Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Game enhancements
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Game enhancements

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rkanter
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: Game enhancements Reply with quote

First, it is one of the best games I have played on a Palm. That said I have few suggestions for future versions.

Make units more distinguishable - can't tell a raider from a guard. Likewise for some of the vehicles.

Found the game somewhat simple to defeat. No specific suggestions, just more difficult. Took me about two weeks to complete playing on average 30 minutes a day.

Units need stay and patrol commands. They tend to wonder off too easily.

More units as you progress. Races should have different weapons/units and allow the player to select which units(race) to control.

Add more terrain - some for looks others that are functional - ice, water, etc.

Troop movement was a little buggy - I could move a vehicle onto a spot but when I tried to move a guard it would go around to the other side of the mountain and stop. No where near what I selected. This was on the first level that had the replicator. It was the top left sensor. If it matters I am playing on a Tung. C. I had similar problems on other levels.

That's it for now
Thanks,
-Ron
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game has several difficulties to paly on, most likely you were playing on normal. Also, the trrops are very distinguishable, I have never had a problem, especially with vehicles.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rkanter
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try the different levels. Ideally, what I was looking for was to attack only when attacked then return to starting position. Also, the vehicle I have problems distinguishing between are the liberator and hydra. I find the all the personnel difficult to distinguish.
Thanks,
-Ron
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Liberator and Hydra are completly different. I never have problems, but I guess some people might.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rkanter
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I tried the advanced level and they still wonder off when attacked. Am I missing something.
claxbane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="rkanter"]Well, I tried the advanced level and they still wonder off when attacked. Am I missing something.[/quote]

because of the limitations of a PDA type devices a choice had to be made about how units behaved. It was decided that it would be more desirable to have units respond to being attacked and risk getting lured away then have them stay put and do nothing.

rkanter
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be possible to have them respond to an attack but then return to their starting position.
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like that too, that is one thing that bugs me. I will put a huge army of guys at each entrance to my base, then start building up my attack force. I will hear and see the enemy attack every once in a while. The next thing I know, all of my defenses are getting wasted at their base, because everytime the enemy comes to attack, my guys move frathewr and father away from my base. This is the worst on levels like 13, where the base is right next to yours (and with lots of guard twoers too...).
claxbane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="rkanter"]Would it be possible to have them respond to an attack but then return to their starting position.[/quote]

That is an interesting approach to the problem. We will have to look into how that would affect the balance of the mission levels.

If we decided to add that as something for the multiplayer version, but leave the mission levels as they are, would that bother users?

I guess that leads naturaly to another question. How do users feel if the multiplayer version behaves differently then the mission levels. i.e. units behave differently, more features not avaliable for single player ect ect.

DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of games have more feature and new *weapons and vehicles* in multiplayer, or have different modes and different options/mods in multiplayer. IE, Halo for PC you can use a Flame Thrower and the new Alien gun, while in the single player version you cannot. You can also drive a Warthog with missle launchers and the alien Shade tank (along with flying Banshees in multiplayer, which you could not do in the X-Box version).

I think new units/buildings would be nice feature to add to the multiplayer version. Have several options to disable/enable with it though. One, have the option to turn the new buildings off, call it "advanced tehcnology." Also have a Tech level 1-10, where you can only build certain buildings and units depending on which level you choose (ten being the highest, and beeing able to build everything). Then, you would also have to make it so that if you mess with the tech level, it makes it so you can't enable the "advanced technology."

Twin_Pixel
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm also missing the go-attack-and-return-to-position feature. Just like DBZ-GOKU- said, units are often getting slaughtered in the enemy's base because of their willing to follow attackers.

Waypoints would be great as well. They'd fulfill the same purpose as the return-to-position feature. In fact, I find waypoints to be an even better solution to the problem, as I'm manually able to control where my units should be positioned. Cause, actually, sometimes I do want my units to follow attackers - just not when they supposed to be guarding my base.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SCFan42
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember in some odd PC RTS game there was a mode you could put units in, from standing still to chasing opponets all over. My favorite was setting it to defensive, where the units would chase the opponets for a short distance then return to their starting point. It'd probably be best to be able to set a default option and be able to change with each unit, like through holding down the pen on the unit to select a mode like with the dominion's transform.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: