Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - New Chat Room Mod
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

New Chat Room Mod

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aaronpg97a
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: New Chat Room Mod Reply with quote

Would it be possible for a new moderator to be assigned because many of the past mods have become inactive. I noticed the decline of players being active had come after the inactivity of many mods on multiplayer. I also became inactive right after most of the moderators/admins became inactive. Inactivity has become contagious in W.I. that began with the people who were in power and then trickled down to those of us who play for the fun and competitive perspective of the game. I dont expect anyone to read this other than those who are active and i dont expect a response from a mod or admin because i doubt any have much time to take care of forums. Im hoping Scott could read this and make a exception to adding a new mod and maybe the growth of the game will increase as more mods and admins become more active.

_Anonymous_

N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I think the Main room chat has been a little more out of hand since the mods/admins have been less active.
LawrenceA
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There does seem to be a decent amount of activity on the server lately. What I'd like to see is for this traffic to increase consistently over the year.

Without speaking for other mods or admins, my inactivity has come as my enjoyment of WI has faded. If this is true for other moderators, then what's needed is for these moderators to become active again or appoint new moderators.

This is all not addressing the main issue for WI though: neither the community nor the average player count is growing. If anything they're decreasing.

If we want this game to be popular again we need to find ways to get more people to play. Some highly popular ideas are to port WI to Android or to make the game open source. Ultimately the decision for the future of WI is the responsibility of Scott.

Scott, if you're reading this, please make WI open source if your enjoyment for coding WI has faded - just like my enjoyment for playing WI has.

Colt
Chatroom Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Law on this one. I login once every week or two, see a room of 5 anons, and leave. We're still around, but we don't sit in the game because there isn't really a sense of "community" anymore.

Our job as moderators and administrators is to make sure everyone's enjoyment of the game isn't hindered by other players. That isn't really difficult when there aren't many players at all now.

Granted, as Law stated, making Wi open source would open up an Android port and bring new life to the game. But unless the number of people increases, the number of moderators doesn't need to. I can at least speak for myself when I say I'm not inactive, but I don't sit in the chat room because there is nobody there.

If you have a general time that you think needs moderated, I can try to login accordingly. I simply haven't noticed any activity when I've been online.

-•- Former #1 Ranked Player
-•- Colt/Redscorpion
doom
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im just a massive 'twat' to whoever i see in the chatrooms.
but i reckon i am probably the most active 'older' player, but the new community are just, well... Bad. not as fun, not as talkative, not as awesome, the game dosent need a new chat mod, theres very little disturbance in the chat anyway, i cause most of it, if you want a difference, let them do there thing, the censor stops most hate because new people dont know how to avoid it.
doom, causing all your WI troubles.

Warfare Incorporated Veteran, Most well known player.
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doom wrote:
Im just a massive 'twat' to whoever i see in the chatrooms.
but i reckon i am probably the most active 'older' player,
How (older or not) can you even call yourself an active player? I see you in the game once every four months.

doom wrote:
but the new community are just, well... Bad. not as fun, not as talkative, not as awesome,
I disagree with that. Overall the current players arnt very bad. Also, people still chat a lot (except rude people who only want to play play play).

doom wrote:
the game dosent need a new chat mod, theres very little disturbance in the chat anyway,
I somewhat agree with you there, but only somewhat. Theres been many times I've been on and it would have made things a lot easier if there was a mod on.

doom wrote:
the censor stops most hate because new people dont know how to avoid it.
I do not agree at all with you there. Just about everyone knows how to avoid the censor and they do. Most of the time the censor is more annoying than good because while your chatting it will randomly put stars on common words like "it's" and "hi". Hang out in WI on a friday night or saturday night and you'll know people know how to avoid it.
Mithoz
Forum Conqueror

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to google what open source was but looks like a great idea! A game for the people made by the people! Smile

Making it available for android is just as important. It automatically increases your potential player base by more than double. But in not sure if its possible or not =\

The van javas: berly, val, mole, brian, mat, wish, rully, kou, ducati, blake, warkilla, kempa, dealer, morph.
doom
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have just been on, i get on everyday, im a euro, american time zones can feck off.
shush n, stop trying to be the 'saviour'.

N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doom wrote:
i have just been on, i get on everyday, I'm a euro,
I'm on when it's afternoon, evening, and night in your time and I never see you on. Can I guess from that you only get on in the mornings (your time) or you play as anon?
doom wrote:
I'm not trying to be the 'saviour', I'm only questioning you because I do not agree with everything you state.

Sorry I'm kinda getting off topic guys.
Doom, this forum has a private messaging system...

doom
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pha, you arn't on in any of my times ahaha.
stop it N, this games no enjoyable anymore, you'll soon see newbie.

have fun trying to be the best!
goml.

aaronpg97a
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doom wrote:
pha, you arn't on in any of my times ahaha.
stop it N, this games no enjoyable anymore, you'll soon see newbie.

have fun trying to be the best!
goml.

Lol XD goml. Doom you hardly play the game besides if anyone would " get on your level " they should spare themselves the embarrassment and log on as a anon.

Besides that point. Enjoyable. Hmmmmm I wonder why it's not enjoyable anymore. Maybe because there's no mods or admins for you to curse at or maybe because you quit the game because you weren't good enough or possibly because you had no interest anymore. Idk which it might be but criticizing a game that you probably loved when you first started is kinda pathetic and annoying.

And just out of curiosity. You told N to get on your level but before you said have fun trying to be the best. Humph. Sounds as if you "once" were the best. Just curious in the way you worded your statement. I might be over looking things.

aaronpg97a
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doom wrote:
i have just been on, i get on everyday, im a euro, american time zones can feck off.

I don't think anyone cares much if you are a "euro" or not. Just time zones specifically. I don't get what you mean by "American time zones can feck off " sounds like a childish comment.

Shush N, stop trying to be the savior
------------------------------------------
Okay this comment makes me wonder if you want Warfare Incorporated to fail and become a "dead app". The reason I say this is because the only thing that seems logical with the "savior" statement towards N is a negative comment on the games overall activity.

doom
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a dead app.

i get on when i can, how can you talk about being active?
and i dislike the fact that this game is based around americans, as they took out the euro severs back in 2010(maybe), and i know it must of cost moneys to keep that open, and scott dosent make much, if any off WI anymore. tbf, if this game ever closes, its probably because the server cost, that probably a few of us wouldent mind helping paying for via a 'premium' account, say that gives you the option to change text and name colour on chat, or have a custom set of unit 'skins', and play on new terrians made by the people.

that was a massive rant on stuff.

sam
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone's probably thinking to them selfs " holy **** a position for mod, OMG imma try and get it"

I can see your minds,kids..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: