Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Single/Double Tap and other suggestions
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Single/Double Tap and other suggestions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hobbes
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Single/Double Tap and other suggestions Reply with quote

Hi. I'd like to start off by saying that i simply love this game.

IPOD TOUCH

Basic problem: clicking on ground forces the army to move despite under attack.

Result: a lot of dead good guys.

Suggestion: enable a single or double click mechanism in the game.

Single click: attack move (units will fire within range, while moving to destination)

Double click: move (units will ignore enemy fire and continue to destination)

Basic problem: army does not target enemy buildings automatically.

Suggestion: allow units to automatically target enemy buildings (as they do with units)

Basic problem: Having difficulties clicking on the minimap. Because edge is so thin, if i'm trying to look at the corner of the map, i often click to far to the edge and it reads it as a troop movement. Not a big deal, but a little frustrating when you're trying to run a window screen full of units to a location.

Suggestion: thicker contour? Also, i'd like to see an option in the menu that allows you to place the minimap on different corners of the screen.

That's it for now. I hope these are useful ideas.

Oh, by the way. Wouldn't mind seeing a faster speed option. At x8 it feels just the same as 4x on my ipod, and i'd like to see my little tanks move a bit faster than they currently do.

Also, consider making a [chat] button near the menu button for the multiplayer. One can just click that and type like he would in the browser and press enter to send it. Consider also (if possible) a mechanism that lets you select between allied chat or all chat.

Anyway, love the game, looking forward to the multiplayer portion of it. Best of luck to the programmers.

thank you for your time.

Hobbes

I have another idea, but i'll draw a sketch first so you can see how simple it is but basically it consists of a way to assign unit groups (i think at least 4 unit group selections would greatly improve gameplay for the multiplayer portion).

Last edited by hobbes on Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
idioticfuse
Very Active User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed
hobbes
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my idea for control groups, movable map and chat.

In the top left image you see 4 buttons on top (and the chat button near the menu). Button 1 is highlighted. That is the control group currently selected.

In the top right image you can see the map re-arranged to ones preference. It would be nice to choose among all four sides in the options screen. Being a hardcore starcraft player, i'm used to seeing my minimap at the bottom left. If you've played warcraft 2, you might remember it was on the top left. This really all goes by preference.

Bottom left picture is chat obviously. The game doesn't have to pause. It will run in the background. KEEP YOUR MESSAGES SHORT or you'll lose too much time and your opponent will have a big advantage.

Bottom right picture is the sent message function, which will show the screen name in the color of the player, and the text. This is a conceptual idea, and the text could be any color that would prove to be most visible. Keep in mind that the text looks horrible because these images have low pixel definition. Chat message should disappear after a certain amount of time (6-8 seconds enough?).

How the control groups work.

ASSIGN a group: Select any number of units and hold down (half a second?) one of the control group buttons. When you hear the "ready" soundbyte, the group will be assigned to selected button.

SINGLE TAP (on an assigned control group button): selects the group of units assigned to that button.

DOUBLE TAP: Center the camera on that control group. If some of the units are very far apart (example: at 2 opposite corners), the camera will focus at the midpoint between all the selected units.

Just a reminder of my previous idea that could be included along with this:

SINGLE TAP (on the screen): selected units attack-move to that location, firing at any enemy (unit or building) within range.

DOUBLE TAP: force selected units to move to location ignoring enemy fire.
hobbes
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like? dislike?

Oh...and is it possible to include Fog of War for the multiplayer update? Or the following? I would be to easy to do an early scout of the entire map and then just prepare myself in response to whatever my opponent will be doing.

Another enhancement would be graphical. Not that it needs any quality improvement for my taste, but i feel that some of the units look too similar to tell apart. For example the anti tank and the anti infantry upper level tanks are hard to distinguish.

I like that the "building stealer" has a bit of yellow to distinguish him from other infantry.
hobbes
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobody...nobody cares to share what they think?

Worth REmontioning: FOG of WAR

Additional thought in general: More galaxite per square..meaning it takes more than a couple of bullpup sweeps to clear one full square of galaxite. Make it so a square will last several trips, that way it will require less galaxite to be placed on maps, but at the same time it will last longer (for longer lasting matches) (look at starcraft mineral gathering system for example).

Additional thought for skirmish + multiplayer: REPLAY MODE Very Happy Allowing you to watch and save game replays (look at starcraft and warcraft 3 to understand what i mean).
Area_51_official
Very Active User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are all great, thanks for sharing. I hope the appropriate parties are looking at this. I think a lot of these changes are already being considered in future releases.

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hobbes
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope so. I think the primary issue to address is the attack/move thing. The hot keying and the user interface rotator are more of a luxury thing, but would really feel great.
hobbes
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to bump this, i'd just like to hear from the devs if there's any place in the future for these concepts.
remoon101
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Waiting Reply with quote

I am waiting for the supposed update in the future (can't say near, some of the numerous requests are seriously going to change it and will take work)

AI needs work and so does the numerous control and especially the move+attack function.

I am sure that some of these, the players can without and still pwn anons out there but it would help, as soon as the devs finish.

I really cant add more, so many topics and replies to the issues and improvements of WI

-My sword is the T-29 Broadsword, balanced for attack and defense, easy to use in crushing thrusts or turning aside enemy blows. Once your guard is down and your units swept aside, your buildings crumble under salvos of mortar fire-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: