Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Map Moderator & New Rules
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Map Moderator & New Rules
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N@TE
Chief Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Map Moderator & New Rules Reply with quote

As many know, I have become the moderator of the Mission Authoring and Mission Sharing forums. Scottlu has made me the moderator because I am good with maps, I help other people out, and I am on frequently. As apart of my moderating, there comes some new rules. Below is the list of additional rules map makers must follow.

- Please do not name your Mission Sharing topics an inappropriate name, or anything along the lines of "New Mission", "My First", "Testing", etc. The topic of your post will be the name of your mission pack on multiplayer, so make your topic as close to your .pdb file as possible. If the map is being tested, please put "Testing" or something of that sort in brackets, parenthesis, etc.
- Only have the player amounts in your map 1-4; no less than 1 and no more than 4.
- Make your maps as fair as possible. Always be sure to have each side/color start out with the exact same amount of structures, units, Initial Credit, galaxite(if applicable), etc. A good map is a fair map.
- Try not to duplicate your maps; one will either be quarantined or have its topic removed. If you accidentally double-post, please notify one of the forum moderators to delete the extra topic.
- Missions, mission names, and mission pack names which are offensive in any way will be quarantined.
- Do not copy other players' maps and/or modify them. Only modify maps if the person that made the map is currently inactive, and has been inactive for a while, or it is a cheating map. If you do copy a map which has an inactive author, make it for the better. It is encouraged to suggest other versions of their map, but do not make them yourself.
- Unless a rule is being broken with the map, the creator of their map(s) has complete control over them. If a map has been copied/modified, the creator of the original version chooses what has to be done to the copied version. This may include labeling their name on the copied map, doing any necessary trigger and physical feature modifications, simply quarantining the mission pack, or any other creative mutilations the original creator of the map can think of. However, this may not be associated with points in any way, and the map must stay fair.
- DO NOT MAKE CHEATING MAPS. Your map will be quarantined, and if you used the map to score pump, any IDs that you used to score pump will be reset back to 1500. If you see an unfair/cheating map, please notify a map moderator immediately. If you are an experienced map maker, you are very welcome to fix the map yourself.
- Any Multi-Player mission packs containing over 15 maps in them will automatically not publish. To prevent this, separate your mission pack after it has exceeded 15 maps.

If you fail to meet or disobey any of these rules you will be notified, and if it is bad enough your mission pack will also be quarantined.

A couple last things. If anybody has map trouble contact me or post on here; I can answer most questions. The map-making community can answer most questions as well. I you ever want a topic on either of the forums I moderate deleted, please let me know and I will gladly do it. If you want a mission pack to be quarantined just pm me. I will only quarantine a mission if I have been given permission by the creator, or one of the maps in the pack does not follow on of the rules. The map creator will be notified when this event occurs.

Last edited by N@TE on Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we poste unfair maps or maps so you can look at so you can decide master Nate I'm talking about like the alian replica kind
being leader of viet pride.
Being the second highest poster on this forum.
Write many strategy.
Helping people and making people laugh.
N@TE

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Yes please Reply with quote

Yes please, go ahead and post any unfiar maps on here and I will take a look at them. State what is wrong with them as well, and pictures are always welcome. I'll add unfair maps to the list of new rules.
trineroks
Chief Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey nate about no maps with the name "testing" make that for multiplayer games only. I like to make a random map to test certain stuff on how it works in game (like desert scenery in grassy) Very Happy
ElectronicFlesh
Very Active User

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should be allowed to name a map testing untill it is done testing.
galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I see both sides but to be frank is it really a big deal?
N@TE

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Modified rules Reply with quote

Alright Electronic and Trine, I'll let you get what you want. Trine you can create a topic called "Experimentations" or something like that so you can do your experiments. Please just edit the map (don't keep adding more maps) on there when you change experiments. Also, I would like to see the results, so maybe have a list of the exeriments you have done with the results. This will be allowed in Single Player.

Electronic: If you really must have people know a map is still under testing, put testing in parenthesis or brakets after the name of your map. Don't have testing as the name of your map, but it can be with the name of your map as long as you really are testing it.

Example: Grains of Glory (Testing) OR Grains of Glory [Testing] OR Grains of Glory {Testing}. I think you get the point.

sars
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I played a map scary movie is that map a testing map it seems unfair cause I read the direction and I still could not win
N@TE

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Scary movie Reply with quote

sars wrote:
Hi. I played a map scary movie is that map a testing map it seems unfair cause I read the direction and I still could not win
Yeah I noticed that in the sides ther is no human side. Every side is computer. There is also no units other than neutral units. I don't get it.
galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Map fail?
ElectronicFlesh
Very Active User

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nate, before u say the map is stuffed up, just look at it, and look again, see all the triggers and unit groups. That map can be won easily all it takes is a bit of logic and fast fingers. Here is how to win: click on the minimap on the position of the units, select as many as u can, and let the view go back to normal, when u see the wall appear click on it to send ur units there. Smile easy as pie. This map ( In my opinion) is just a different style of map, it tests your fast fingers and timing rather than your average map that requires mining and battling and other stuff. All those maps are just repeats of themselves. This map (scarey movie) it totally unique
trineroks
Chief Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh scary movie works just fine like i said there ARE human slots available
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look in to the "king of the hill" map.

Theirs 1.5 problems in this map
well the .5: yellow has a shorter trail to cover to get to the middle.
The 1: Problem is that two colors win I didn't find which two colors set off the triger but might want to look into it.

The .5 problem isent a full points cause other colors can win but the map favors the yellow side over the rest
the 1 problem well I don't like this map cause of the .5 problem so it's what ever if you want to fix it.
trineroks
Chief Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes wonderer is right yellow always wins they have the easier path
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could someone fix the maps in the single player section their are many maps that are ((untitled maps)) ((that are blank)). They are made bye more then one map creater. Is their a reason for those maps or just to take up space?
being leader of viet pride.
Being the second highest poster on this forum.
Write many strategy.
Helping people and making people laugh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: