Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Can Anyone Say Squish?
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Can Anyone Say Squish?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrpinkeye
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:53 am    Post subject: Can Anyone Say Squish? Reply with quote

Please don’t tell me I’m the only one who wants to use his vehicles to “squish” enemy ground units.
rjpatrick2
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would suggest that the unit being run-over would die instantly, unless you would run over them several times - and thats just down right twisted...heh heh. it seems that it would render the hit point system useless, as well the varying effectiveness of some units againts others. theoreticaly you could get a buttload of tanks and make tracks over all the peds. maybe your owns peds would get run over by your own tanks..... I dunno.

ps. enjoyed your cambridge study speach. pretty funny.

XboxJunkie101
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“squish”
Very Happy
lol
Very Happy
That is classic...
Very Happy
just in red alert

His not-so-secret ambition is to conquer the world and enslave all humans. He anointed himself St. Dogbert, and as such takes special delight in exorcising the demons of stupidity.
mrpinkeye
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was reverting back to my Command & Conquer roots, where peds stood no chance against vehicles. Instant death was the result should your foot clan find themselves in the path of a legion of turtle vans (enough ninja turtles references!!!). When it comes to your own guys, your vehicle crews are nice enough to not run over your own guys.
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggested this during the beta too. There are some instances where it drive me nuts when they have a bunch of rocket guys just wasting my tanks...I just want to go run them over (like in all the C&C games). All of the vehicles should be able to do it too, except teh Eagle Scouts. I say that, because they are faster than everything else and that would just make it cheap...plus in C&C it is like that too, the smaller vehicles, such as the Humvees (which reallly aren't small, but in the game...), cannot run over the guys.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rjpatrick2
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm glad someone finally said what c&c meant. i'm kinda a newbie to alot of these games. i've never played that one. i'll have to get it, check out what all this squish-squash is about. sounds fun!
claxbane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:39 pm    Post subject: to squish or not to squish. Reply with quote

[quote="rjpatrick2"]that would suggest that the unit being run-over would die instantly, unless you would run over them several times - and thats just down right twisted...heh heh. it seems that it would render the hit point system useless, as well the varying effectiveness of some units againts others. theoreticaly you could get a buttload of tanks and make tracks over all the peds. maybe your owns peds would get run over by your own tanks..... I dunno. quote]

I believe that the main reason that squishing was not included (despite many requests for it) was because the developers were trying to create a game where all the units were useful through the entire game. This means that even though you can build liberators, the rocket troopers still have a chance. If you could run over them, it wouldn't work out that way. It came down to a decision of how best to give players the most use of their units.

DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="rjpatrick2"]i'm glad someone finally said what c&c meant. i'm kinda a newbie to alot of these games. i've never played that one. i'll have to get it, check out what all this squish-squash is about. sounds fun![/quote]

Well, there are many C&C (Command and Conquer games...in order...):

C&C
C&C Covert Op's
C&C Red Alert
C&C Red Alert Aftermath
C&C Red alert Counterstrike
C&C Tiberium Sun
C&C Tiberium Sun Firestorm
C&C Red Alert 2
C$C Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge
C&C Renegade (not a strategy...first/3rd person shooter based off original C&C)
C&C Generals
C&C Generals Zero Hour

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have vehicles able to run over units... for a price. Either:

Have the infantries jam up the undersides and immobilize the vehicle for a few minutes

or

have the vehicles run over the infantry but HP is taken away depending on what unit it is.

Another good idea would be to have collisions.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The jamming idea wouldn't work, because they are hover tanks, if you look at the install screen. Now that I think about it, guys could just lay down and not get squashed anyways, depending on how far way the tank it from the ground.
guitarist809
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is an OLD post!!!
dancer402
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that units with the "squish" ability would be fun. Like bullpups or eagles just to even it out
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm not sure if this is true, but to hover, a vehicle needs to shoot air out at the ground. But to be able to shoot out air, the vehicle needs to be able to suck in air (like with a fan or something). If air is sucked in at the bottom, then the units that were run over can jam up the vehicle's floating.

(What a horrible death!)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
guitarist809
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verdagon wrote:
Well, I'm not sure if this is true, but to hover, a vehicle needs to shoot air out at the ground. But to be able to shoot out air, the vehicle needs to be able to suck in air (like with a fan or something). If air is sucked in at the bottom, then the units that were run over can jam up the vehicle's floating.

(What a horrible death!)

or if a guy is below a jumping car you would see blood go everywhere

make the blood fill up the whole fing screen Nothing but blood! I am a violent person!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha I feel retarted right now! I don't know what to do right now. My brother just "browned" lololol. ahhhhh! omg omg omg omg omg! Stop Browning!!!! My bannana just browned! what do I do??? AHHHH OMFG!!! HELP ME!!
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtf m8?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: