Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Armagedon v1.3
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Armagedon v1.3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knelson
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Armagedon v1.3 Reply with quote

Andy and Jana have just returned from their honeymoon. Andy is immediately thrust in the midst of a fierce battle. There is plenty of Galaxite and plenty of enemies to destroy.

If you like action then this is for you. There is non stop action on this level. However, you will still need to develop some tactical strategy to win. Simply creating a massive force of troops and vehicles will not do it.

This level has been created to play over and over again. I have not had any beta testers to help with creation, so please provide feedback. Ideas on improving the level will be greatly appreciated.

Author:
Keith Nelson

History:
>Released version 1.0 - 2/5/04
>Released version 1.1 - 2/25/04
+Changed mission name
+Updated story plot
+Updated triggers
>Released version 1.2 - 3/01/04
+Modified triggers
+Lowered difficulty
>Compiled for new version 3/12/04
>Added new cut scene of Andy & Jana 3/26/04

Armagedon.pdb
 Description:
Andy is immediately thrust in the midst of a fierce battle. There is plenty of Galaxite and plenty of enemies to destroy. If you like action then this is for you. There is non stop action on this level. However, you will still need to develop some tactics

Download
 Filename:  Armagedon.pdb
 Filesize:  10.75 KB
 Downloaded:  42969 Time(s)

Keith
Palm Tungsten|E

Last edited by knelson on Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:46 pm; edited 9 times in total
Donw35
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting level, I played 3 times and was unable to complete the mission. If there is some secret you may need to let the player in on it. I understand that this is not completed by brut force but with the enimy coming in some fast you have too staff up.

I am missing something..
joshlerman
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking the same thing...have played it a bunch of times, each with a different tactic, and I still cannot figure out how to get through this one.

The constant regeneration of the enemy forces seems to be too overpowering to defeat them, and with a combination of losing bullpups to the enemy, and running out of glaxite, in the end it has always come down to my selling buildings to try to save myself.

....and this is at "easy."

I think you might have made this level too difficult, but perhaps I am just missing something that you could perhaps shed some light on.....?
knelson
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: New Version Reply with quote

I have made some adjustsments to the triggers. As I stated earlier no one has helped me test this mission. Since I am the creator of the Mission of course I know how to win.

I will give a few hints:

Towers are better defense mechanisms for bases than mobile units, but you must remember to repair and replace them.
    Don't get to caught up in the battle that you forget to keep building units.
    After establishing your intial base, proceed east and setup a secondary.
    Before attacking the enemies base make sure you have a full army.
    Attack only one base at a time.
    One the battle begins action moves fast. If your speed settings are too high you will not be able to keep up.
Please provide me with some feedback on how I can improve the mission. Critcism is welcomed Very Happy

Thanks,

Keith

Keith
Palm Tungsten|E
Donw35
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played it twice and completed the level on the second try. Nice level, I like that action and the fact that you have to pay attension to what is going on.

Very Happy
apersson850
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried a few times, before I completed it.
I turned out to take a real effort, to get enough production running to keep the required force in the field.
I think I built totally 25 bullpups and ten processors (some sold and new built, when I ran out of nearby galaxite) to keep the production of forces running.
knelson
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aperssonal850,

One of the things that I love about this game is that you lose track of time. I have started playing the game and got so involved that 2 hours had passed in what seemed like only 10 minutes. I specifically designed this level to keep you so busy you wouldn't have to look at the clock. This level requires your total attention. If you forget to build units enemy forces will overpower you. If you don't pay attention to your bullups you will run out of credits. If you don't fortify your base, enemy forces will overrun you.

Keith
Palm Tungsten|E
psj3809
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey excellent mission ! Many thanks for it

Completed it on my 2nd go but this is one level i keep going back to as its what i love, tons of action and fighting.

I love the base in the corner, difficult to attack that base because of hte guns and the narrow lanes into the base. Superb stuff, hope you do another similar game !!

What i would love to see is a Warfare version of two classic Command and Conquer maps i used to play, Lake Tahoe and Calderas Gold i think it was called.
Jazz3D1
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: Armagedon Reply with quote

Great mission....I happen to beat it on my first attempt.

$181,815 in mining
599 units destroyed
49 building destroyed
completed in 1:20 min.

I like the challenges that the creator placed in the mission. Very well thought out. Good job, and I look forward to your next challenge
knelson
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jazz3D1,

I'm glad you enjoyed this mission. I am currently working on 2 other maps. I should be able to post them in a couple of days. I was wondering if I should upload the missions separately or in a mission pack? I would appreciate feedback from anyone.

Keith
Palm Tungsten|E
Liberator
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really love this mission! I felt 'Full Front Assault' was hard, After I played this one, FFA becames a piece of cake! I play about 5 times before I beat it. My speed is set to 100% and difficulty is set to hard.

Is ver1.3 easier or harder than ver1.2? Hope don't lower its difficulty in future.

knelson
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did lower the difficulty in the last version. I had read some excellent content from the moderators about making missions too hard. I will concentrate in the futrue on using the $difficulty variable to make the mission tougher for more experienced players. I am impressed I can't beat the level on 100% hard and I created it. LOL

Keith
Palm Tungsten|E
Liberator
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: How I beat it with 100% hard Reply with quote

briefly, Create 2nd & 3rd bases and create elite troops, which comprise liberators, cyclops and hydras. I don't use human resource centre. build up the troops near the cliff, and wait enemy to come under our crossfire. meanwhile, create troops until limit reached, then launch decisive assault---that's what amagedon means, destroy enemy base one by one. the second base should be created at the west side of the map, that's the key to success. if I follow you advice to create towers, I'll definitely fail, as too many cyclops' roaming around.

I stongly hope you keep the difficulty, or make two versions of the mission.

I play this mission every day.

knelson
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will not be making any other changes to this mission. If you enjoyed this mission you shold also try Calderas Gold.

Keith
Palm Tungsten|E
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith, here's a review of Warfare where the reviewer mentions playing this mission and calls it a blast:

http://www.pocketgoddess.com/reviews/palmos/software/20040323_0900_Warfare.htm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: