Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Armagedon v1.3
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Armagedon v1.3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KiwiDude
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: What a mission! Reply with quote

[color=yellow]What a mission! I failed it twice before slowing the time down and focusing on controlling my bullpups.
Build slowly, establish second bases, keep the FRs at bay while you fight Omni (or vice versa).
Well done Keith, highly commended - its guys like you that make this game so much more than what it is![/color]
guitarist809
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abowooga
takayuki
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Victory at last! Reply with quote

Nice mission. It took me about ten tries and a million saves, but I finally finished it.

Enemy units destroyed: 820
Enemy buildings destroyed: 49
Credits acquired/spent: 198,850/198,850
Elapsed time: 1:50:35

A note to the developer: Please make another! Also, the auto-generating forces were particularly frustrating. Once the galaxite is gone and the money runs out, the opposition should not be able to create new units. At the end, the FR's kept regenerating and nearly wiped me out even though both sides were in a no money/galaxite situation. It wasn't until I took a different route (NE) that things went better.

That said, the auto-regeneration might be what makes this mission so good. It ain't easy to win. Excellent work. Smile

For those still stuck and can't finish:

Stop reading if you don't want to know how I managed to complete the mission. It may be construed as a spoiler even though all of this has been mentioned before.

If you are having trouble finishing the mission, the thing that helped me was once the initial SE base gets going, it's good to start another base due S, then from there attack the SW corner. (All mentioned before, and good advice imho.) Then once you've got the bottom of the board, send out large groups of hydras and liberators into the center to stake out galaxite spots. Once you send out large groups (ten or so) to protect certain areas, you can really mine a lot of galaxite. (Controlling the center really helped me.) I had ten or so bullpups and five processors. I needed about 300k in credits to build a sufficient army to take out omni and the FR's once the galaxite was gone. And even then I had 0 credits and three hydras left at the end.

Another thing mentioned before that I did not initally do: slow down the game. I used .66 speed.

takayuki
VDraygo
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: mission Reply with quote

Well, looking at all of these postings of successful winners. I guess it's beatable. I must have played about 30+ times and never totally defeated it. But, I didn't read any of the tips either. Some of those things I did anyway, but I haven't tried some of the others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: