Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Warefare Incorporated Server Maintenance
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Warefare Incorporated Server Maintenance
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Multiplayer Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colt
Chatroom Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonderer wrote:
ye nova2 is getting lame is their supposed to be sound?
how do I now who's on my team or not?
how do I get the laser beams?
how do I use the mines?
I can't here anything WTF do I have to be so close just so I can here them shoot at me?
when I jump I can't jump on anything is that right?
why does it feel like nova1 has better graphite then nova2?

I am in the top 200 of the leaderboard on NOVA 2. It rivals Warfare Incorporated as my favorite game.

Play the single-player campaign. It is by far the best app campaign to-date, and it takes a great deal of effort to make it past the final boss.

In multiplayer, the system is based on a Level-Up and EVOLVE structure, similar to Level-Up and Prestige in the Call of Duty series. The more your level raises, the more weapons, secondary weapons, perks, and special items you can unlock, in addition to three EVOLVE perks that are granted at level 72, where you are then given the option to be reset to level 1, and be given a new perk in return. You can EVOLVE a total of three times. The better guns are awarded at higher levels.

The player has a wide variety of weapons that can be unlocked at higher levels.

Primary Weapons:

- Assault Rifle: Standard automatic gun; similar to NOVA 1
- Shotgun: Equipped for close distances; similar to NOVA 1
- Plasma Rifle: Automatic fire, shoots green projectiles in general direction of aim sight, not spot-on accurate
- Rocket Launcher: Fires powerful rocket projectile; similar to NOVA 1
- Automatic Shotgun: Shotgun w/ automatic rapid fire
- Grenade Launcher: Fires a grenade in general proximity of aim sight, noy spot-on accurate

Secondary Weapons:
- Mines: Throw up to five mines by clicking the Mine icon in the upper right, where you special items normally are (grenades, etc). Detonate by pressing fire when mines are placed.
- Alien Lightning Gun: Fores a continuous beam of lightning, very accurate and powerful
- Sniper Rifle: Zoom in on enemies to shoot, similar to NOVA 1
- Alien Laser: Weapon used in "InstaGib" game mode, fires a single powerful shot

There are five game modes, spread across ten different maps, where you can have 1-10 players on any single map. All maps can have varying time limits, or score limits, where the first player or team to reach a certain number of kills/stolen flags wins.

- Free-for-all: Every man for himself, kill everyone you see.
- Team Deathmatch: You are placed on either the Red team or Blue team. Your arm color will tell you which team you are on. Kill the enemy team.
- Capture the Flag (Teams): Steal the enemy team's flag and bring it back to your base. Kills/Deaths do not affect the team's score.
- Freeze Tag (Teams): When killed, a player is "frozen" in place, until a teammate comes and stands next to them for 3 seconds and unfreezes them, or if an entire team is frozen. Kill the enemy and be the last one not frozen.
- InstaGib (FFA): Players have an Alien Laser with infinite ammo that kills enemies in one shot, fast-paced game.

Now to answer your questions, in order.
1) Your team consists of players with the same color armor as yours. This only applies to Team Deathmatch, Freeze Tag, and Capture the Flag. If you see players who aren't Blue or Red, you are playing a FFA.

2) The Alien Lightning Gun and Alien Laser are awarded as you level up. Both are secondary weapons.

3) To use a mine, scroll through your weapons until the grenade icon turns into a mine icon, with 5 mines. Click the mine icon to throw a mine, and press fire to detonate them. You can switch weapons and return to your mine icon later to detonate at a future time. There is a max of 20 mines allowed at one time.

4) This is specific to your position on the map. You don't have to be right next to an enemy, but the sound quality is more realistic than NOVA 1. If an enemy is firing on your right, it will sound different than an enemy firing in front of you. Each weapon has its own unique sound.

5) NOVA 2 is a free environment. It is not nearly as glitched as NOVA 1 (i.e. no climbing on mountains), and does not have any hackers as of yet. Anything can be jumped on with enough practice, if you learn what angle to use.

6) NOVA 2's graphics take a lot of getting used to for a NOVA 1 player. However, both the controls and environmental textures are far superior to NOVA 1, and make NOVA 2 a much better game than the original.

I hope this little intro to NOVA 2 will help you get better in-game and want to play more. My best recommendation is to play the single-player campaign to completion. It is not only very entertaining but very good training for multiplayer. Good luck! Smile

-•- Former #1 Ranked Player
-•- Colt/Redscorpion
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm thanks -__- I couldnt throw the grenade on top of the towers on the frozen map I was able to on nova1 but not nova2 Sad
being leader of viet pride.
Being the second highest poster on this forum.
Write many strategy.
Helping people and making people laugh.
N@TE
Chief Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Time of the server being down Reply with quote

The server was down for a still undisclosed reason between 4:04PM and 8:27PM Pacific Time. Welcome back to the server, WI!
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd call it an undiagnosed problem, combined with me not knowing about the server being down until I checked my email. I'll get a txt msg in the future.

Apologies everyone!!

lisida19
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did it happennin the East coast time?? Cuz i think its maybe becAuse of me...
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why lisida?
N@TE
Chief Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: EST Reply with quote

lisida19 wrote:
When did it happennin the East coast time?? Cuz i think its maybe becAuse of me...
East Coast time would be at 7:04PM. The East Coast is three hours ahead of the West Coast.
lisida19
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cause at the same time as i was playing a game, my dad shut down the router so i just lost connexion. Does it have something to do woth that?
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, that shouldn't cause a problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Multiplayer Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: