Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Wish List
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Wish List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asdf797
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Wish List Reply with quote

This is a great game. I have identified some features I would love
to see - sorry if some of these are in the game and I missed them
skimming through the help docs.

Random mission - start computer & human with same team config, random map, and let them battle it out.

More weapons - strategic gameplay can get a bit dull without more weapons. Ideas:

1) Really slow, really powerful weapon (maybe a high explosive bomb that has to be rolled into place, and will explode when fired upon, risking your own troups?)

2) Vulnerable, long-range rocket launcher

3) Troop with low armor, low power, fast speed as scout

4) More fortress/defence weapons/features

5) Stealthy troups with low armor that can sneak up on enemies with a reduced probability of being detected (but not a zero probability)

Better group on group combat? I will keep reading forums, but I find that when I direct a group of units to another point to fight they don't seem to spread out and attack the group very intelligently?

Better cut scenes and graphics for the people. Some simple 3D renderings would fit much better than the cartoon-ish graphics

Mission editor - let's start adding some new missions from the user community. To spur this on, Handmark could have a cash award and a competition for the best user mission(s)

Allow the game clock to run at a "turbo" mode (configurable, perhaps defaulting to 100) that breaks to standard speed (e.g. 12.5) when a shot is fired. Sometimes it would be nice to let things build/move at high speed but slow as soon as a threat is seen

More differentiation between standard and rocket troops - they are hard to tell apart on my screen

Construction units - rather than have things self-repair, it would perhaps be more realistic to have construction units that have to travel to the damaged building and fix them. If these construction units are destroyed then your buildings could not be repaired until new construction units are built.

Click on any unit to get information on it. Early on, it was easy to forget what each unit was, what it did, its armor/weaponry/etc

Configurable zoom in/out

Background music - basic march and drum battle music might be a nice addition. More variety on the speech would also be nice.

Trenches that troups can cross but most if not all units cannot cross
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of the topics you said sound really cool!

...But remember, if Spiffcode implemented all the features that we say they should, we wouldn't be playing warfare.

We'd be playing starcraft.

Anyway, I have a few ideas to add to the wish list!

- Air units(Discussed in another thread)
- Grouping(Discussed in another thread)
- Fog of War(Where you dont know whats going on in a place that you are currently not positioned)
- Two units combining(Like in Advance Wars)
- Light sabers!!! (JK)
- More weapons
- Fuel and ammo
- A commander unit(Not like andy, but like a customizable tank which cannot be killed. Like a main character of a scenario.)

Some examples of a customizable tank would be where you have like maybe 1000 galaxite crystals and you have a few choices for a body shape (Perhaps you could choose something like the tanks that are already there, or if we can get a program that lets us make our own tanks' frames), and you can have a primary weapon and maybe secondary. After that you can choose if you want wheels(high acceleration and speed) or hovering(low acceleration, high speed, able to go over things). Then however much galaxite you have left would be spent on the armor.

- Repairable units! Lets have some sort of factory that hooks up the the VTS that vehicles can go into to get repaired for 1/2 the price that it costed to construct them.
- Day and night
- Rations for the infantries(default, food lasts maybe a week) and then a sort of vehicle (or transport air unit, if you read the other thread on air units) can bring them supplies.
- Satellites where you deploy one for an insane amount of cash (20,000 to 50,000 would be nice) that when deployed can look at a circle of map (About ten to twenty squares height and width, but less diagonal(To make a circle))
- Missile launchers that can build small missiles to fire from your base, but the missiles would require an extra type of mineral (Maybe something under rivers(To make it hard to get)) to build. Maybe the missile launchers could shoot down the satellites.
- Elevation, where you cant shoot someone who is higher than you, but they can shoot you. I mean, what's the point of being on a mountain if it's not a strategic spot to shoot from?

I'm drained of ideas. Spiffcode, please consider these!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, more races would always be welcome. Or maybe this:

(I think it mentioned somewhere that ACME purchases units from OMNI)(???)

"One day, ACME broke off of the OMNI dependance of units and created entirely new ones, with some as almost exact copies of the OMNI ones. Now each side has entirely different units. One day OMNI invented a magnetic ray that permanently disabled machinery's computers, and then OMNI would drag the disabled unit back to their HQ. They would gain intel and do research on the captured tank, and make copies of it for themselves. But most of the time, the copied ones were not as good as the original ones because data could not be copied from the computers of the captured tanks. So the captured type would not be as effective as the same type which is owned on the other side. ACME copied this "tank copying" technology and began to use it often in the fields of battle. Now both sides have a lot of different tanks to choose from. Some were originally from ACME, some from OMNI.

Then the free radicals come. Same story with them, they do the same thing"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: