Joined: 15 Aug 2003
|Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:31 pm Post subject: MISSION SHARING RULES - Read before posting!
|This forum is for mission authors to share their missions with the general public. It is also a place for the general public to comment on the missions and give feedback to the authors. Here are the rules for mission authors:
1. To make a mission available, make a new forum topic with the same name as your mission. Be sure to select the "Sticky" box so it gets sorted at the top always.
2. For "Subject" field, enter:
"mission name here"
3. For Body field, use this format: Do not include quotes (")
"enter mission description"
Number of Players:
ie. 2, 3, 4, 2-4, 2v2, 3v1
4. Using the "Add Attachment" button, attach your mission .pdb to your post.
5. Into the "File Comments" section add a short description of your mission. This description gets put into the Mission Pack download page.
6. Post topic as "sticky" so it stays sorted at the top.
7. Any time you have a new version of this mission, EDIT your original post, do not make another duplicate topic unless you are posting newly authored mission. Add a new line to the history, and upload the new version of your mission using the "Upload New Version" button. By uploading with this button, your download statistics will stay intact and won't get reset to 0!
Users are encouraged to make comments and feedback in a given mission topic, for the benefit of the author to refine and enhance the mission.
Note: the main mission download page will be auto-generated from the contents of this forum. It will look for sticky posts with file uploads and put these on a single easy to use download page that sorts by and displays download count, mission name, description link to the download, link to the discussion topic for each mission.
Note: iPhone and iPod Touch users have mission download integrated into the game.
Warfare Incorporated Development Team
Last edited by scottlu on Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Joined: 06 Dec 2009
|Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:00 pm Post subject: New Rules
|As new ideas form, new rules have to restrain some of them. Below is a list of additional rules created that all map makers must also follow.
- Please do not name your Mission Sharing topics an inappropriate name, or anything along the lines of "New Mission", "My First", "Testing", etc. The topic of your post will be the name of your mission pack on multiplayer, so make your topic as close to your .pdb file as possible. If the map is being tested, please put "Testing" or something of that sort in brackets, parenthesis, etc.
- Only have the player amounts in your map 1-4; no less than 1 and no more than 4.
- Make your maps as fair as possible. Always be sure to have each side/color start out with the exact same amount of structures, units, Initial Credit, galaxite(if applicable), etc. A good map is a fair map.
- Try not to duplicate your maps; one will either be quarantined or have its topic removed. If you accidentally double-post, please notify one of the forum moderators to delete the extra topic.
- Missions, mission names, and mission pack names which are offensive in any way will be quarantined.
- Do not copy other players' maps and/or modify them. Only modify maps if the person that made the map is currently inactive, and has been inactive for a while, or it is a cheating map. If you copy a map which has an inactive author, make it for the better. It is encouraged to suggest other versions of their map, but do not make them yourself.
- Unless a rule is being broken with the map, the creator of their map(s) has complete control over them. If a map has been copied/modified, the creator of the original version chooses what has to be done to the copied version. This may include labeling their name on the copied map, doing any necessary trigger and physical feature modifications, simply quarantining the mission pack, or any other creative mutilations the original creator of the map can think of. However, this may not be associated with points in any way, and the map must stay fair.
- DO NOT MAKE CHEATING MAPS. Your map will be quarantined, and if you used the map to score pump, any IDs that you used to score pump will be reset back to 1500. If you see an unfair/cheating map, please notify a map moderator immediately. If you are an experienced map maker, you are very welcome to fix the map yourself.
- Any Multi-Player mission packs containing over 15 maps in them will automatically not publish. To prevent this, separate your mission pack after it has exceeded 15 maps.
If you fail to meet or disobey any of these rules you will be notified, and if it is bad enough your mission pack will also be quarantined.
Additionally, always double-check you have end triggers in your maps. All end mission triggers are used with the Owns Units condition trigger and the End Mission action trigger. In the "Sides" tab you check mark all the human sides in the map. Below is an example of how to properly perform End Mission Triggers.
For win triggers:
Sides: 1, 2, 3, 4
Conditions: Enemies owns Exactly 0 of Any Unit
Actions End Mission: Win
For lose triggers:
Sides: 1, 2, 3, 4
Conditions: CurrentSide owns Exactly 0 of Any Unit
Actions: End Mission: Lose
I would also like to remind all map makers to please make your topics "Sticky" in order for them to be sorted at the top.
If you ever see anything wrong with a map, please post on the topic of that map, or notify a map moderator, and specify in as much detail as possible what is wrong with the map.
All mission sharing rules are subject to change. In the case of that event, there will be a post on the topic given below as to what has changed. Time will be given to make the appropriate changes.