Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Triangulation
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Triangulation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dws90
Very Active User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Triangulation Reply with quote

In the ultimate act of defiance, Free Radicals forces are moving in on ACME's main base. Their goal is to deactivate an alien shield and capture Andy Whitmore.

Note: This is a two part mission. The first part contains the bulk of the operation, and the second part contains Warfare Incorporated's first ever true boss fight.

Author
dws90

History:
1.0: First Version, July 27th
1.1: Lowered difficulty, July 29th

Triangulation.pdb
 Description:
In the ultimate act of defiance, Free Radicals forces are moving in on ACME's main base. Their goal is to deactivate an alien shield and capture Andy Whitmore.

Download
 Filename:  Triangulation.pdb
 Filesize:  8.85 KB
 Downloaded:  15144 Time(s)

Last edited by dws90 on Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jazz3D1
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the concept, but you are killing me with the spawning of the unit groups. I have not been able to develop a strategy to complete the first of the two missions. Is it actually possible?
dws90
Very Active User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually not sure it is... Surprised

I'll try beating it again soon and if I'm unable (more than likely) I'll change the groups to building.
BSlickOH
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to win the first mission (PITA, but possible). Second mission was really really easy.

Basically I had to build up three groups of forces, position them carefully, and then rush the pads simultaneously. The mission is over as soon as you occupy all three pads, so you don't have to sustain anything (and you won't be able to anyway, given the spawn rate). You can blow your way through and occupy one or two of them, then mass on the final ones and get the job done. Judicious use of Corporate Raiders helps a lot.

The spawning of the Bulpups was an interesting touch. Kinda mean, actually. Very Happy
dws90
Very Active User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I agree the spawning is a bit too much, so I've changed all unit groups to build, with the exception of the bullpups, who will continue to spawn, just for fun. To balance it out, ACME starts with quite a few more credits, and recieves some credits every 30 seconds. Again, just for fun. They also have a few more troop production plants.

As for part two, yes it is quite easy. Unfortunatly, there seems to be a limit on the amount of health any unit can have. I want Whitmore to be able to take on six FR Andys effortlessly, but Spiffcode didn't Very Happy .
MerlinustheTransport
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So....what happens when you set the health really high? Does the health bar overflow the unit grid?
Sakra Khan
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Triangulation missions Reply with quote

The first mission is actually possible - I've just finished after many attempts. The trick is to be able to get across the northern bridge, then it is easy.

The second mission is easy if units are positioned correctly.

Well done dws90, mission 1 was one of the hardest I've done!!
Omega5
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you beat part 1. I cant seem to Embarassed
Please reply
Anansi
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How I beat level one:

I set up my command center SE from the base entrance, just above the mineral field. Then I quickly built 5 missle turrets and 2 gun turrets on the W side of the comand center.

I stationed my task force just south of the base entrance, in the mineral field. This leaves your bullpups free to mine the entire map except for the small deposit in the enemy base.

Build 8-10 bullpups and mine... mine...mine...

Build 2-3 more command centers near large mineral fields.

Build a huge attack force and destroy everything in the enemy base...

Level two I'm still working on...

-Anansi-
Anansi
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Level 2 is easy once you figure it out.

Game over in 47 seconds...

-Anansi-
scoobie
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anansi wrote:
How I beat level one:

I set up my command center SE from the base entrance, just above the mineral field. Then I quickly built 5 missle turrets and 2 gun turrets on the W side of the comand center.

I stationed my task force just south of the base entrance, in the mineral field. This leaves your bullpups free to mine the entire map except for the small deposit in the enemy base.

Build 8-10 bullpups and mine... mine...mine...

Build 2-3 more command centers near large mineral fields.

Build a huge attack force and destroy everything in the enemy base...

Level two I'm still working on...

-Anansi-

How in the world did you ever have time to do all this. The blues start attacking before I can even get a decent defense mounted let alone an offencive attack.

I really need some help here. It takes a huge force to even get in the gate and even then I'm only able to take out a few buildings before the whole army is whiped out.

Scoob
Brownfinga
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its bollax, what is the point of creating a game if it is impossible to complete, and i dont care how you did it, you must have tweaked it afterwards or before. To get in to the top right corner you are facing an impossible mission. I occupied two of the Shields but the Blues keep respawning - it also keeps respawning the Bullies - it would appear the Blue team has an infinite amount of money - while the yellows has to mine which eventually is all gone - then you cannot build enough fire power to take out the final shield - so again its a bs game and very frustrating - these games are meant to be enjoyable not a wind up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: