Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Palm 125
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Palm 125

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yaamen
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:53 pm    Post subject: Palm 125 Reply with quote

I run Warfare Inc on my Palm M125 and it runs fantastic. The sound is great too (the biggest surprise to me Smile ) and it doesn't slow down at all. I have read through alot of these posts and have seen lots of complaints that people's Palm T is too slow. Weird. The game runs perfect on my 125 and I do not use an accelerator. Also, out of it's 8Meg memory, I only have about 500k free. I don't use SD cards either.

I guess I'm just wondering WHY the more advanced Palms are seen as too slow for some? I assume it's because you're running the game in color and probably in hi-res.

Either way, this is truly a great game and I'm glad to have found a forum to talk about it!

Wink
claxbane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear Smile
Gemini7
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:26 pm    Post subject: m515 - T3 Reply with quote

I originally ran Warfare on a m515.... just got a T3..... you have no idea how different it is.
claxbane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have an inkling Smile
gstrand
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what's the resolution and processor speed on an inkling?

Couldn't resist.

-G
Typhoon
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing good one.
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

claxbane was the in-house lead tester of Warfare and is currently ranked #1 in the world in the imaginary Warfare Player Proficiency Test. He spent many an hour testing on the m515 and probably remembers it very fondly Smile
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Palm 125 Reply with quote

[quote="yaamen"]I run Warfare Inc on my Palm M125 and it runs fantastic. The sound is great too (the biggest surprise to me Smile ) and it doesn't slow down at all. I have read through alot of these posts and have seen lots of complaints that people's Palm T is too slow. Weird. The game runs perfect on my 125 and I do not use an accelerator. Also, out of it's 8Meg memory, I only have about 500k free. I don't use SD cards either.

I guess I'm just wondering WHY the more advanced Palms are seen as too slow for some? I assume it's because you're running the game in color and probably in hi-res.

Either way, this is truly a great game and I'm glad to have found a forum to talk about it!

Wink[/quote]

There are several reasons why. One, the T|T has a screen of 320*320, which is 4 times bigger than the 160*160 screen the m125 has. Also, the T|T is in color, so that also adds to the stress on the processor. Also, the T|T has advnaced/real sounds, instead of beeps and such, which is also a result of the slow downs (which is not very often, I usually never have slow downs unless I have about 25+ units, and it does not slow down that much). Yes, the T|T processor is much bigger than the m125 processor, but it still has lots to do.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
claxbane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The major reason that the newer palms run the game at a slower rate is because they are ARM based devices emulating 68k version. There will likely be some major improvements to this area with the multiplayer release of WI
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: