Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Lost sheep report
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Lost sheep report

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rjpatrick2
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:19 pm    Post subject: Lost sheep report Reply with quote

I was told to report scenarios that the soldiers go the wrong way. well here goes.

m:7
as i advance on the FR i come down the path to the right. i build a chain of generators so that i may build a battery of towers at their front door and pick them off before they get too far. as i try to reinforce the troops, i like to pack them in behind the towers so the towers get the FR's attention 1st then my troops sweep in before the do too much damage to my towers. when i try to pull them back or reinforce they do their thing "RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!" towards the camp. again occuring in the presence of many structures in a confined space. I'll keep you posted as i test the replayablity of this game.

claxbane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job. Well definately look into that. Keep us posted with any other cases similar to this one and see if you can determine a common element like... you are telling them to go around a land area but you clicked on the wall instead of an area that you can actually move too.

Thanks for the help. It is much appreciated.

rjpatrick2
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one thing i did notice is that immediatley behind my towers is a galaxite field and separating the two is a ridge. there is probably one generator's worth of space behind my towers before you get to the ridge. i feel confident that i was clicking that area, 'cause i did it so many times, but when i click somewhere farther up-stream or down-stream they respond correctly. that brings to mind the addition of a stop button, so i can overshoot my target area, and when they reach the point i want them to be, i can stop them, instead of having them dance back and forth.
Twin_Pixel
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the hard buttons could be used as a stop button, along with an on-screen one. Presently, Calendar and Contacts are bound to scroll left while Tasks and Notes are used for scrolling right (in landscape mode).

There's however no need for these to be like that, since I use the 5-way navigator to scroll around.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
rjpatrick2
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a sony nx70v, so i have no use for the hard buttons (they are not visible with the screen flipped around.) they have corrected this design flaw on the newer models, though. i just can't seem to make myself fork out another $600 for and updated PDA with a better digital camera...and more memory....and a beefed up hinge....hmmmm, perhaps i should reconsider my position. any body want to buy an nx70v - only dropped once.
claxbane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

these are some good ideas. I know the programmers have considered some different uses of the hard buttons. We will just have to see what wins out Smile
davids
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also noticed situations where the units refuse to go where you indicate - but can't remember the details.

However, one more general problem I've noticed is that if your units have two paths from location to destination, they are awfully dumb about guessing which path you mean. Perhaps the game could improve on its analysis. It doesn't even appear to select the shortest path, but sometimes it decides that your units should just "wander past" live enemy towers.

I suggest that if there are two routes, and one "wanders past" live enemy towers, it's probably not the one the strategist intended for the units to take Smile

A good example of this is in M13. A unit sitting in the big galaxite field and directed to go to the top right corner of the map can go there directly via the path to the far right, but instead wanders through the enemy camp via entrance with towers.

You can get them to do the right thing by directing them to a way-point first, but it would be nice if they tended not to assume insane interpretations of your orders to start with.
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you guys report problems you should put which device you have, it makes it easier, because some devices don't have the same problems as others.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
claxbane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info. As usual it will go on the list, and be addressed as quickly as possible.
rosskoepke
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know how I can take a screenshot on a Tungsten E? There's a huge problem on M7 in the lower left corner that I need a pic to explain.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Pathdoc
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="rosskoepke"]Does anyone know how I can take a screenshot on a Tungsten E? There's a huge problem on M7 in the lower left corner that I need a pic to explain.[/quote]

Try screenshot 2.1. Download it from:
[url]http://www.linkesoft.com/screenshot/[/url]

American Red Cross
rosskoepke
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks pathdoc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rosskoepke
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, it doesnt work. The colors get really screwed up with ScreenShot 5.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: