Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Mission Editor for the iDevice
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Mission Editor for the iDevice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Despite the Cons, should we have a map maker for the iDevice?
Yes
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
No
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Mission Editor for the iDevice Reply with quote

Okay. I know this topic has been brought up a lot. I have heard many arguments against it. I have many arguments myself. It would be 3x more harder to make a map on the iDevice than on the PC. Although there are many arguments, I think we should have one. There have been a good number of players who have come to me and ask how to make a map but cannot make a map because they only have access to an iDevice and not a PC. I believe we would have a lot more maps being made if it was possible to make them on the iDevice. Also, more maps may increase some game activity.
A mission maker for the iDevice could be done by having it's own iDevice app or being added to WI's app.
Since non jailbroken iDevices can't upload files (other than images and moves) to the internet, the iDevice mission editor would have to be made to players can upload missions directly to the server rather than posting them to the forums than having the server sync to the forums every so often.

Vote and reply!

sidekick
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My PC wont allow me to make a map so a way to make maps on an iDevixe would be amazing
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sidekick wrote:
My PC wont allow me to make a map so a way to make maps on an iDevixe would be amazing
I don't see why it doesn't let you make them. What version of .NET Framework do you have installed?
(we should talk about this via PM).

N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an image I've made. If people want to see more of my idea I'll make more images.
Because the iDevice (except iPad) is so small, users would need to be able to remove all menus and buttons. There will be a button (I didn't put it in this pic) that will hide the menu on the left, the buttons on the bottom, the bar on the top, and the settings on the right (the settings on the right aren't in the pic). Being able to hide those things would give more room for moving objects around their map.
Users could also modify the size of the menu's and bars as well as well as the horizonal bar in the middle of the left menu; you can do those things in the PC editor.

EDIT: Sorry the image isn't to scale. If I make more Ill try to put them to scale.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: