Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Reign of Terror
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Reign of Terror

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dkrasnove
Very Active User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:08 am    Post subject: Reign of Terror Reply with quote

Description:
When a radical Yeminite terrorist group embarks on a "holy war" with the West and threatens to use stolen nuclear weapons, the world turns to the UN for guidance. As the UN Peacekeeping Force (UNPF), you must eliminate the threat of a a global nuclear disaster--or risk destruction of the free world.

Author:
dkrasnove
Credit to trineroks for the concept of "Negotiator's Paradise"

Missions:

Single Player Campaign:
M1: Bad Neighborhood

Multiplayer Challenge:
Negotiator's Paradise
Players: 3

Negotiator's Paradise: Citywide Panic
Players: 4

History:
v1.0
    - Initial release
v1.1
    - Map changes to Negotiator's Paradise
    - Bug fixes to Negotiator's Paradise
v1.2
    - Bug fixes to Negotiator's Paradise
    - Added Negotiator's Paradise: Citywide Panic
Note: A new single player mission will be released every week.

Reign of Terror.pdb
 Description:
When a radical Yeminite terrorist group embarks on a "holy war" with the West and threatens to use stolen nuclear weapons, the world turns to the UN for guidance. As the UN Peacekeeping Force (UNPF), you must eliminate the threat of a a global nuclear dis

Download
 Filename:  Reign of Terror.pdb
 Filesize:  18.64 KB
 Downloaded:  1207 Time(s)

Last edited by dkrasnove on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:01 am; edited 25 times in total
N@TE
Chief Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Change name Reply with quote

dkrasnove, your map looks great except for one thing, which is its name. This map title is already being used by trineroks. The topic "Hostage Negotiations" has been moved to the mission pack Minipax 2!; both are by trineroks.

A change of you map title would be more acceptable than this current one. The title of this topic (Reign of Terror), appears to be available. Thanks for you cooperation.

Nate

dkrasnove
Very Active User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Change name Reply with quote

N@TE wrote:
dkrasnove, your map looks great except for one thing, which is its name. This map title is already being used by trineroks. The topic "Hostage Negotiations" has been moved to the mission pack Minipax 2!; both are by trineroks.

A change of you map title would be more acceptable than this current one. The title of this topic (Reign of Terror), appears to be available. Thanks for you cooperation.
Nate

His map was actually what inspired me to make this. Thanks for the feedback; I'll change it asap.

Last edited by dkrasnove on Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
N@TE

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Change name Reply with quote

dkrasnove wrote:
His map was actually what inspired me to make this. Thanks for the feedback; i'll change it asap.
Thanks for renaming your map. Good name too!
trineroks
Chief Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dang this map looks great! I would suggest changing the hostages to corporate raiders, though, and allying side4 to side2 (but not the other way around). This way, cyan doesnt have any combat units to kill the terrorists guarding the cell and the raiders can't capture red's buildings (because cyan is allied to red. However, because red is not allied to cyan, he can still shoot the hostages).
dkrasnove
Very Active User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trineroks wrote:
dang this map looks great! I would suggest changing the hostages to corporate raiders, though, and allying side4 to side2 (but not the other way around). This way, cyan doesnt have any combat units to kill the terrorists guarding the cell and the raiders can't capture red's buildings (because cyan is allied to red. However, because red is not allied to cyan, he can still shoot the hostages).

Making the hostages Corporate Raiders is a pretty good idea. You can never trust those cheap little Andy units... Razz
Amy
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad map, and it's pretty good. How many other maps have you made?
dkrasnove
Very Active User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amy wrote:
Not a bad map, and it's pretty good. How many other maps have you made?

I have also made Hexagons 1 Vs 1, Hexagons 2 Vs 2, and I am currently working on a rather complicated map called Domination. The objective is to capture and hold all control points for two minutes. Smile

Lol, if it isn't a bad map, I guess it must be good, right? However, it is really annoying when I try to play this mission with other people because they don't actually read the rules Shocked even though I invoke the formal objectives screen on mission load!
N@TE

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Unread formal objectives Reply with quote

dkrasnove wrote:
However, it is really annoying when I try to play this mission with other people because they don't actually read the rules Shocked even though I invoke the formal objectives screen on mission load!
That is unfortunately the way that the players of WI play. Most players wave away the formal objectives like they do a 20% Battery Warning popup. Just add an alert and hope for the best. After a little while the players will learn by themselves without needing the formal objectives. Maybe they will learn from somebody who reads the formal objectives Laughing.
trineroks
Chief Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't worry, it took a while for some of my maps to become popular (like hostage negotiations and cat and mouse). People were going on rants on how stupid my maps were and how nonsensical they were...

...and then one day some people began reading the mission objectives...

dkrasnove
Very Active User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy the "nonconformist" missions just as much as I enjoy the "just blow everything up" missions. I guess when I start beating everyone on a map where they should've read the mission objective, they'll wish they had read 'em too. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: