Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Air Units
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Air Units
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:59 pm    Post subject: Air Units Reply with quote

Lets have some air units! Something like the units in Starcraft, like Wraiths Valkyries and BattleCruisers, and especially dropships. Lets have the broadswords and the infantries be the only ones able to attack air units.

Dropships would be nice, perhaps too nice... to balance it out, lets have fuel for them and they can only carry one vehicle or two infantries at a time. Disable having the Dominions climb into them.

Wraiths would only have lasers, with ATS and no ATA.

Valkyries would be ATA with Anti Air missiles.

Battlecruisers would be the most powerful, but lets say that they are too heavy to suspend in air and always have to have a support follow them. The support would transfer power wirelessly... But of course the reciever would be too big to be put on the wraiths valks or dropships.

These would be some killer improvements.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think air units would be cool too, especially wraiths and dropships.

[quote]Lets have the broadswords and the infantries be the only ones able to attack air units.[/quote]

What are broadswords?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
crakerz
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are kidding, right, DBZ? The T-29 Broadsword? That and the SR-98 Eagle are the two "basic" vehicles you are first allowed to create.

(You're slipping! Very Happy )

DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that what that is? Wow...I am slipping...I have an excuse though, I nver use those...EVER! The only time I use them is in the missions who HAVE (where you can't build anything better) to.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
crakerz
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I use both. First, there are some missions where I can't wait for the R&D upgrade - I need units NOW! Also, the Eagle is a great little scout - very fast and expendable (that means cheap). And the Broadsword is only slightly more than the Rocketeer, but more effective in some sitz. Just as Guards are better for killing personnel than Rocketeers. Anyway, I like to have a broad (no pun intended) range of units available for the mission. Idea
Stemnin
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Battlecruisers would be the most powerful, but lets say that they are too heavy to suspend in air and always have to have a support follow them. The support would transfer power wirelessly...

Battlecruiser with wireless support? plz no....... need some spellcasters! sci vessels and arbiters (or cloaking, teleporting units (chrono dudes for c&c red 2)

Maybe in WI 2 (or an expansion), find the alien-evil dudes and must develop new techs to defeat em! just a thought...

http://www.assortedweirdness.com/cheddartrix/archives/000708.php
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:03 am    Post subject: Air Units Reply with quote

What about an air unit you can't directly control? For example you build an air base, which in turn builds air units. (very expensive, as any Blackhawk helicopter or F-111 fighter would be) To use these units, you could either (a) tap and hold on a soldier in the field to bring up the call in air support option (the tap-and-hold would become available once the air base is built) or (b) tap on the units themselves as they sit in the airstrip. In either case, (I lean a little towards option a) the units would take off and fly directly to where they had been directed, drop their payload, and head back to the base with all speed. The attack would be powerful (maybe a carpet bomb?) but could be offset by low hit points, as any aircraft would be fragile. The attack could be countered with rocket troopers and infantry, though rocket troopers would have the best effect. In addition, there would also be a "reload/refuel" time between airstrikes, to keep power-greedy players from calling in nine or ten back-to-back airstrikes with one lonely trooper.
Mexz
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That isnt a bad idea:)

Unofficial Level Sharing website
wardog
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Units Reply with quote

PhillipEarl wrote:
What about an air unit you can't directly control? For example you build an air base, which in turn builds air units. (very expensive, as any Blackhawk helicopter or F-111 fighter would be) To use these units, you could either (a) tap and hold on a soldier in the field to bring up the call in air support option (the tap-and-hold would become available once the air base is built) or (b) tap on the units themselves as they sit in the airstrip. In either case, (I lean a little towards option a) the units would take off and fly directly to where they had been directed, drop their payload, and head back to the base with all speed. The attack would be powerful (maybe a carpet bomb?) but could be offset by low hit points, as any aircraft would be fragile. The attack could be countered with rocket troopers and infantry, though rocket troopers would have the best effect. In addition, there would also be a "reload/refuel" time between airstrikes, to keep power-greedy players from calling in nine or ten back-to-back airstrikes with one lonely trooper.

AWESOME IDEA - JUST LIKE IN C&C - red alert - ME LIKEY!!!!!!! please please please include in WI2!!!!

Stemnin
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Option (a) sounds great! i dont think ive seen that in a RTS game.

http://www.assortedweirdness.com/cheddartrix/archives/000708.php
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've played C&C, you've seen it, everyone has it (except Tiberium Sun, I believe that does not have it, "directly." IE, there is the ion cannon that GDI has and the missles that NOD has and in the expansion there is the space drop pods).

I think there should definitaly be a WFI for sure though, there are so many things that they could add (grouping units, building walls, air units, medical units, rally points, being more than one race/team, etc.) to make it even better.

kcubed
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: OK, If we're talking drop ships! Reply with quote

Let's go back to that SQUISH thing. How about drop BULLPUPS. I bet as heavy as those suckers are they could take out an HR Center or other buildings if DROPPED from the right height. Now were not talking about squishing units by driving over them. Let's drop heavy objects from above.
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squishing whould be added as well, but I am not sure exactly what you mean...?
rosskoepke
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's talking about using a bullpup as a building bomb. His idea was to put a bullpup in a dropship, fly it over an HQ, and drop it on the HQ. Rolling Eyes

Devs...please remember there are certain ideas you do NOT want to include, even if some customers think that it would be really "cool".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dido
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: