Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - WI tournement?
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

WI tournement?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Multiplayer Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Tournement??????
Yes, you want one
100%
 100%  [ 12 ]
No, you dont want one
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

rand0mchance
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: WI tournement? Reply with quote

So i was thinking we set up a tournement in wi, we could have differet divisions such as a clan divsion, where it could be a group of 4 people per team, then a doubles divsion where it would be lets juss say, me and enzo in that divsion as a team, then a singles division such as 1-1 or ffa, and a coop divsion in specified maps, and see whos the true players in wi multiplayer...... And for maps in the tournement each team or player has to play one unlimbit, on galxite, and one limit, and limit maps should be first in the tournement, then ulimbits, and for the playoffs galaxite, and finals the players have to agreed on one set map,,,, VOTE Smile, WE SHOULD HAVE IT BEFORE THE END OF YEAR
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd do it but the maps should be choosen before some decides they want to join this.
being leader of viet pride.
Being the second highest poster on this forum.
Write many strategy.
Helping people and making people laugh.
AngryRedeye
Very Active User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea Random! But we must inform new players about the forum, so they can read the tournament info
Sub-Zero
Clan Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I would share this with you. You don't have to use this but maybe it will give you ideas. I tried to start a tournament in the past but people becoming inactive and what not made it difficult. Plus my work schedule became busy. If you would like to start a tournament and need any help just PM me.

Quote:
How do you all feel about using a point system to determine which clan wins the tournament? Dr. Diggles idea with a few minor adjustments will work perfectly.

See Below:

Round 1
Clan A @ Clan B - 2 vs 2 (map 1) Winner gets 2 points for their clan
Clan A @ Clan B - 1 vs 1 (map 2) Winner gets 1 point for their clan
Clan A @ Clan B - 1 vs 1 (map 3) Winner gets 1 point for their clan
Clan A @ Clan B - 1 vs 1 (map 4) Winner gets 1 point for their clan

Round 2
Clan B @ Clan A - 2 vs 2 (map 1) Winner gets 2 points for their clan
Clan B @ Clan A - 1 vs 1 (map 2) Winner gets 1 point for their clan
Clan B @ Clan A - 1 vs 1 (map 3) Winner gets 1 point for their clan
Clan B @ Clan A - 1 vs 1 (map 4) Winner gets 1 point for their clan

The clan with the most points will play Clan C.

(Winning Clan = whichever clan had the most points at the end of the 2 rounds)

Round 1
Winning Clan @ Clan C - 2 vs 2 (map 1) Winner gets 2 points for their clan
Winning Clan @ Clan C - 1 vs 1 (map 2) Winner gets 1 point for their clan
Winning Clan @ Clan C - 1 vs 1 (map 3) Winner gets 1 point for their clan
Winning Clan @ Clan C - 1 vs 1 (map 4) Winner gets 1 point for their clan

Round 2
Clan C @ Winning Clan - 2 vs 2 (map 1) Winner gets 2 points for their clan
Clan C @ Winning Clan - 1 vs 1 (map 2) Winner gets 1 point for their clan
Clan C @ Winning Clan - 1 vs 1 (map 3) Winner gets 1 point for their clan
Clan C @ Winning Clan - 1 vs 1 (map 4) Winner gets 1 point for their clan

When all clans have finished playing, the tournament is over. How long should the deadlines be

1. for players to submit their maps
2. for players to play their games
3. Overall tournament

MAPS:
The maps will be submitted before the tournament starts. Whoever the "home team" is will submit their map for that match.

So if its Clan A @ Clan B, whoever the player is for Clan A will be submitting their map to me and I will enter it into the bracket so their opponent can get some practice and what not before the match.

If you are unable to get a hold of your opponent before the set deadline, you will need to send me a PM that you tried and had no luck. I will then send that player a PM, to give at least 48 hours for a response. If there is no reply then that match will be considered forfeited by that player and receive the points for that match.

REPRESENTATIVES:
The players playing in the matches will be randomly inserted into the bracket. The opponent you get, is the one you stay with. No changing.

3MIN RULE/LAG/DISCONNECT:
For each game to count as a good game, it will need to be point rated. So if it says for example:

"NOTE: This game did not affect ratings because no winners were recorded."

OR

"NOTE: This game did not affect ratings because it was less than 3 minutes long."

Then that game will not count as a successful match.

CHEATING:
Obviously this is not allowed. Same rules that apply to regular everyday games still apply with the tournament.

Also, Clan A can't play Clan B (or Clan C, D, etc.) repeatedly in the same round. The first game that successfully rated by the leaderboard in the game will be the one that counts for the tournament. (Admin/mods will be checking). There are 2 rounds. which means players will get to play the same opponents twice. Once with their map, and once with the opponents map. (NO PLAYING AS ANON)

X Games Per Map Per Player Per Tournament:

Right now, it will be 1 game per map per player per tournament until more clans join; then the number will increase. This should take care of someone who likes to play the same map repeatedly.

Also, no Challenge Maps will be allowed. Most of them have advantages, depending on the color that you pick.

PM me with any questions or concerns you have with the game.
Dr. Diggles
Very Active User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sub-Zero wrote:
I thought I would share this with you. You don't have to use this but maybe it will give you ideas. I tried to start a tournament in the past but people becoming inactive and what not made it difficult. Plus my work schedule became busy. If you would like to start a tournament and need any help just PM me.

Quote:
How do you all feel about using a point system to determine which clan wins the tournament? Dr. Diggles idea with a few minor adjustments will work perfectly.

See Below:

Round 1
Clan A @ Clan B - 2 vs 2 (map 1) Winner gets 2 points for their clan
Clan A @ Clan B - 1 vs 1 (map 2) Winner gets 1 point for their clan
Clan A @ Clan B - 1 vs 1 (map 3) Winner gets 1 point for their clan
Clan A @ Clan B - 1 vs 1 (map 4) Winner gets 1 point for their clan

Round 2
Clan B @ Clan A - 2 vs 2 (map 1) Winner gets 2 points for their clan
Clan B @ Clan A - 1 vs 1 (map 2) Winner gets 1 point for their clan
Clan B @ Clan A - 1 vs 1 (map 3) Winner gets 1 point for their clan
Clan B @ Clan A - 1 vs 1 (map 4) Winner gets 1 point for their clan

The clan with the most points will play Clan C.

(Winning Clan = whichever clan had the most points at the end of the 2 rounds)

Round 1
Winning Clan @ Clan C - 2 vs 2 (map 1) Winner gets 2 points for their clan
Winning Clan @ Clan C - 1 vs 1 (map 2) Winner gets 1 point for their clan
Winning Clan @ Clan C - 1 vs 1 (map 3) Winner gets 1 point for their clan
Winning Clan @ Clan C - 1 vs 1 (map 4) Winner gets 1 point for their clan

Round 2
Clan C @ Winning Clan - 2 vs 2 (map 1) Winner gets 2 points for their clan
Clan C @ Winning Clan - 1 vs 1 (map 2) Winner gets 1 point for their clan
Clan C @ Winning Clan - 1 vs 1 (map 3) Winner gets 1 point for their clan
Clan C @ Winning Clan - 1 vs 1 (map 4) Winner gets 1 point for their clan

When all clans have finished playing, the tournament is over. How long should the deadlines be

1. for players to submit their maps
2. for players to play their games
3. Overall tournament

MAPS:
The maps will be submitted before the tournament starts. Whoever the "home team" is will submit their map for that match.

So if its Clan A @ Clan B, whoever the player is for Clan A will be submitting their map to me and I will enter it into the bracket so their opponent can get some practice and what not before the match.

If you are unable to get a hold of your opponent before the set deadline, you will need to send me a PM that you tried and had no luck. I will then send that player a PM, to give at least 48 hours for a response. If there is no reply then that match will be considered forfeited by that player and receive the points for that match.

REPRESENTATIVES:
The players playing in the matches will be randomly inserted into the bracket. The opponent you get, is the one you stay with. No changing.

3MIN RULE/LAG/DISCONNECT:
For each game to count as a good game, it will need to be point rated. So if it says for example:

"NOTE: This game did not affect ratings because no winners were recorded."

OR

"NOTE: This game did not affect ratings because it was less than 3 minutes long."

Then that game will not count as a successful match.

CHEATING:
Obviously this is not allowed. Same rules that apply to regular everyday games still apply with the tournament.

Also, Clan A can't play Clan B (or Clan C, D, etc.) repeatedly in the same round. The first game that successfully rated by the leaderboard in the game will be the one that counts for the tournament. (Admin/mods will be checking). There are 2 rounds. which means players will get to play the same opponents twice. Once with their map, and once with the opponents map. (NO PLAYING AS ANON)

X Games Per Map Per Player Per Tournament:

Right now, it will be 1 game per map per player per tournament until more clans join; then the number will increase. This should take care of someone who likes to play the same map repeatedly.

Also, no Challenge Maps will be allowed. Most of them have advantages, depending on the color that you pick.

I tried to find my clan tournament thread but apparently it's been deleted. Thanks for postin this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Multiplayer Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: