Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - IP address in multiplayer
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

IP address in multiplayer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DONTSLEEP
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: IP address in multiplayer Reply with quote

would be nice if there was an automatic history save of all ip addressess used in multiplayer games Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellz yeah! I hate having to type it in all the time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
GaymBoi
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add me to the list of people that think this is a good idea. A drop down list showing the last 'x' most recent IP addresses would be best, but at the least, it should populate the field with the last IP address used.

/GaymBoi
GaymBoi
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add me to the list of people that think this is a good idea. A drop down list showing the last 'x' most recent IP addresses would be best, but at the least, it should populate the field with the last IP address used.

/GaymBoi
jubjub64
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am for this idea! I already have alfex's number memorized Laughing but it would be nice to save some screen taps. If you added up the time it took to tap in an ip address say, four times a day for a whole year. Shocked
Time is money, JK

H2210 over bluetooth internet (and lovin it!)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
moveit124
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about something like battle.net or gamespy on the palm/pocketpc that would automatically search for the servers instead of a frequently used list Very Happy
cleverkathy
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:37 am    Post subject: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO Reply with quote

Bad idea moveit. We are not a server, just a player like you willing to host games sometimes. We do not want our IP hit continuously searching to see if we are on. We don't mind at all if individuals search for us... we want you to do that Very Happy But I have a feeling that if our ISP got huge quantities of hits we'd be getting a bill.

But I definitely think it would be great to have a drop down list of previously typed ip numbers. That shouldn't be too hard, huh Scott? Idea

eprodigy
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO Reply with quote

cleverkathy wrote:
Bad idea moveit. We are not a server, just a player like you willing to host games sometimes. We do not want our IP hit continuously searching to see if we are on. We don't mind at all if individuals search for us... we want you to do that Very Happy But I have a feeling that if our ISP got huge quantities of hits we'd be getting a bill.

But I definitely think it would be great to have a drop down list of previously typed ip numbers. That shouldn't be too hard, huh Scott? Idea

Your IP would only get queried if you WERE running an open server at the time. There would need to be a master list of running servers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: