Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - FootWar Riots [FWR]
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

FootWar Riots [FWR]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do jao (you) like this map?
Yes
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
No
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

JAO
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:35 am    Post subject: FootWar Riots [FWR] Reply with quote

Descriptions:
Inspired by American Football. These (1v1) multi-player maps are like playing Football. Only this is WAR! Hence "FOOTWAR," the RIOTS comes in when all hell breaks loose. Kind of like at those infamous international Soccer games when the fans goes crazy and mob the field. Laughing

Bonus* 2v2 FootWar Riots now ready for action. Each team gets an offensive and defensive formations. Just like the real Football, the offensive line goes against the defensive line.

Author:
JAO

History:
05/18/2010-Added FFA I-Formations
05/13/2010-Added 2v2 I-Formations
03/27/2010-Added another 2v2 map: FWR Cyclops & Raiders, 1v1 maps with spawning Andies, Andies move up to Defender setting.
03/14/2010-Team, 2v2, and FFA maps will no longer spawn Andies after galaxites are all mined- due to resigned players will still spawn Andies.
03/12/2010-Last and final upgrades and fixes. There will be an Alert on the bottom left of your screen when the counterdown timer reaches 0:00 and disappear.
03/10/2010-Added countdown time of 6:00 minutes game time (3:00 minutes real time) for those that wants to "wuzz" out to avoid any lost of points.
03/01/2010-Expanded Andy spawning field to eliminate the possibilities that Andies might not spawn due to no spaces left.
02/28/2010-Added preserve trigger for Spawning Andy group when all galaxites are gone for each side, because units will not spawn if your side already MAX out in units built.
02/25/2010-Added 2v2 FootWar Riots!
02/24/2010-Added Special Teams map.
02/23/2010-Added Nickel Defenses map
02/22/2010-Finalize I-Formations, minimap is alot smaller now.
02/21/2010-Warehouse, Advance Bullpup & landscapings, also the whole map is defog.
02/20/2010-Finished designing "FootWar Riots"
02/19/2010-Initial concept started.

Number of Players:
2 (1v1)

FootWar Riots Pkg.pdb
 Description:
FWR I-Formations (1v1, 2v2 & FFA). FWR Nickel Defenses. FWR Special Teams. 2v2 FWR (Liberators, Raiders & Cyclops) .

Download
 Filename:  FootWar Riots Pkg.pdb
 Filesize:  42.74 KB
 Downloaded:  1912 Time(s)

Last edited by JAO on Tue May 18, 2010 3:12 pm; edited 52 times in total
JAO
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:22 pm    Post subject: Need Glitches Fix on my Map. Reply with quote

As far as I can tell, I have done everything correctly to the best of my knowledge. After playing the map, there are 2 issues I would like to address on my map that I do not know how to fix.

1) The mini map on the bottom right is way too LARGE as compared to BoT mini map.

2) The processors seems to lock up after awhile. It does not want to except any more galaxites, even though my cash is empty. Could this be a glitch because I do not allow any storage to be built. As far as I know, if a processor has reached its max limits, the garage door are open, but this is close.

galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those r interesting glitches, did u restrict how bug the map is? That might make the map bigger otherwise I have no clue how a minimal can change in size, as for the processors do u have any mining triggers with time limits? If u do I think that could be the problem.
JAO
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is a mining trigger, I did not touch it.

Mini map on the bottom right has been resize. I fixed it by resizing the "Boundary" of the building map from 62x62 (WxH) to 62x42 (modeling this after BoT).

Warehouses can be built now, to see if the processors will keep on accepting Bullpup.

I Defog the whole map, so that each players can see the "FootWar" field. The build area inside the wall is design to imitate the field goal area.

Units are limited because it is a small map, to keep the game from ending under 3 real time minutes, which is about 6 minutes at 2X game speed.

This map won't play on for hours. Upgraded VT gets an upgraded Bullpups increase speed to max as fast as the Eagles. Upgraded HR gets Rocketmen.

Enjoy! I'm working on a Desert theme, "Nickel Defense" Formations on the same "FootWar Riots" playing field concept.

[JAO]-(_8(I)
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tested and proven to be working just fine.

After galaxites have been all mined, bullpup can not find galaxites will trigger 20 Andies to spawn for both sides on I-Formations. The preserve trigger will keep on recycling until 20 Andies have been spawn near the HQ.

The 20 Andies are set on PITBULL mode and will automatically seek and destroy the enemies. **Your Andy might not spawn if all of your bullpup has been destroyed, or your units built have been maxed to the limit already, or the space where Andy is suppose to spawn is full (I will expand that area to eliminate this).**

Conclusion: My triggers work, when all galaxites have been mine, 20 Andies will spawn. This is a JAO feature to keep the game from dragging on forever. Every map design by JAO will have this feature, all of them should work the same way, unless I overlook something.

Enjoy! Cool
LawrenceA
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:39 am    Post subject: Re: Need Glitches Fix on my Map. Reply with quote

JAO wrote:

2) The processors seems to lock up after awhile. It does not want to except any more galaxites, even though my cash is empty. Could this be a glitch because I do not allow any storage to be built. As far as I know, if a processor has reached its max limits, the garage door are open, but this is close.

iv heard that this only happens when the unit limit has been reached, this causes the new bullups or new processors to not react with one another, those that were created before the unit limit was reached will continue to operate normally, I hope I just fixed that problem, and it appears to be a generic glitch, cheers Smile

galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the andys can still spawn with the area being smaller.

Last edited by galm on Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
JAO
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Galm, either way Andy will spawn. Just as long as your units are not max out already. Plus with the preserved trigger, Andy will keep on spawning 20 at a time everytime a bullpup goes into the processor and comes out triggering the bullpup can't find galaxites.

Although this feature was design to end the game and not create a stalemate, it will actually create the very scenario of finite plays that I was trying to avoid. Luckily, this scenario will not be reached, 99.9% of the time the game will end before any galaxites will be totally gone or even if it does, there should be so much battling going on someone surely will be demolished.

JAO
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No more preserve trigger for Andy Spawn. Also they are set on Defender mode NOT Pitbull now.

Bullpup increase speed never did work. I try to play around with the triggers but it was getting too complicated.

LawrenceA
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey jao, I figered out how to use pvars and they're basically advanced triggers, not as glamarous as I thought they would be Smile
JAO
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, what does it do?
LawrenceA
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can do stuff like counting the number of times a unit goes somewhere, or they can change your rank ect
JAO
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

am...ok, I'll leave that alone for now.

Well, folks, I think I am a compulsive updater with my maps or I'm just a perfectionist. After playing Nickel defense, I notice that there were 2 missing wall link on the bottom left map where the mini map is.

I have to fix that for sure, so nobody can build underneath the mini-map. On top of it all, I have down graded all Andy from Pitbull to Defender to now Self-Defense. For the purpose of being able to control them and not having them running loose all over the place.

Wish me luck, this should be the final upgrades for FootWar Riots, perfection has been achieved.
Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: