Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Steath mission
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Steath mission
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> M5: Personal Goals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris Stevenson
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first time I played the mission, I completed it in the "U" fashion. Down, over, up, to crash site.

I have tried going through the middle, and personally, I think it is [i]easier[/i]. This is only if you come to the places where the walls come together tight. This allows only one unit to come at you at a time, therefore, you can pick them off, and as the next one comes at you, your armor can regenerate.

Going through the middle not only requires less "user input" because you don't have to move Andy (he just stands and fires, regenerates, fires, regenerate), it also takes much, much less time to complete the level.
sremick
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh this level keeps kicking my butt. I can make it to the crash site no problem, it's lasting 10 minutes that seems impossible. My reserves never last until the end, and I'm left by myself trying to take out the last wave which is just too much. There's like 3-4 mech units and 7 or so infantry, against only Andy. I'm not sure where everyone is hiding along the right. I can lure some over but they overwhelm me on the ledge just as easy as anywhere else. They shoot at me just fine, and when there are lots of them I can't distract them all to the ledge so some inevitably make their way up to the crash site.

Andy pisses me off too. All too often he starts moving when I want him to just stay put and shoot.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
izod91
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it quite easy to navigate through the middle of the base. I killed all units inside the base, but Andy is not capable of destroying buildings. The gatling cannons are a pain in the butt, though.

was anyone else able to do this?
qfly
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey izod91,
You're right that going through the middle is easier. Also the fact that you could wipe out the enemy inside the base without disabling the towers speaks highly of your skill.
Try this: Fight your way east through the base. Just before reaching the end, go south just a little and you'll find a Galaxite Processor. Shoot at the processor until the Bullpup arrives to go inside. Switch your focus to killing that dang Bullpup(Every load that he delivers will delay the game for you). It could take two assalts to kill him. You must think of your safety first. After that Bullpup is dead, turn your focus back to shooting the Processor(changing the speed to 8.0x will help to greatly speed this up). Your goal obviously is to run the enemy out of money. Once he's out of money the fun begins. Just go around taking out all the buildings with emphasis on the generators so as to disable all the towers from shooting you(especially those Gatling Towers). After you have wiped out everything, go make contact with Jana in the north east. Now it's easy to survive for the required time.

good luck,
qfly
MerlinustheTransport
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its fun to see the units spawn. Its also fun to shake your fist at them and grumble about cheating.
izod91
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have been in school Mad lately. I will have to give it a shot, though. u know, running omni out of $. thanks for the tip!

Try my Final Strike Bonus Pack!

hook683
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Product Reply with quote

Quote:
Tell me what you are doing, then I can see what you are doing wrong. Also, you need to kind of move slowly, and you should probably save alot too.

Brilliant stuff whats it called? ^

Tribbleman
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This mission is one of my favorites!! It's easy by going up top thru the OMNI base. you should use the little hill as a bunker for Andy so he can fire out. then leave the other units closer to the crash site. Wink
VectorWega
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

qfly wrote:
Your goal obviously is to run the enemy out of money. Once he's out of money the fun begins. Just go around taking out all the buildings with emphasis on the generators so as to disable all the towers from shooting you(especially those Gatling Towers). After you have wiped out everything, go make contact with Jana in the north east. Now it's easy to survive for the required time.

good luck,
qfly

I actually came here to see if someone had done this. I came into the base and killed all of the units, including the bullpup before he delivered a load. I can see the entire map except for the crash site and there are no units being created. I've been shooting the builldings for a LLLLLONG TIME. Unfortunately, I can't go 8 speed on the iphone, so we'll see. I'm guessing that the enemy has maxed out cash (i don't believe i have seen the enemy with infinite cash).
brendan
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put the game to 100.00 speed after destroying the OMNI unit's inside their base so it's easier to drain their resources by firing at towers.
trineroks
Chief Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do you set it to 100!?
galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's a pocket pc thing.
galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's a pocket pc thing.
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

galm be spaming like a mother it's computer.
being leader of viet pride.
Being the second highest poster on this forum.
Write many strategy.
Helping people and making people laugh.
wonderbra
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:59 am    Post subject: hehe Reply with quote

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> M5: Personal Goals All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: