Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Private Clan Forum Boards
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Private Clan Forum Boards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you like to see private clan boards?
Yes (I am/was a clan leader/moderator)
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Yes (I am a clan member)
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Yes (I am not in a clan)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No (I am/was a clan leader/moderator)
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
No (I am a clan member)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No (I am not in a clan)
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Private Clan Forum Boards Reply with quote

I was thinking clans should have their own private topic so the clan members can make clan posts to each other without the rest of WI seeing. The problem is, the clan moderators cannot pick who can and cannot view the topic. A forum admin could (on newer forums, this may be too old) but with clans gaining and losing members it would be a pain for the forum admins to have to update it.

So I thought of something else. Each clan gets it's own clan board. What if each clan got another clan board but it would only be viewable by clan members? The way this would work is each clan would get a usergroup (it could be hidden form the usergroup list so as not to trash up the list). The moderator of each clan would be the moderator of the clan's usergroup. A forum admin could configure it in the ACP the only members in a clan's usergroup can view the clan's private forum. With usergroups, clan leaders/moderators can pick what members are in the clan's usergroup thus picking what members can view the clan's private forum without a forum admin taking time to do it.
Posts made in a clan's private forum shouldnt count for a user's post amount because players may spam in their clan's private page to boost their post count (and forum rank).

Private clan boards would be nice because clans could talk about strategies for maps, clan meetings, potential members, and just about anything down to a casual chat that they want to keep within the clan rather than the general public. Of course, we’ll still keep the public clan boards.

I know polls aren’t accurate, I make them sometimes just to see in general what people think.

LawrenceA
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think having the option would be awesome. However, having posts visible to all is likely to boost forum activity from all users - as opposed to just those within clans.
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LawrenceA wrote:
I think having the option would be awesome. However, having posts visible to all is likely to boost forum activity from all users - as opposed to just those within clans.
Yeah I agree law, but Im a clan leader, and right now the only way to send my members something without the public seeing is via pm (which is a pain when you have a lot of member -- i dont have as many now though) and even then the members can't see what other members say. Clans could still by default post on their main clan board.
I personally want a place where my clan and I can chitchat without everyone else seeing and so i can send them 'members only news' and they can discuss it a lot easier than via pm.

slimjimninja
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why you all meet ingame and make a private room to talk in.
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slimjimninja wrote:
That's why you all meet ingame and make a private room to talk in.
Theres disadvantages to that:
Anything said isnt on record (atleast for players)
It's almost impossible to find a time everyone can get on at the same time
Hard to quickly make a clan announcement
People tell the password

I can list more.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: