starting a clan, please see the Official Clanboard Signup page.

Question:
What is the Mission Discussions category?
Answer:
The Mission Discussion category is the place to discuss the Story missions and the Challenge missions. There is a forum for each story mission from M1-14, a forum for each Challenge mission from C1-C5, and a forum for D3.

Question:
What should I do if I have a question that isn't listed here. ?
Answer:
If your question is forum-related, please be sure to look through the phpBB FAQ. If your question still is not answered or if you have a question unrelated to the forum that isn't listed, please contact N104 by clicking the PM button below.

Last edited by N104 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Game Login Error Questions Reply with quote

Game Login Error Questions

Question:
What do I do when I get an error while logging into the game that says, ‘The player authentication server is not responding. Please try to log in as an anonymous player.’?
Answer:
The server is not authorizing you to log in because your device does not have the correct date and time. Go to your device’s settings and set the correct date and time (use your own time zone, you do not need to ser it to the server’s time zone) and try logging in again. If the problem persists, please contact an administrator.

Question:
What do I do when I get an error while logging into the game that says, ‘The Internet connection appears to be offline.’?
Answer:
This is caused because your device does not have an internet connection. Your WiFi or cellular signal is probably turned off. Connect to an internet connection and try logging in again. If the problem persists, please contact an administrator.

Question:
What do I do when I get an error while logging into the game that says, ‘An unknown error has occurred while logging in. Please try again.’?
Answer:
This can be caused by different things. Please contact an administrator for assistance.

Question:
What do I do when I get an error while logging into the game that says, ‘Invalid Response From Service’?
Answer:
This is caused when your device is connected to a WiFi signal that is not giving an internet connection or is a guest signal which although it is unlocked, requires you to go into Safari (or another internet browser) and enter the guest password. Try switching WiFi networks or if your on a guest signal enter the password. If doing that does not fix the issue or your problem is something different, please contact an administrator.

Question:
What do I do when I get an error while logging into the game that says, ‘Your login attempt failed. Please check your username and password, or log in anonymously’?
Answer:
The main cause of this is error is probably because your username or password is incorrect. Try retyping them. Please remember that although, when logging in, your username is not case sensitive, your password is case sensitive. You may also be receiving this error if you just created your account and you have not activated it. Email activation is required before a user can use their account so if you have not activated your account, please check the email which you registered you account with for instructions on activating your account. If the problem persists, please contact an administrator.

Question:
What do I do when I get an error while logging into the game that says, ‘The request timed out.’?
Answer:
When your device tries to connect to the server it only has so many seconds to do it. If it cannot connect to the server within the allotted amount of time you will receive this error. First, press the okay button and then press the ‘Refresh’ button to try again. If you get a list of server(s) after refreshing, then just tap the one you want to join and tap ‘Connect’. If you get the error again it is probably because your connection to the internet is not fast enough to log into the Warfare Incorporated multiplayer server. If your WiFi is slow you could try a different WiFi network. If your internet connection is fine, contact an administrator.

Question:
What do I do when I get an error while logging into the game that says, ‘Server returned error 500’?
Answer:
This can be caused by the same reason as the 'Invalid Response From Service' error. The most common cause of the ‘Server returned error 500’ message is server issues in which case you will have to wait until an administrator can fix the issue.

Question:
What do I do when I get an error while logging into the game that says, ‘Server returned error 503’?
Answer:
This error occurs when the server is down for maintenance. Please be patient while the server is being worked on.

Question:
What do I do when I get an error while logging into the game that says, ‘A server with the specified hostname could not be found’?
Answer:
This error is caused when the service hosters that host warfareincorporated.com are having issues.

Last edited by N104 on Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Forum Login Error Questions Reply with quote

Forum Login Error Questions

Question:
What do I do when I get an error while logging into the forum that says, ‘You have specified an incorrect or inactive username, or an invalid password.’?
Answer:
The main cause of this is error is probably because your username or password is incorrect. Try retyping them. Please remember that although, when logging in, your username is not case sensitive, your password is case sensitive. You may also be receiving this error if you just created your account and you have not activated it. Email activation is required before a user can use their account so if you have not activated your account, please check the email which you registered you account with for instructions on activating your account. If the problem persists, please contact an administrator.

Question:
What do I do when I get an error while logging into the forum that says, ‘The maximum number of [number] login attempts has been exceeded. You are not allowed to login for the next [number] minutes.’?
Answer:
This is because you have tried to login too many times and have gotten your password increment. The server thinks you are trying to hack something thus it disables you from logging in even if you type your correct username and password. Wait for the given amount of time and try logging in again. If you didn’t enter your username and password incorrectly several times and you are getting this error or you waited the time you must wait and you still cannot log in after entering your login information correctly, please contact an administrator.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Warfare Incorporated FAQ All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: