Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - [MN] Final Battle Version 1.1 updated
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

[MN] Final Battle Version 1.1 updated

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guitarist809
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: [MN] Final Battle Version 1.1 updated Reply with quote

I decided that my other Final Battle V1.6 wasn't good enough to be a level. I basically re-did it and changed many things listed below:

1. Re-did OMNI base
  2. Re-did triggers
  3. Re-did gaxalite
  4. Re-did unit groups
  5. Changed the name
  6. Changed to objectives
  7. Added the formal objective things
  8. Much more!

Description:

• MN: Final Battle - OMNI is sick and tired of being defeated. They pose a huge threat to ACME. This will be one of thier biggest battles. Can you survive?

Author:

• guitarist809

Updates:

• [MN]v1.0_Final_Battle - fist verison - no changes.
  • [MN]v1.1_Final_Battle - Fixed a bug, Added more units, many of the things PhillipEarl said, added a patrol around the base, added just a bit more gaxalite, changed some of the terrain.

Please leave feedback!!

[MN]v1.1_Final_Battle.pdb
 Description:
OMNI poses a HUGE threat! This will be one of thier last battles. Has a challenge to it. Have fun! Newly updated!

Download
 Filename:  [MN]v1.1_Final_Battle.pdb
 Filesize:  7.31 KB
 Downloaded:  8430 Time(s)

Last edited by guitarist809 on Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very solid mission, overall. One thing I noticed about this mission (and your others) that all too often gets taken for granted is the layout of your galaxite. Few things in level building are as much of a PIA as adding galaxite. Lots of times mission authors (myself included) will do a cut and paste with a single glob of galaxite, and the result is a somewhat "gridded" look to the mission. Yours had a more natural spread, and that, combined with creative terrain layouts, adds to the overall feel of the mission, making the terrain seem wilder and really making you forget that you're playing a game. Good job!

A couple of items by way of feedback:

Idea Omni never left their base to attack me, for some reason. I don't think Omni's unit groups are being built until the 25,000 credits are mined. By that time, I was already down in their base and saw their vts and hrc begin making units - right before I destroyed them. Twisted Evil

Idea Taking Omni's base involved some real close-quarter fighting, and that's always fun. One thing I noticed, however, was that Omni's units that were guarding the base were clustered together by unit type. So when I saw that I was up against a knot of Hydras, I backed out and sent my Rocket Troopers in and made mince meat of them. Liberators had to face the combined might of my Hydras and Cyclops, and Troopers were mowed down by my Liberators. Maybe in tight quarters they might be better off if you mixed their units up a bit. Also, their agressiveness was set to guard sight, right? You might want to make it pit bull, since they would let me back up and regroup, and that is definitely something you don't want. Wink

Idea You might want to place a surveilance center in the extreme right of the base, as I'd destroyed both by the time I got to the bulk of your towers.

Idea There were some Omni units beneath the mini-map, and had they not fired on my troops as they passed I might never have finished this mission....

Idea The river crossing makes for a niice little choke point. If you really want to turn up the heat, place a good mix of Omni units on the other side to greet players as they cross. Twisted Evil

Idea I loved the narrow entrances to your base! A few Omni units guarding them would have made it almost impregnible! Great base layout!

Keep up the good work! I look forward to your next mission!
guitarist809
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated my level
baileycher1
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed playing your missions. do you just have 2 single player add-on mission packs? please let me know.

thanks heaps

Cher Bailey

cher.bailey@gmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: