Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - New /anon command
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

New /anon command
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Multiplayer Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N@TE
Chief Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: New /anon command Reply with quote

A new command was generously implemented by Scott last night. The command is "/anon", and it is used to toggle if anons can join your game. Below are some questions that may get asked and answers to them.

Q: How do you use the command?
A: Just type (without quotes) "/anon" in the chat when you create a game and you will either get a message that says "You have blocked anons." or "You have unblocked anons."

Q: When can this command be used?
A: This command can be utilized in the joining screen of a match before it has began. This command is unavailable in room lobbies, and it cannot be used in a match that has initialized.

Q: Who can use this command?
A: A registered player who has created a match can use the command. Anons and players who have joined a match are not permitted to use this command.

Q: Can anons use this command?
A: No. Under no circumstances do anons have access to the chat command. It doesn't even show up as an available command when you type "/help" as an anon.

Q: What exactly does this command do?
A: Issuing the "/anon" command will kick all anons from your match, and it will prevent anons from joining your game as well. Anons will not be kicked from a game that has initiated. Note that when you use the command and you receive the "You have unblocked anons." message that anons are able to join your game.

Q: Where will I see the "You have blocked anons." and "You have unblocked anons." messages?
A: They will be posted in gray text right after you exert the command.

Q: Can other people see the "You have blocked anons." and "You have unblocked anons." messages?
A: No, other players in your match cannot see those messages. It is important to communicate to the other players in your match when you have exploited the chat command if you want them to know.

If you have any other questions then just post below with your question. I will gladly answer it and expand the Q and A list I have above.

Last edited by N@TE on Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mithoz
Forum Conqueror

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks scott for finally listening to one of my ideas and implement it Smile

The van javas: berly, val, mole, brian, mat, wish, rully, kou, ducati, blake, warkilla, kempa, dealer, morph.
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a lot of people asked for this
being leader of viet pride.
Being the second highest poster on this forum.
Write many strategy.
Helping people and making people laugh.
hiseas21
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just wonder how often this command will be used, but it seems like it will be very often (assuming the past anon behaviors of rejoining games, joining just to be irritating, etc.)
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xD what I do is copy /anon. so when a anon joins I just press paste so it kicks him. then I press paste again so allow anons back in. then kick the same or new anon out. it sounds mean. but if the anon keeps joing back and forth which might get the chat mod kinda mad for the anon joing a game and leaving it. :, -D
Write many strategy.
N@TE

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Time restriction Reply with quote

wonderer wrote:
xD what I do is copy /anon. so when a anon joins I just press paste so it kicks him. then I press paste again so allow anons back in. then kick the same or new anon out. it sounds mean. but if the anon keeps joing back and forth which might get the chat mod kinda mad for the anon joing a game and leaving it. :, -D
Thanks for the realization of people spamming the command wonderer. What you are doing is not good. Others may start doing it too, and it should be stopped. I may talk to Scott about a time restriction for how often you can use the command, which would be similar to the restrictions with creating rooms and spam detection.

Note that this command will rid of those pesky anons that rapidly join, cancel, and rejoin games. Even if those anons are annoying, the correct thing to do would just use the /anon command once.

Mithoz
Forum Conqueror

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if you can do anything about this but ive seen a player (not naming) beg anons to join his game and when they do he just kicks them and then asks them to join again and keeps kicking different anons...

The van javas: berly, val, mole, brian, mat, wish, rully, kou, ducati, blake, warkilla, kempa, dealer, morph.
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mithoz wrote:
I'm not sure if you can do anything about this but ive seen a player (not naming) beg anons to join his game and when they do he just kicks them and then asks them to join again and keeps kicking different anons...

that's mean who's doing that they should be kicked if a mod sees anyone luring anons just to be kicked.

that's cool Nate I hope it passes cause I'm tired of anons joining my games but it's also hard not to try to ...

could you also try to pass on to scottlu that anons shouldn't be able to use this comand since we don't want the whole old school BiT problem to start up again on a different map.

Write many strategy.
N@TE

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Time restriction (cont.) Reply with quote

Mithoz wrote:
Thanks for another horrific example of somebody abusing this wonderful command. A time restriction on this command should fix tis problem.
wonderer wrote:
Mithoz wrote:

that's mean who's doing that they should be kicked if a mod sees anyone luring anons just to be kicked.

that's cool Nate I hope it passes cause I'm tired of anons joining my games but it's also hard not to try to ...

could you also try to pass on to scottlu that anons shouldn't be able to use this comand since we don't want the whole old school BiT problem to start up again on a different map.
If I see anyone abusing this command in the chat room, they will receive a warning followed by a kick from the room. A notice to all players: if you are an anon and someone is abusing the /anon power, do not be reluctant to immediately notify a moderator about your troubles. I'll be sure to sit down with the abuser and have long chat with them about why they are overusing the command Twisted Evil.

Wonderer, anons cannot use this command. I will add that to the list of Q and As to be more specific.

redscorpion
Very Active User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was meant to be a good thing that people wanted to satisfy the anon problem. Yet I experience players abusing it in manners described by wonderer and Mithoz. One would think that after being given the benefit of the doubt that a player wouldn't waste it. Players hate the anon system, fine. But don't detract from the experiences of other players. Gives us less chance to smack talk when there is a continuity of the same grey-texted alerts over and over before and after a game! Put all that effort into getting better. Wink
Black Fang Leader
Chatroom Moderator
Former Leaderboard #1

-•-~-•-~-•-~-•-~-•-~-•-~-•-~-•-~-
hiseas21
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that this command should only be used once, the time when u initiate the command (to disable anons in your game), if u take that off, u cant be able to use it again (u could always make another game if it doesnt please u)
trineroks
Chief Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hiseas21 wrote:
i think that this command should only be used once, the time when u initiate the command (to disable anons in your game), if u take that off, u cant be able to use it again (u could always make another game if it doesnt please u)
... you and I think alike lol
Golden
Very Active User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trineroks wrote:
hiseas21 wrote:
... you and I think alike lol

Haha same here lol. as i was reading down the posts i thought that and sure enough agoto posted it. Very Happy

hiseas21
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yayz, thx (im happy for both comments), but will this be fixed soon (still happy about the last 2 posts hehe Smile)
N@TE

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: new restriction idea Reply with quote

It looks like a lot of people like this new restriction idea where you can only use the /anon command once per game creation. I'll join that bandwagon as well. This method would be extravagantly more effective than the time restriction, and it would probably be less coding for Scott as well Smile.

If more people can agree to this, then the once-per-game restriction will more likely be the used method. And of course, if you have any other ideas feel free to share them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Multiplayer Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: