FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Please alphabetically ....joke lol
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cloud
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I'm noticing is that everyone likes sub cause he's a cool mod. And that all the other mods and admins are useless. Thats biasd and unfair. Saying sub should stay a mod because he's cool isn't fair. It's moreso picking favorites. As for what the others do, we do alot. Alot more the. You think.
Mole van java
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cloud wrote:
One thing I'm noticing is that everyone likes sub cause he's a cool mod. And that all the other mods and admins are useless. Thats biasd and unfair. Saying sub should stay a mod because he's cool isn't fair. It's moreso picking favorites. As for what the others do, we do alot. Alot more the. You think.

Nothing bad against you Cloud, but it's not that Sub is cooler than anyone or we are trying to be biased. It's because we (the community) see his contribution to the game. Like what I said, I am not sure what other mods and admin's contribution is, since it's not disclosed to the public and I'm pretty sure that you guys contribute to the game as well (other than being Scottlu's eyes and ears).

It is still up to Scott on what he thinks is best for his game Smile
N@TE
Chief Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: I contribute Reply with quote

Mole van java wrote:
This is just a game! a cool game and app! that's it! nothing more and nothing less. Do we really need a chat mod or an admin? My vote is no on chat mods and maybe on admins, but that's just my opinion.

I think Sub is doing a good job of adding an extra spice to this game, but I don't know what the rest of the mods and admin has contributed other than tell Scott what's going on. I guess Scott needs help in moderating the forum and needs a wall to bounce ideas off of.

Games are for people to have fun and if they want to fight in the chat room or in a game, just let them. I bet at the end of the day they all just laugh about it...Aggressive behavior will come out in any competition and there is always a lot of excuses and whining.

My advice to Scott is not to take the fun away from the community. If most of the community is saying that they don't like the mods/admins, then you might want to consider listening, cause having a mod or an admin probably isn't working. I mean you can tell the difference between your responses (which is more approached as an explanation) and that of a mod's response (which is very defensive).

I am not taking side nor trying to offend anyone. I just wanted to voice out my opinion. I apologize for anyone who got offended.
Apparently you have forgotten the 2010 Leaderboard (which occupied two straight weeks of my time), the ongoing and hard-to-get-votes-for Map of the Month Award, and my and Lawrence's extensive knowledge, understanding, and helpfulness of maps, and daily moderation of the less-skilled maps. Lawrence and I are there every day of the week if you need any help on maps. We also have to have immediate reaction to a bad map, whether it be quarantining, helping the creator, or giving them a stern warning.

However, I'm not saying that Lawrence and I do all of the work. All of the active mods and admins contribute the same amount of time and effort to the game in some way or another. Mods help the admins tremendously. Mods do more of the daily chat room and notification work. Without mods the structure would not be complete, and this game would fail.

The point is that just because you don't see everything that we do, it doesn't mean that things are not being worked on.

Last edited by N@TE on Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
LawrenceA
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're just here to help Smile. Feel free to talk with or pm any one of us, mods and admins alike.
berly van java
Very Active User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey you're admin & mods (active)...
i hope this game will be more ppl to play, its a job for u guys but when u all come it doesn't work..
so bad... sorry but its true..

Mole van java
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you nate, law, and cloud for giving us an insight on what a mod and an admin's daily routine and contribution to this game is. The WI community appreciate all your contribution.

I have been playing this game for 18 mos. and when I started there was no mod or admin (with the exception of Scott of course) and the game was actually more fun, and I bet a lot of people here will agree. Also, I don't think this game will not survive with out a mod or the extra admins, and I think that it's a bit arrogant to say that otherwise. This game had survived and attracted new players, because of the true players that are addicted to this game Smile

I know when the "chat mod" came to the topic before, it was more like, "let's try and see if it works". Now all I hear from a lot of people are complaints. Don't get me wrong, I don't really have anything against the mods and some of the mods and admins are my closest friends in this game.

Why don't we try to see what happens if the mods and admins go on vacation for a month Smile?
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should speak up here. Before mods and admins, I was doing all these tasks, and other tasks not in Nate's list. I seriously needed help. Without mods helping I couldn't run the service.

Nothing in life is a free lunch. There are tradeoffs for everything. Players are able to play this game, be on the forums, do crazy stuff with ids (you all know what I'm talking about), submit mission packs, get help when you need it.... None of this is free - it takes a lot of work on the admin side to provide this. The admins exist to make this possible. So going back to life without admins really isn't in the cards, because it is not feasible.

As always I want to hear feedback.

Mithoz
Forum Conqueror

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for been mods and admins. And giving up your time.

Is that what you guys want to hear?

The van javas: berly, val, mole, brian, mat, wish, rully, kou, ducati, blake, warkilla, kempa, dealer, morph.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Van Java All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: