Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Laggy unit selection
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Laggy unit selection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twin_Pixel
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:18 am    Post subject: Laggy unit selection Reply with quote

I just wanted to point out that the selection of units is a bit choppy (just as with the menus). I'm playing on a Tungsten T3, and despite what people say about the patch, it does not solve the problem.

It's not a major problem, but it is indeed irritating.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
claxbane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we'll look into it.
Twin_Pixel
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I just overclocked my Tungsten T3 to 588 MHz with PXA Clocker, and the unit selection problem disappeared, along with the choppy menus.

Still though, if it lags on a non-clocked 400 MHz Tungsten T3, I can just imagine how bad it works on a 200 MHz Sony CLIÉ.

It shouldn't need around 600 MHz to work flawlessly, should it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is something different about the T3, most likely video ram speed. If you play on a Tungsten C, also 400mhz, you'll see it's very very fast.

Some units with slower cpus have fast video ram access, and in some cases appear faster than units with faster cpus but slower video ram access.

If it's too slow for you, you can install htdata816.pdb and run at full-screen low-res (160x240, accessible from the Display option), which will will have 1/4th the pixels to update.

Twin_Pixel
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="scottlu"]There is something different about the T3, most likely video ram speed. If you play on a Tungsten C, also 400mhz, you'll see it's very very fast.

Some units with slower cpus have fast video ram access, and in some cases appear faster than units with faster cpus but slower video ram access.

If it's too slow for you, you can install htdata816.pdb and run at full-screen low-res (160x240, accessible from the Display option), which will will have 1/4th the pixels to update.[/quote]

Well, I'd rather overclock my T3 to 588 MHz and play. Then everything runs smoothly.
Steven
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my 33mhz m505 is plenty smooth, just a bit hard to see everything though, but it's beter than you'd expect, this game is awesome, can i say that enough!?!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: