Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Problems with artificial score pumping
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Problems with artificial score pumping
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Multiplayer Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote we reset accounts.

If you have to a make a mini mod that can look in to the the every room made and games or ip adress to see who's doing it. And all the players that has anything to say about cheat they could go to him in stead of scottlu everytime. Iknow everyone sends you a poste about every liitle thing for some reason. So give the job to someone who cares even more about fair play.

Second vote 4 times perday. I like to play alot or give the anons to give points and take them away again. I need points too

being leader of viet pride.
Being the second highest poster on this forum.
Write many strategy.
Helping people and making people laugh.
kilik8880
Very Active User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so I have a solution for the "playing the same game cheat"

People complain about players playing one map over and over or one person over and over so here is my solution...

Say for example a 1500pt. Player keeps playing against another 1500pt. Player, each game the winner gets say 10pts. So what if you make it to where if you play the same map a given amount of times in a given span of time the rate of points that the winner receives declines per match on that map or with that player.

Ex: after the player plays the same map five times in a day the sixth time te winner will win 7pts rather than 10 and so on until it reaches 0.

Now this is just an example and can be adjusted but let me know what you guys think
ihatepies
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if u win vs same player da 3rd time or more stop giving points
ElectronicFlesh
Very Active User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you could check who has what accounts and is in a clan, and cross check it with other players in the clan and prevent those games from affecting ratings. So those in the same clan cannot gain points by playing each other Wink
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea that would be easy if we had the ip adress or we could just look at how many times they lost in a row.

Players create new accounts every day. So the best thing is just rest the account and let them gain back the points then rest again.

Write many strategy.
johnjones
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott
This is a contentious issue so you're going to have to make a call without 100% backing. The only real way to prevent this happening is 1 ID per device. The score limiting you suggested will only slow it down, not prevent it. If you reset scores manually then you'll need a full time "police force" to keep up with things and stop the score pumping.

The pros of one ID per device are:
1. It will avoid "artificial score pumping"
2. This is likely to bring average scores down and will make the leaderboard more accessible to new players... currently new players have no chance of getting on the leaderboard
3. The leaderboard will be a truer reflection on actual ability because people can't take on the best players and new maps using a second ID
4. Clan members can play each other without fear of being accused of cheating
5. It would stop people posing as others and being rude in the game or forum.

The cons are:
1. People can't have more than 1 ID for different purposes (e.g. a second clan ID or map testing ID)
I can't think of anymore.

Hopefully the above is a reasonably fair summary but you guys are welcome to correct me with things I've not thought of.

In my opinion the pros outweigh the cons but others will disagree so it's your call Scott. I'm a bit concerned that if nothing is done then the game will struggle to encourage new players to create an ID because it's so hard to get on the leaderboard... getting to 2000 points takes a lot for a newbie
BrianBSHS
Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly feel that we should reset everyone's score and start over, it's gotten to the point where there are a good number of players that understand and know how to play. Not only that, but I, again, honestly feel that clan members should not benefit from beating another clan member. This will promote clans strategizing with each other to get better while equally and inversely contributing to the decrease in score boosting. Everyone says no clan hopping or double clanning, and this will help both of those out tremendously.
Clan leaders will be required to submit a detailed list of their clan members making sure not to exclude one. Afterwords, each member will be placed on a list in their clan's forum page. Players on the same list will not benefit from beating other clan members and vice versa. IN order to remove a clan member from the clan, a pm From Both the Member and the Leader will be sent to Scott.
If the player is seen boosting other players from their former clan, it can be pinged early and reversed.

Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way: 1. Reset all acc's
2. Everyone onlyone acc

It is really so, for example warkilla is a really bad player, but he is in the top 10 Shocked

iamlegend
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True that Brian reset all ACC total New leaderboard with only One ACC pro ip
kilik8880
Very Active User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am down with reseting all of the leaderboard although my rating is high, brianis right rhe clan member should only rank when they are on the same team but if they are against they should gain no points. That will actually benefit is. WHY?

Because it allows us to plan strategies and not worry about rank, or pumping.
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol warkilla is kinda good he dervers to be up their but not a topplayer lol.
He's good up if we beat him like I did he well just boost up his points. The same night.

Will reset all accounts every so often.
Yea make list to so show how far we have gotton on the leaderboard.
But show it on the stats not the leader board

Atleast let use have two main ID's (let me make a new one if you do)

aww iforgot the rest. I been on here for 10mins watching tv tring to rember.

Write many strategy.
valicious
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resetting the accounts won't be a good solution. It will favor those who love ganging up on other players and that will put their players further up there. I'm sure those who do it will definitely be happy about the reset.

I do think that one of the best solutions is to limit the same maps played per day to 2 or 3 per player. Then perevent the clan members from playing against each other, they can play as allies but not against each other since that is what's causing all of these troubles in the first place. I personally don't care too much about the reset but if and when it's done, I can assure you that there will be repercussions. I'm absolutely sure that a lot of players will be angered by it. Sure some players players cheated, but should those who didn't do it and worked really hard to get up there be punished for the actions of a few? Do you guys know the saying "it's better to let a criminal go than to punish the innocent?"

In the end it's all up to Scott. The real question is, is it worth all this? It's much ado about nothing.

wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

of course players would get mad but the bit would stop trying so hard to boost theit rank it would be pointless. since we dont want to ban every cheater. if every so often the leaderboard would crash and rest all acounts. new players would have a chance to raise their ranks. and one day be a topplayer for a few days.

I know that the topplayers aka javas would have to play more so they might not like the resting of the ranks. if they would still want to be on top.

im sure im not the only one that notices the javas poking their heads in just so the game wont start taking their points away playing like one or two games and leaving for a long period of time.

Write many strategy.
N@TE
Chief Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Yes for score reset Reply with quote

Alright I say yes for score resetting. This would fix all problems with the current cheating stats. The laederboard would be messed up for a week or two, but after a couple weeks it will show who's good and who's not. The only way to completely solve this is to have each person with only 1 ID, even though I would prefer 2, and to not have clan members play each other. The problem with the clan members not being able to play each other is that it will discourage people to join clans. I also prefer a little in-clan practice, but that will now have to be done with anonization. Please let the clan members be on a team with 2v2 though. It's sad we won't be able to do certain things anymore because of cheaters.
As for the second paragraph of what Brian was saying, I don't really get it. Why would Scott have to be involved in removing clan members? That's a clan leader's job, not an admin's. That's apart of what a clan leader does. Only the clan leader should sent Scott a pm whenever someone joins or gets removed from the clan.

wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we all have 1 or 2 ID's then it would bring out the anons and we wouldnt get more points. with the whole nutral thing.
Write many strategy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Multiplayer Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: