Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Why can I not gain points?
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Why can I not gain points?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Multiplayer Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STUDmuffin
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Why can I not gain points? Reply with quote

Scott,

I know u have answered this question before but under the current circumstances, need to have you explain why it is that I can not gain a single point after having won multiple matches again 3 registered players at various times.

It is extremely unfair that l can't even get 1 point while my opponents lose more than 1 point. At the same time, if I lose I lose points. It's very disheartening to play and not be rewarded for your efforts.

What is the point of trying to maintain ones position on the leaderboards when one knows that ones effort is in vain. I use to play more on my Studmuffin account but since I won't even receive any points I only play with that account once a week so I don't lose 20 points from inactivity.

I ask you to please fix this problem. Many players have left the game because of this. Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,
STUDmuffin
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A problem is that your playing low accounts maybe swapping the people with higher ratings so you can take theirs Points (stop playing low rating accounts)
being leader of viet pride.
Being the second highest poster on this forum.
Write many strategy.
Helping people and making people laugh.
aaronpg97a
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonderer wrote:
A problem is that your playing low accounts maybe swapping the people with higher ratings so you can take theirs Points (stop playing low rating accounts)

Stop playing 3v1 maps against players that are low . If you do a 1-1 with somoe in top 25 u should get a couple points and which players have left do to that problem?

STUDmuffin
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nate,

Please lock this discussion. This is addressed to Scott. I don't care to hear from the peanut gallery.

Btw, I don't switch/swap account players when I'm playing. Others might do it but I don't swap/switch account players. And furthermore, I will play whatever map I want. Just look at the leaderboard 4 who has left and this has been expressed by many already so I'm not gonna get into.

The point was why I can't gain 1 point when I win and why my opponents (acct players) still lose points.

That is all.

STUDmuffin
aaronpg97a
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just Trying to help but here's a example of why I'm talking about

http://game.warfareincorporated.com/stats/gamedetail?g=k32-4f75d016-0001f526&p=DIMENTI0

scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to win against players that are rated close to you, or greater than you, to get points.
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you want to hear what we have to say if you wanted to talk with scottlu only you could always messages him or message and admin or mod cause I'm sure everyone who has reached the number one spot has complained about their rating not changing after playing low ranked players. Your the peanut for not searching for your answer it's been posted many many times.

Maybe a topic should be locked and made as stick so every time a high ranked player complain their not getting points we can just give them a link?

Write many strategy.
sam
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonderer wrote:
Why don't you want to hear what we have to say if you wanted to talk with scottlu only you could always messages him or message and admin or mod cause I'm sure everyone who has reached the number one spot has complained about their rating not changing after playing low ranked players. Your the peanut for not searching for your answer it's been posted many many times.

Maybe a topic should be locked and made as stick so every time a high ranked player complain their not getting points we can just give them a link?

That's a good idea N@TE should make this topic a sticky so players can understand why they don't earn points against lower ranked players

wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic has a crappy tittle it should be more like "read before you speak"
Write many strategy.
Da Dealer
Chat Mod Emeritus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that you've ranked up to this point, your maps that you use vsing lowwwww people and only beating 1 person at a time, it's gonna start to be impossible, even at 2230 in a 1v1 vs a 1500 you will gain pts
Former #1 player
Chat mod
Started in 09'
N@TE
Chief Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Topic stickied, renamed Reply with quote

Upon request, this topic has been stickied and renamed from "Scott Lu please answer why" to "Why can I not gain points?"

To clearly answer your question, as Scott and many others have said, it's because you're playing maps where the points must be split amongst three people (3 vs. 1), and you are one of the three people. At first, I didn't have an answer for you because I mistakingly thought that you were the one in these 3 vs. 1 matches. Then I recalled that you are one of the three, and it all made sense.

Think about it. If a player with 1500 points loses and has to spread their points amongst three people, you know from the start that each person isn't going to gain much (but the winner is going to lose a lot). Now, let's say that two of those three winners have a rating a little below 1500 rating, but the third has a rating over 2000. Because the player with a rating of over 2000 has a very likely chance of winning, they're not going to gain many points. However, the two players slightly below 1500 will gain many points because they had less of a probability of winning, at least according to the points.

Now, let's put this in reverse and say the one in the 1 vs. 3 wins. All of the ratings are the same: the one has around 1500 points (perhaps a little above); two out of the three losers are a little below 1500, and the third loser is above 2000. Because it's a 3 vs. 1, now the three people have to split the earnings for the winner. Even though two out of the three losers are slightly below 1500, the player with a rating over 2000 completely overshadows that. Thus, overall, the one in the 3 vs. 1 was unlikely to win, not just because it was a 3 vs. 1, but also because a player that has a rating over 500 points more than the winner lost. Therefore, who is going to lose the most points? The player with over 2000 points! That player (over-2000-points dude) was supposed to be the deciding factor, but wasn't!

I hope that helps answer your question. I think this is about the most times I've ever used bold in one post. Laughing

KissFromARose
Very Active User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Stud, I think no answer is right for you (and for me too Laughing ). Because I had post a lot request about the rule of point, but no help.

I only can tell you that rule of point is the most stupid in this game.

Done, dude.
sidekick
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first off why would you want to play people at 1500? You should play people around your rating so if you lose you lose less points, and if you win you gain more points than what you get for playing against players 500 points below you. Of course your chances of winning will be lower but your rating will go up higher than what you will lose. Also if you only play players at 1500 and you can't beat players at 2000 then you shouldn't be at the top25.
aerykhorita01
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it could be the battle took.less than 3 mins
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Multiplayer Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: