Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Quickie Battle/starting parameters/multiplayer
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Quickie Battle/starting parameters/multiplayer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GaymBoi
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Quickie Battle/starting parameters/multiplayer Reply with quote

Allow user to configure map size and resources available at start and on map for multiplayer battles.

The way I see it, there are 2 cases for multiplayer-- sometimes I'll have unlimited time to play, and sometimes I may only have 1/2 an hour for a battle. Instead of adding a timer to the game, another way to force faster/shorter battles would be to limit where the players can go and how much they can build.

It would also require players to make strategic tradeoffs not really seen right now.

For example, let's say I want to play multiplayer, but we're all on a lunch break, so we have very little time to play. We might want to start on a map half the normal size, start with a total of 5000 units of Galaxite and there is no more Galaxite available on the map (you could have a setting of None, little amount, normal amount of Galaxite). That would be 3 parameters that whomever starts the game would set (map size, starting $$, Galaxite available).

Limiting resources would make the game end faster without requiring a timer. Players would also have to make tough choices as to what they'll need to win the battle.

/GaymBoi
iceroid7
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds interesting, but all 5000 creds will buy you is 25 infantry. i would say something more like 10000 or 15000

The only correctly quoted quote is a misquote.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GaymBoi
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:17 am    Post subject: Quickie Battle/starting parameters/multiplayer Reply with quote

As long as both sides start with the same amount, who cares if you can only build 25 infantry? The whole idea is to start with a low enough number so that you can finish a game quickly. Remember also, that there probably will be Galaxite on the map, so 500 is only a starting point.

Anyhow, 5000 was a number I just tossed out there. Ideally, there will be a set-up wizard that asks the player how many points the battle should start with.

In my mind, the wizard would ask 3 questions

1) What size map do you want to start on?
(small, med, large)
2) How much Galaxite should be on map?
(none, small amount, normal amy)
3) How many points should each player start with?
(open ended question, player can put in any amount)

/GaymBoi
drdeath2k3
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a pretty neat idea actually...

Palm Zire 71
1.8MB free RAM
256MB ScanDisk SD Card
Launcher of choice: ZLauncher 4 Beta
rosskoepke
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ideally it would also ask you what kind of terrain you want.
-Open Fields
-Cliffs
-Mountain passes
-Watery
-Etc..

Also, I tend to like to have enough space to put 3-4 VTS next to each other, and 3-4 HRC's under them, like two parallel lines with 3 spaces in between and have a passage to the immediate right and/or left of the lines. This allows me to create, and more importantly MOVE large volumes of warfare machinery/personnel into battle quickly and efficiently. It would be nice to be able to specify whether we would get such an ideal starting point or not. If only one person got the "ideal starting area", then it would be rather unfair...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
enterman
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect, just like age of empire death match.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: